Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:36 AM

CharlemagneRH:

Sorry, but the woes of the pros and amateurs are not even close to being in the same league as those of Legends.

Sorry back at you. BS. New players have maybe more problems than the Legend Tier. With starter equipment once you advance to Pro Tier there are just too many shots you can't make. Too many par 4 holes that can't be reached in two shots. Too many places where you can't place the ball in a certain area for a correct approach shot because your clubs won't get the job done. 

Here it is in a nutshell ... a majority of "new" players won't be around long enough to see level 58. They'll play a while and then just give up since the game isn't fun to play.

I realize you have your own agenda .. i.e. trying to make some measly amount of money on this golf game. It's like this in most situations like here at the WGT,  e.g. Hobbies like RC racing and the like ---  The best players are the ones who complain the most and contribute the least. How many thousands of lousy players buy virtual equipment monthly? More I'd guess than people like you who have mastered the game and have the best equipment. 

Again, doing what the WGT has done to the worst/new players is killing the goose that liad the golden egg. 

As for your suggestion that *I* buy the clubs I don't want...sorry bro..that's a no go. I'm not spending a single dime to support a system that is unfair to the new players. I am especially not going to buy items I don't want. Wouldn't do that in a real golf shop, won't do it here. Why would I? I know that this is the underlying purpose to get players like me to buy multiple sets of clubs while trying to achieve some ridiculous level that may take a year. I'm not going to be playing 10 games a day on an ongoing basis so getting to level 58 is relatively unreasonable. By then my interest will fade and I'l lbe gone just like thousands of other new players. 

I want to spend money to get equipment that will make the game fun. This new program is making that pretty much impossible. Damn shame as I've said before a fews times. 

Take it for what it's worth but remember your agenda isn't good for all the players participating in this game. 

• erichoang21
    28 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:46 AM

XXBones:

CharlemagneRH:

Sorry, but the woes of the pros and amateurs are not even close to being in the same league as those of Legends.

Sorry back at you. BS. New players have maybe more problems than the Legend Tier. With starter equipment once you advance to Pro Tier there are just too many shots you can't make. Too many par 4 holes that can't be reached in two shots. Too many places where you can't place the ball in a certain area for a correct approach shot because your clubs won't get the job done. 

Here it is in a nutshell ... a majority of "new" players won't be around long enough to see level 58. They'll play a while and then just give up since the game isn't fun to play.

I realize you have your own agenda .. i.e. trying to make some measly amount of money on this golf game. It's like this in most situations like here at the WGT,  e.g. Hobbies like RC racing and the like ---  The best players are the ones who complain the most and contribute the least. How many thousands of lousy players buy virtual equipment monthly? More I'd guess than people like you who have mastered the game and have the best equipment. 

Again, doing what the WGT has done to the worst/new players is killing the goose that liad the golden egg. 

As for your suggestion that *I* buy the clubs I don't want...sorry bro..that's a no go. I'm not spending a single dime to support a system that is unfair to the new players. I am especially not going to buy items I don't want. Wouldn't do that in a real golf shop, won't do it here. Why would I? I know that this is the underlying purpose to get players like me to buy multiple sets of clubs while trying to achieve some ridiculous level that may take a year. I'm not going to be playing 10 games a day on an ongoing basis so getting to level 58 is relatively unreasonable. By then my interest will fade and I'l lbe gone just like thousands of other new players. 

I want to spend money to get equipment that will make the game fun. This new program is making that pretty much impossible. Damn shame as I've said before a fews times. 

Take it for what it's worth but remember your agenda isn't good for all the players participating in this game. 

Tell me how did WGT make money on new players like you ? How much did you pay for starter clubs (because that what you got in your bag ) and starter balls ?

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:05 AM

Honestly if you understand that wgt has to be careful about how much yardage to be offering the legends then you should also understand how cautious they should be about tweeking the equipment you can buy at which level in the same way. It all ties in together.As in once they have it sandbaggers have it for good. If this costs wgt profit then you have to commend them on acting in the spirit of fairness.

Don't forget they have concerns expressed here along with monitoring rounds to go on to base their decisions on and there hasn't been enough of either. And some of the complainers however unknowingly want the old status quo or worse.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:17 AM

MByrd:

I cannot make the fairway on St. Andrews #7 unless a have a tailwind of at least 16 or 17 MPH

Regarding that hole there is a fairway to the left that offers a long approach to the green. I've seen a master with basically starters clubs use it before. The only upgrade she had at the time was a tour starter driver and putter.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:37 AM

XXBones:

CharlemagneRH:

Sorry back at you. BS. New players have maybe more problems than the Legend Tier.

Nope.  Wrong.  Everyone here knows that I tried my best to avoid being a legend, favoring being an amateur or pro instead.  I put my money where my mouth is on this subject, and everyone knows it.  It should be obvious to anyone that I honestly believe that being an amateur or pro is a lot easier than being a legend.

XXBones:
    With starter equipment once you advance to Pro Tier there are just too many shots you can't make. Too many par 4 holes that can't be reached in two shots. Too many places where you can't place the ball in a certain area for a correct approach shot because your clubs won't get the job done.

