Help › Forums

9-11

Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:38 PM (72 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:13 PM

I agree David, good post there.

oneputtdavid:
    But when I ask them, have you read the bible cover to cover? Usual answer no. Then I ask do they believe that the bible is the written word of God? Again usual answer no.

I had a similar discussion with a elderly man some years back who happened to be of the Catholic faith and I asked him who he thought wrote the Bible, he replied, "One man wrote the Bible". I couldn't believe a man who was so involved in his church could say something like that.

I asked him, "If one man wrote the Bible, who is Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?" He just looked at me silently, and walked away. The elderly man has since passed-away.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 6:07 PM

AlaCowboy:
    He probably thinks the Muslim liar was born in America.

Not that I agree with the President's policies, but is your post in reference to the birthers Ala?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:38 AM

Could've sworn that I was promised an explanation/rebuttal of all of this...

CharlemagneRH:

oneputtdavid:
    If you are not a Muslim sympathizer, then please, I repeat please tell me how you would react to a sect whose purpose in life is to eradicate not only the Jews but western civilization and culture.

I'm not going to respond to the entirety of your post, but I will respond to this point, especially since it has to do with a previous post that I've made, which you chose to ignore.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in 13 that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, [a] both its people and its livestock. 16 Gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God. It is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt. 17 None of those condemned things [b] shall be found in your hands, so that the LORD will turn from his fierce anger; he will show you mercy, have compassion on you, and increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your forefathers, 18 because you obey the LORD your God, keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

Source?

Jewish Old Testament.  Deuteronomy 13.

This is only one of literally hundreds of examples of nastiness that can be found in the Jewish Old Testament.

Now, if what you meant by your question was, "Please tell me how you would react to a sect whose purpose in life is to eradicate people who are different than them," then my response would have to be "I don't like such people," which is why I don't like Jews, Catholics (well, I like them -- just not their church,) and even many of the new groups that like to call themselves Protestant.  The difference, here, though, is that (1) Muslims didn't start this, and (2) they are not carrying out atrocities in my name, with my tax dollars.

Now, if what you meant by your question really was, "Please tell me how you would react to a sect whose purpose in life is to eradicate not only the Jews but western civilization and culture," then my response would be "Sounds like they're giving Jews a taste of their own medicine.  Spunky.  I like it.  I'll defend the Western Civilization, though.  They'd better keep their hands off my books on Paine, Jefferson, etc."

CharlemagneRH:

oneputtdavid:
    Charlemagne....let me clarify one thing first. I believe there is only One true God, his full name is Lord Jesus Christ. But you and I can call him Jesus (Colossians 1:15-20) Look it up....... Secondly the scriptures that you have quoted need to be taken in context. The Lord Jehovah by the name he was called then did not eradicate people for the sake of the Jews. But because of their love of pleasures (does Sodom and Gomorrah ring a bell) and their "religious" beliefs in false gods and idol worship.

Yes, let us not forget what Moses did to some simple idol worshippers, those that did nothing "wrong" (if we want to take the opinions of the arrogant followers of Abrahamic religion seriously) other than worshiping the golden calf:  He slaughtered all of them.

All part of the renowned tolerance of Jews towards others, no doubt.

oneputtdavid:
    ........One thing you probably don't realize is that Judaism came along at least 2,500 yrs before the Muslim faith was conceived....Look it up.....A little history.

OOOOO a history lesson.  Why thank you!

Yes, I am well aware that Islam came after Judaism.  Islam, after all, is a spinoff of Christianity, which is a spinoff of Judaism.  Thus, it would be hard for Islam to come before Judaism.

And, although I did not spell it out, your claim that it is the goal of all Muslims to kill (or otherwise eradicate) Jews and Christians is most likely based upon that exact quote... or other variations of it, of course... it was, after all, something that was repeated ad nauseum, in the Jewish Torah, presumably in order to provide emphasis.

oneputtdavid:
    Abraham was the father of the Israeli and Arabic races. Remember Issac and Ishmael, Jacob and Esau... look it up (start in Genisis)...the difference is that one chose to live according to Gods promise. You figure out which one did....Now to conclude.

Yes, Genesis gives us a nice little story about how the different races came from different characters in the Bible.

Amongst them is Ham, said to be the ancestor of black people, and it is in Genesis that "God" condemns Ham's son, Canaan, and all of his descendants to servitude to some of the other races: namely Jews and Europeans.

Just one of the many things that we can thank Jews for... racial slavery.  Gosh... ain't Judaism grand?

I'll tell you what, David, you made an improvement converting from Judaism to Christianity (a religion in which followers are supposed to be, but rarely ever are, tolerant,) but unfortunately, a lot of the worst parts of your character did not make the conversion.  I don't think Jesus would appreciate your xenophobic, hateful attitude, even if Muslims aren't perfect.  (And who could expect them to be, when we are perpetually bombing their countries, largely without reasonable justification?)  If we were to apply your methods in a non-hypocritical manner, we'd have to burn Torahs and Talmuds as well, and advocate slaughter of all Jews.  Luckily for you, most people are not quite as intolerant as you are.

I won't be holding my breath.

Two million dead civilians in Iraq since 1990, due to wars instigated by us, not Saddam, and sanctions.

And how much have we spent on our military in the past two decades?  Officially, something along the lines of $10,000,000,000,000.  Realistically speaking, government organizations do a great job of hiding exactly how much we spend on our military, and the figure is more along the lines of $15,000,000,000,000 -- $100,000 per-person in the US' workforce.

