Forums

Help › Forums

How do you masters do it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:11 AM (74 replies)
  • Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 9:51 PM

i had help on gettin my 69 in the qualifier. but it wasnt from cheating. i played with the default starter clubs for the first 3 weeks of the qualifier and best i could shoot was 72 did it a few times then broke down the tuesday of the last week and bought the R9 driver and the tour starter set and by thursday i was pretty used to them and shot my 69 to get in to the champion ship round where i crumbled under the presure and ended with a 77 but at least i still made the cut so was happy with the $15 buck i spent. so there might be a few cheaters out there but they'll get cought and want be there any more.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 7:57 PM

Well I would like to see a lot more single play tournaments myself. These show the true colors of all the players in this game and are much more pressure packed and enjoyable. I mean if the top players are "cheating" why didn't they just go out and shoot a 60 in the Open? Now some of these guys obviously have a lot of free time so in unlimited play they can shoot low 60s. It's not like they go out and do it in their first try. They log some hours. Those of us without the luxury of playing all day long obviously struggle more, from lack of practice and lack of time to hit the restart button again and again. When I wasn't working all the time a few months back I was winning some tournaments too. But now I'm lucky to play an hour every other day. There is no restart button in real golf, so if WGT wants this game to be realistic they need to add more single plays and maybe add penalties to your rating for restarting, .05 per restart or something. Or make some number up for the times you can try in a week or month. This would level the playing feild a bit more I think. But then again, they want people here all the time, can't blame em, it's what they made the game for, not complaing or feeling sorry for myself, well ok maybe a little bit. =P Now I guess if someone were to go out and win the single plays every time, we might have reason for suspicion. But the way it is, there is no grounds for accusing people of cheating, accuse them of playing too much if you want, but not cheating or hacking. Frankly I can't play this game for more than an hour or 2 at a time myself or I start going a little nuts. Again, not like real golf, I could play real golf all day, every day, if possible. More single plays please WGT ! please please please =)

Sorry it all runs together so much, never did like those paragraph thingies!

• reidhanson
    49 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 6:20 AM

We all know that cheating is possible in this game; but I don't think it is rampant by any means.  In my opinion, far more people have integrity than don't.  And I think our top players are just that...the top players.  Someone is going to be.  They've put in the practice, played the rounds and are just freakin' good.  They've got those good reflexes and twitch muscles; which I seem to lack in spades.  :(

The ones to look at would be flash-in-the-pan players who come out of nowhere to do something amazing.  But of course; sometimes even a feat like that is possible without cheating.  So what are ya gonna do?

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:38 PM

Never commented on cheaters before...yes I know people are paying for software to hit the line perfect & I think if they're not adept enough to hit the line themselves then they probably can't figure out how to hit the distances themselves either haha.  Cheating when you're competing for money & prizes does make you a thief. WGT will get them one way or another in time.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 6:30 PM

tibbets:
    I seriously hope that no one is using such things in this game.  It's not allowed in the rules of the game, and anyone who is using it will get caught if they look at the data.

and if they are stupid enough to admit to it in the OP.   rofl

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 6:34 PM

Lysti:
    I think if they're not adept enough to hit the line themselves then they probably can't figure out how to hit the distances themselves either haha. 

well  speaking for the geriatric  crowd,   just because we dont have the reflexs of a 20 yr old   does not make us stupid,   I figure the distances and adjusments for wind and elivation just fine  it is the hitting the line thing that has me in the mid to upper sixties!  Average that is,   am not that old  :)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:26 PM

why are you replying to posts almost a year old?  Why am I then replying to your posts that are replying to posts that are almost a year old?

Cheers

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:01 PM

No, trust me, it's possible...  I'm about to start doin it myself ;)

• funstuff
    35 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:50 AM

All this thing about cheating boggles my mind. First, I fail to see how it can be done, and assuming it can be done by some programming wizardry, I fail to see what enjoyment one could derive from reducing the game to the mindless activation of a rogue computer function.

Take some of the best players out there, like AvatarLee and BolloxinBruges; I believe they are simply that good, while we, lesser mortals, have to settle for less.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:08 AM

funstuff:

All this thing about cheating boggles my mind. First, I fail to see how it can be done, and assuming it can be done by some programming wizardry, I fail to see what enjoyment one could derive from reducing the game to the mindless activation of a rogue computer function.

Take some of the best players out there, like AvatarLee and BolloxinBruges; I believe they are simply that good, while we, lesser mortals, have to settle for less.

.....been saying that for a year. Many have tried but they're now like Voldemort at the end-all shriveled up in the corner.  ;-)

RSS