All you have to do is pony up $20 to get some Burner Plus irons and a 240-245 driver.  All legends have had to do this at some point.  The "woes" of being a pro, if they even exist at all, are easily solved.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:28 PM

You're not a new player, so that point is moot.You were a wolf in sheep's clothing. Of course you would rip up the Amateur courses. Real amateurs however are just trying to learn the game and the courses. At least I was. Doing well in tournaments was a non-starter because of all the sandbaggers (and lack of skill).

When the sale ends tier won't matter one iota when talking about what we can buy. A Hack can have a "Master" Redwood Putter, or a Legend can have starter clubs. At least in theory.

No doubt Legends below the best have been given a tough task. You have shown however that you are quite capable of taking this one, so why the constant whining? Any game is boring when you can win it almost with your eyes closed, and was probably the case for many top Master players. Now they've been given a new challenge. Most are actually taking it head-on instead of moping. Just a slower-tier players are taking on the challenge instead of being upset about turning Pro or Master.

I think the change will be good in the long term, once the dust settles. It gives everybody an incentive to play, and it has made the scores at least somewhat more realistic.

The main goal should be to try to improve one's own game, not to beat everybody else every single time.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:53 PM

Pangaea:
    You're not a new player, so that point is moot.You were a wolf in sheep's clothing. Of course you would rip up the Amateur courses. Real amateurs however are just trying to learn the game and the courses. At least I was.

Decent amateurs can become pros with the starter clubs.  Crap players will remain amateurs.  Good pros can become masters with starter clubs, and decent pros can become masters with level 20 clubs, and "meh" players will remain pros with level 20 clubs.  Ergo, no problem exists.  That is how it should be.

Also, it shouldn't be lost on anyone that while this XXBones guy is lecturing me about the supposed woes of the amateurs and pros, saying that it is mainly amateurs and pros who have supported the game, he has nothing but starter clubs.  I've put at least $20 directly into WGT, gotten two $50 restaurant.com gift certificates, and filled out probably 8 surveys or so.  *I* have supported WGT.  XXBones has not.  The people who have supported WGT are the people who were pros that wanted to move up to master, so they bought better clubs, and the overwhelming majority of those people are now masters and legends.  The people who have not supported WGT are the pros that didn't care to buy any clubs, and most of them are still pros.

Pangaea:
    When the sale ends tier won't matter one iota when talking about what we can buy.

And you want to know who is going to be in trouble when/if that happens?  Masters that do not yet have master equipment.  Not pros, not amateurs... only masters.  That's it.  Again, any decent player can move from amateur to pro with the starter clubs, and to go from pro to master, it would take a good with only starter clubs or a decent player with level 20 clubs.  NO PROBLEM EXISTS IN THE AMATEUR OR PRO TIER.  (Outside of sandbagging, of course.)

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:31 PM

To be clear we are working on more solutions to deal with sand bagging and also additional clubs in the future. We are also looking at the number of experience points earned, and required per level.

• Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:46 PM

Now my average is so ridicule, 76 for be a master, i have dificulty to make a par on the game. Sometime i play multiplayers game with pro tour and pro players and 50% bet me easy, and 50% quit before the game end. They are no able to finish a game with a +4 average over normal par,  my average for game since one week.

With this monster average now, i try only to have fun to play with others, but now like many other ones, i only practice to see if the game play look better than the day before !! it's not a joke, i'm sure many players make the same pattern now. Trying, Practice shots, Read replies for see what WGT was doing for repair this white elephant.

WGT, The ball is on your side now !!

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:55 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    Also, it shouldn't be lost on anyone that while this XXBones guy is lecturing me about the supposed woes of the amateurs and pros, saying that it is mainly amateurs and pros who have supported the game, he has nothing but starter clubs.  I've put at least $20 directly into WGT, gotten two $50 restaurant.com gift certificates, and filled out probably 8 surveys or so.  *I* have supported WGT.
    You continued $20 to the WGT? $20? WOW. You're joking right? You're saying that is a big number and is why you think you are supporting the cause? Pat yourselff on the back. That is big money right there. Twenty dollars? Good god man. You'd think you were a venture capitalist bailing out the WGT. Get real dude. As I mentioned before I would guess there are thousands of people playing this game that have spent triple or quadruple what you have and are still stuck in the sand. 

CharlemagneRH:
     XXBones has not.  The people who have supported WGT are the people who were pros that wanted to move up to master, so they bought better clubs, and the overwhelming majority of those people are now masters and legends.  The people who have not supported WGT are the pros that didn't care to buy any clubs, and most of them are still pros.
    You have to start reading what I am writing. You need to put your little agenda aside, stop thinking of new ways to cheat and read what is being written. I have told you (several times) I want to buy equipment. I want to buy equipment that will help me improve not equipment that is the only stuff being offered (other than getting to level 58 or more) that will make it harder like the iron sets you suggest with even faster meter speeds. A week+ ago I would have been able to buy the clubs I think are right for me to start improving. I had to get to the Pro Tier first and by the time I did everything changed. 

CharlemagneRH:
    NO PROBLEM EXISTS IN THE AMATEUR OR PRO TIER.  (Outside of sandbagging, of course.)
    You can't see the forest from the tress. That statement is absolutely absurd.

Most of what has been changed has to do with people cheating/sandbagging. But to prevent people from buying equipment they have earned based on the scores they are posting is simply wrong. If sandbagging is the issue the WGT needs to find ways to stop that. They certainly have the technology to manipulate the website to prevent it. This isn't the way. 

RSS