Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:58 PM

WGTadmin2:

To be clear we are working on more solutions to deal with sand bagging and also additional clubs in the future. We are also looking at the number of experience points earned, and required per level.

Well that's a positive move. Thanks for "taking a look"...hope you can come up with a solution that will help all of us have fun playing this game and get you more revenue in the process! 

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:06 PM

erichoang21:

Tell me how did WGT make money on new players like you ? How much did you pay for starter clubs (because that what you got in your bag ) and starter balls ?

Not one damn penny. But I'd spend more than enough if I thought I could buy what I want and need to improve my play and have fun in the process. You don't get it either do you? Why would I buy only those things that are not grayed out when those clubs will make it more difficult for me to play? Hellllo.... A week ago I could have bought them as soon as I made the Pro Tier which happened about two days too late. Today...can't. Damn stupid idea. 

You the kind that goes into a golf shop and buys only what the salesperson recommends? Unbelievably naive.  Yes I'm looking at you erichoang21.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:41 PM

XXBones,

you really shouldn't fear the faster meter speed and the forgiveness of the clubs that are available to you. Dive right in. They will improve your game.

Unfortunately they took the WGT tour pro line out of the shop. It was a nice gap filler.

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:50 PM

Only a matter of time till I join the legends bickering.  Currently dominating RG's winning about 1/3 I enter.  If I actually take my time and try I win about 1/2.  This is directly related to the fact that legends scores have gone up so much, having to deal with unreasonable distances and equipment not suitable for those distances.  As for the greens speed...I have absolutely no problems with them.  I find the tournament speeds easy as pie now and championship is not that much tougher.  Of course, hitting the ball feet from the pin take the greens speeds out of play and that is because I have such short clubs for my approach shots.  Although I still use rapture irons because I cannot handle the quicker meter speed clubs.  I average about 62 (windy RG's), slightly less in normal conditions so I should be moved up to the legends tier soon.  Until that day comes though, I will be adding to my already insane stack of usless credits. 

Can they create a driver that cost 20,000 credits that hits the ball 330 yds? For the record, I would be willing to use more of these usless credits than that if needed.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:53 PM

<edited>

I want to buy equipment from the WGT. They will not let me

Read it twice or even three times if you have to so you can comprehend. 

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:58 PM

birdwell:

XXBones,

you really shouldn't fear the faster meter speed and the forgiveness of the clubs that are available to you. Dive right in. They will improve your game.

Unfortunately they took the WGT tour pro line out of the shop. It was a nice gap filler.

I dunno BIrd...don't mind throwing $15 away but it would be so much simplier if they would just unlock the clubs that have some distance with the slower meter speed. Be easy then to buy some irons, driver, wedges, putter and some balls. You may be right and maybe I do need to jump in. Trouble is that is just enabling the WGT. They made a mistake and we should give them some time to think about it and fix some of the issues before we pour money into their pockets. 

Thank you for the advice though...who knows. It really is a fun game if only you can feel like you have a fighting chance. It's difficult enough but when you can't reach a lot of par 4 holes in two shots or even have to hit 3w into those greens...ummmm...not good. Not so much fun.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:45 PM

WGTadmin2:

To be clear we are working on more solutions to deal with sand bagging and also additional clubs in the future. We are also looking at the number of experience points earned, and required per level.

Legends only ready go already installed....sweet....championship greens.....WGT is listening somewhat.....Thanks WGT

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:02 PM

ironking34:

WGTadmin2:

Legends only ready go already installed....sweet....championship greens.....WGT is listening somewhat.....Thanks WGT

Cool. Now just unlock some Pro Tier clubs ( like these ) and we're GOLD. I will buy them tomorrow! 

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:10 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    I've put at least $20 directly into WGT, gotten two $50 restaurant.com gift certificates, and filled out probably 8 surveys or so.  *I* have supported WGT.  XXBones has not.

So you have taken about 30 dollars out of WGT then. Got it. Well, combined I have paid probably 50 dollars into WGT, via sponsors. But we are only two people. How many legends are there? 1000 maybe? (For some reason it has shot up, was 260-ish after the change). And how many non-legends are there? A heck of a lot more than 1000.

In addition, most, if not all legends are self-financed via RGs, so aren't putting any money into WGT. I'm sure they have back in the day, but they're not any more (generally). It's the lower-tiered players who are putting in money, and given their tremendous numbers I'm sure that's where the bulk of WGT income comes from.

CharlemagneRH:
    And you want to know who is going to be in trouble when/if that happens?  Masters that do not yet have master equipment.  Not pros, not amateurs... only masters.  That's it.  Again, any decent player can move from amateur to pro with the starter clubs, and to go from pro to master, it would take a good with only starter clubs or a decent player with level 20 clubs.  NO PROBLEM EXISTS IN THE AMATEUR OR PRO TIER.  (Outside of sandbagging, of course.)

Screaming louder doesn't make it true - but let's look away from that for now. Everybody will have problems getting the equipment they want when the sale ends. That's the truth. I am quite lucky to have joined the site when I did, as I now have all the clubs I really need. People who have joined recently (joined, not re-registered) and in the future will not have that 'luxury'. They need to play through 60 levels.That's going to take months.

It's a difficult balance though. One of the upsides to this is that sandbaggins has been made more difficult for new accounts (won't have the clubs they need). But it's unfair for all players who can't buy what they want and previously could have bought. But don't come here and tell us this is a Master or Legend only problem. It simply isn't. Every player will face the same problems. And importantly, if new clubs are introduced they will not be legend-only clubs, so all players can buy them. In two years :D

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:43 PM

XXBones:
    You continued $20 to the WGT? $20? WOW. You're joking right? You're saying that is a big number and is why you think you are supporting the cause? Pat yourselff on the back. That is big money right there. Twenty dollars? Good god man. You'd think you were a venture capitalist bailing out the WGT. Get real dude. As I mentioned before I would guess there are thousands of people playing this game that have spent triple or quadruple what you have and are still stuck in the sand.

You are so funny... h4r, h4r, h4r.  I went to take a look, and I put in $40 directly, on top of completing another $35.50-worth of offers, so I put in $75.50.

07.05.10     TrialPay earned 150 credits     Completed Offer     150 cr
    07.06.10      TrialPay earned 1250 credits       Completed Offer      1,250 cr
    07.07.10     TrialPay earned 450 credits     Completed Offer     450 cr
    07.13.10     Purchase 2000 credits         Deposit         2,000 cr
    07.18.10     Purchase 2000 credits         Deposit         2,000 cr
    08.01.10     TrialPay earned 1250 credits     Completed Offer     1,250 cr
    08.31.10     TrialPay earned 450 credits     Completed Offer     450 cr

XXBones:
    You have to start reading what I am writing. You need to put your little agenda aside, stop thinking of new ways to cheat and read what is being written.

Everybody here knows that I don't have an agenda here because I tried desperately to drop this account and start a new one, attempting to avoid the legend tier in favor of sandbagging in the pro tier.  The pro tier is cake.

RSS