What a disgrace.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 12:49 PM

Charle...this will be my last response to a bias, non-rational, prejudice, quotes out of the "Jewish Old Testament", (which you don't even believe to be true), hateful, arrogant, self loving, wish that America would fall, cannot comprehend wisdom nor truth type of person as you. These are just a "few" traits of your multiple personalities....I really don't know what type of person I'm dealing with!.....are you a "boy" that wishes to be a girl/vise versa?.... You "state" your an American patriot conservative, whose hero's are Paine and Jefferson and the like.(they are some of mine also) However your totally left winged propaganda spreading "Jew hating/Muslim loving", America shouldn't be fighting terrorism here or abroad attitude reveals your true self....does hypocrite define you?......

THE END

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:50 PM

The quote are not biased, irrational, or prejudice at all.  All of the nastiness is right there for everyone to read.  It is funny, though, to see you take the same exact quotes from the Quran and use them in part of an attack against Muslims, but when somebody else does it to Jews and Christians (although Christians are mostly off the hook because Jesus sort of erased a lot of the Old Testament nastiness,) you start using the words "bias," "non-rational" (SIC,) and "prejudice."

That is extremely hypocritical, and let's not forget what Jesus -- your supposed life guide -- said about hypocrites:

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:1-2)

Or we can take Paine's word on the matter, which is clearly still applicable:

That there are men in all countries who get their living by war, and by keeping up the quarrels of nations, is as shocking as it is true; [and when they] make it their study to sow discord and cultivate prejudices between nations, it becomes the more unpardonable."

As far as your assertion that I wish America to fall, that is quite untrue.  I wish Americans hadn't squandered trillions of dollars over the past several decades in completely unnecessary and unjustifiable wars, and I hope that we discontinue this practice.  In that sense, I am quite concerned about America and its future.

I am also quite concerned about the moral degradation that has gone on in this country since the times of Paine, Jefferson, etc., and yes, they hated the OT as well.  Paine even wrote, while in prison, about how the OT was utter nonsense.

I was promised an explanation, but all I got was nonsense and ad hominem attacks.  Sad.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:12 PM

I am an ex British serviceman who served my  country at a time when we were under attack by  terrorism for many years, and as much as I don't condone what happened on 9/11.

It surprises me that the people of the USA thought that their great country was a safe haven after all the wars that they had unnecessarily been involved in, but as I stated earlier I am an ex serviceman and I think that the us nation needs to wake up.

The terrorist that my countrymen had been fighting for 30+ years was the the IRA and maybe a lot of Americans did know this and maybe the majority didn't, but I can say that religion is the biggest fuel in terrorist wars and as was in N.Ireland, and I can also state as fact that 80% of weapons used by the IRA where supplied from your great country and also some of the mercenaries  paid by the IRA.

So next time you hear one of your great politicians slating terrorism remember they also helped to fuel it.

now let the slating begin         

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:30 PM

US lawmakers had a hard time writing the definition for terrorism because there is one and only one difference between how most US citizens would define the word "terrorism" and the US' foreign policy over the past several decades: the US' actions are done by a nation, whereas "terrorism" is done by an individual or group of individuals.

Yes, that really is the difference between terrorism and the US' foreign policy, and the US' domestic policy, for that matter.

If an individual kills or otherwise terrorizes in order to effect political change (i.e. engages in terrorism,) that individual is worse a child rapist, according to the state.  When the state does it it, however, they claim they are heroes.

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. -- Voltaire

On the subject of US sponsoring terrorism around the globe, one could cite dozens of incidents, but one that comes to mind, since we are mostly talking about Iraq, is the fact that one of the charges most commonly leveled against Saddam is that he had a penchant for killing Kurds, possibly with ambitions to kill all of them.  Even if you accept that charge as true, how do you explain how Turkey is our "ally in the war on terror" when, since Saddam came into power, Turkey has killed three times as many Kurds as Saddam did?  Clearly, the United States does not give a damn about the Kurds, then, and Saddam killing people must not have been our problem with him.

What he was put on trial for was killing 148 people who had attempted to assassinate him.  Would a US president act any different?  And what are we to do with Clinton, Janet Reno, et al., seeing as how they killed 76 people in Waco for no crime whatsoever?

The credibility of our government and military falls flat on its face upon even rough inspection.  Our federal government and military are a disgrace.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:13 AM

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. How 'terrified' are the citizens of whole nations subject to 'shock and awe' tactics and missiles falling from the sky and out of aircrafts?

State's terrorise the citizens of other states far more than ad hoc groups of freedom fighters/terrorists. None more so than the states of America, Great Britain and Israel.

The Yak 

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 1:26 PM

*cracks knuckles*

This thread was hilarious to read.  Didn't know this forum had so many religious nutjobs.

-If you believe 9/11 was an inside job, you are an idiot.

-If you believe America and Israel's hands are clean and that America didn't bring 9/11 on themselves, you are an idiot.

-If you believe that any one single religion has it's hands clean and preaches any less violence than another, you are an idiot.

-If you can't keep your religion out of politics, you are an idiot.

-If you believe Obama wasn't born in the US, you are an idiot.

Any questions?

• richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 1:33 PM

And the Lord said "come forth John and I'll grant you eternel life"

Sadly John came fifth and won a bloody toaster!

RSS