Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:38 PM (72 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:34 PM

RIP

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:07 PM

We need to make 9/11 a national holiday so that we can officially lament the fact that our government is corrupt enough to kill its own citizens to instigate wars that could've bought every single person in America two computers or every house a 2-kW solar PV system.  (Slightly more corrupt than Pearl Harbor, where FDR merely lured Japan into attacking by not keeping Kimmel & Short informed on what Japan was up to, after we'd instigated Japan by cutting off all of their oil supplies and freezing all of their assets here in the States.)

It is a sad day indeed.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:59 PM

Rip indeed. But there's no need to burn holy books.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:49 AM

First and only time I will talk about this pitz

1. I agree, I cannot over state my disgust with anyone that would burn a religious book no matter what book it is. It is tasteless and to me morally wrong.

2. Under the constitution and the 1st Amendment which guarantee's free speech, I will vehemently stand up and fight for anyones right of free speech and expression. I was a soldier for 22 years and hated it when people especially our own burnt the flag. But by the nature of me being who I was made me a guardian of that right. The burning had nothing to do with 911 but with the 911 Mosque. 

note: Edited quoted wrong amendment, 4:00 am is way to early

Now for 911......WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:53 AM

CharlemagneRH:

We need to make 9/11 a national holiday so that we can officially lament the fact that our government is corrupt enough to kill its own citizens to instigate wars that could've bought every single person in America two computers or every house a 2-kW solar PV system.  (Slightly more corrupt than Pearl Harbor, where FDR merely lured Japan into attacking by not keeping Kimmel & Short informed on what Japan was up to, after we'd instigated Japan by cutting off all of their oil supplies and freezing all of their assets here in the States.)

It is a sad day indeed.

I have never gotten into your disagreements and I was in the military during 911. Don't push this crap and if you are a "TRUTHER" you are an absolute idiot. You can write back all you want, I will not argue with you! I was part of the military's asset team to the 911 commission. I know more than you, it was not an inside job so just leave it alone and honor the dead. If you cannot do that please be quite!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:01 AM

Sargenjd01:
    First and only time I will talk about this pitz

1. I agree, I cannot over state my disgust with anyone that would burn a religious book no matter what book it is. It is tasteless and to me morally wrong.

2. Under the constitution and the 2nd Amendment which guarantee's free speech, I will vehemently stand up and fight for anyones right of free speech and expression. I was a soldier for 22 years and hated it when people especially our own burnt the flag. But by the nature of me being who I was made me a guardian of that right. The burning had nothing to do with 911 but with the 911 Mosque. 

Now for 911......WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

That's the first amendment, not the second.

Sargenjd01:
    I know more than you

For someone who doesn't know two of the most-cited amendments, you seem a little too sure of yourself.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:10 AM

Whatever! Honest mistake, your still.........it's to early to get into this and your not worth it.

• richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:02 AM

I understand we're all entitled to our opinion, but i don't believe today is the day to argue the toss on the rights and wrongs of war! Pure and simple this is a day of remembrance and leave the pettiness for another day. As for the generalization of my  fellow Brit this was one very small church in a very large country, sadly  there are idiots in all walks of life.

RIP PEACE TO ALL.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:12 AM

Totally agree. Very small insignificant man whom the press gave way to much attention to.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:23 AM

Have to butt in to this thread; firstly, why are any of you blasting this "insignificant man"  for wanting to burn books that are filled w/hate? i.e.....elimination to all infidels (Christians and Jews). Would you also defend "not" to burn the books, The Communist Manifesto or Mien Kampf? By the way both books were revered by some of the most notorious men responsible for human deaths in the history of civilization.

I personally believe in the Bible and would not get in a big uproar if someone wanted to purchase them to burn. Because I know the "truth" cannot be put out by fire.  

Yes we Americans do have a 1st amendment giving us freedom's of speech, press, religion, the right to assemble and petition. I may not agree w/others of different views,(which are numerous) so long as its not harmful or prejudice against me or my family, they also have that right.

I will defend those rights, as my forefathers before defended them.

RSS