Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:46 PM

ironking34:

WGTadmin2:

To be clear we are working on more solutions to deal with sand bagging and also additional clubs in the future. We are also looking at the number of experience points earned, and required per level.

Legends only ready go already installed....sweet....championship greens.....WGT is listening somewhat.....Thanks WGT

Tier-based RG's are pretty lame tbh because that just means that legends will be facing stiffer competition, and there will only be one RG a day.  Meanwhile, sandbaggers could still rake in the dough in the lower tiers.

They need to change their "average" algorithm.  It is the only way to fix this problem.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:53 PM

Pangaea:
    It's a difficult balance though. One of the upsides to this is that sandbaggins has been made more difficult for new accounts (won't have the clubs they need). But it's unfair for all players who can't buy what they want and previously could have bought. But don't come here and tell us this is a Master or Legend only problem. It simply isn't. Every player will face the same problems. And importantly, if new clubs are introduced they will not be legend-only clubs, so all players can buy them. In two years :D

Sandbagging is easier now than it ever has been.  Prior to the changes, everyone had to tee off from the same tee.  After the changes, everyone tees off from different tees, and I can tell you right now that birdying from the pro tees with level 20 equipment is a hell of a lot easier than birdying from the legend tees with master equipment.

I really have no idea where you and XXBones are getting your information from.

• terildan
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:54 PM

fair is fair...make it the same for all levels. as a legend on the black tee's playing in a match play with other than a legend is almost impossible to win , they out drive us 50 yards +, they can reach the greens in 2 and putt on slower greens. We as legends paid are time ,dues and money only to be screwed.... my play will be done when my credits are gone....ty for nothing

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:15 PM

Its certainly harder to beat them now, from the black tees, but I struggle on gamely...

Lol!

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:59 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    Everybody here knows that I don't have an agenda here because I tried desperately to drop this account and start a new one, attempting to avoid the legend tier in favor of sandbagging in the pro tier.  The pro tier is cake.

LOL.....it was still a weak try though......you could have chosen a different name......I thought you were just trying to prove a point when I saw that.

• putt4gold
    56 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:12 AM

I just dont get it..all you have to do to fix the problem is either.. a) give us a driver that will travel 300 yards that doesen't have a rediculous meter speed..or b) move the legends back up to the old tees. If you dont have a "legend driver" ready to be released then move us up to the old tees until  the driver is ready for purchase in the pro shop.

I do suggest that you fix these issues real quick, as i know myself before this update used to spend a minimum of 4 hours a day playing this game. As of today i play 1, maybe 2 9 hole rounds and that is going to more than likely be reduced to 0 games played real soon as im sure many legends will do the same.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:53 AM

CharlemagneRH:

Everybody here knows that I don't have an agenda here because I tried desperately to drop this account and start a new one, attempting to avoid the legend tier in favor of sandbagging in the pro tier.

I doubt you did. You realised before hand that the only way would be to play thousands of rounds deliberately trying to score badly and you thought better of a stupid idea. Either that or... see below.

The poultry sums you have contributed are nothing compared to the millions of dollars WGT earn from the lower teirs. It is perfectly obvious that sandbagging is not a major issue (the same old legends are still the ones winning the tournaments) and will be more difficult now because the good clubs take much longer to become unlocked. And most people don't play for credits anyway.

I have noticed in life that it is the people who go around accusing others of lying that tend to be the liars. The people that go around accusing others of stealing who tend to be the thieves. The people who go around cheating on their spouses are convinced that everybody else is too. etc. etc.

You have said you were stopped in your attempt to sandbag. Hmmmm...

I suspect you were not and you are persisting with that attempt. (Maybe you had the intelligence to create two new accounts - one obvious one you could hold your hands up to and one secret one you would persist with.) I'm not accusing you of that, I just suspect.

Your self-centredness and total lack of understanding of anybody else's problems here is quite repugnant and, as I said, makes me inclined to hope that your problems get worse not better. (Go, Go, Sandbaggers! Good luck vs Charlemagne! Not my problem, I don't play for credits.)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 5:12 AM

Ready Go tournaments for Legends only......now we are getting there, well done. It'll be harder for me to win credits but it is a fairer way of doing so. Now get on with giving us a club/clubs that'll give us just a bit more length please.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:27 AM

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

Everybody here knows that I don't have an agenda here because I tried desperately to drop this account and start a new one, attempting to avoid the legend tier in favor of sandbagging in the pro tier.

I doubt you did. You realised before hand that the only way would be to play thousands of rounds deliberately trying to score badly and you thought better of a stupid idea. Either that or... see below.

The poultry sums you have contributed are nothing compared to the millions of dollars WGT earn from the lower teirs. It is perfectly obvious that sandbagging is not a major issue (the same old legends are still the ones winning the tournaments) and will be more difficult now because the good clubs take much longer to become unlocked. And most people don't play for credits anyway.

I have noticed in life that it is the people who go around accusing others of lying that tend to be the liars. The people that go around accusing others of stealing who tend to be the thieves. The people who go around cheating on their spouses are convinced that everybody else is too. etc. etc.

You have said you were stopped in your attempt to sandbag. Hmmmm...

I suspect you were not and you are persisting with that attempt. (Maybe you had the intelligence to create two new accounts - one obvious one you could hold your hands up to and one secret one you would persist with.) I'm not accusing you of that, I just suspect.

Your self-centredness and total lack of understanding of anybody else's problems here is quite repugnant and, as I said, makes me inclined to hope that your problems get worse not better. (Go, Go, Sandbaggers! Good luck vs Charlemagne! Not my problem, I don't play for credits.)

+1. 

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:30 AM

CharlemagneRH:

1 Flag CaptainShank 44 $0.00 29
    2 Flag CharlemagneRH 34 $0.00 29
    *Grumbles stuff about "tour masters" *
    I had an amazing round from the championship tees, but I lost out to a "pretty good" round from the master tees.  I missed my birdie putt on 18, but I wasn't too mad because I thought there was no way that I needed it to win.  To my surprise, I was wrong.  Ugh.

so make your putt next time and STFU.  good for you, you had an AMAZING round.  are you saying it is impossible for anyone else to have an amazing round?  how about giving credit to another player for playing well?  the state of the game would be in serious trouble if/when shooting a 29 on 9 holes is considered "pretty good."

RSS