Help › Forums

Scheduled Downtime Tonight - 7/27

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:32 PM (81 replies)
  • rohdem
    40 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:19 AM

nicknaron:

I dont like the 30 second timer.. too quick... why skip 60 and go straight to 30? As far as the interface goes.. doesnt help with anything except just adding a few more things to load up and popping ads in your face everytime. The new pin locations are a nice change, and a couple of new clubs are ok, nothing big there though, in all its really just alot of glamour and not really alot of needed change. 

Enough with aesthetic and small changes, let's see some server improvement, better shot-shaping technique, and some new stroke play courses. 

Right on the money.

Game performance seems to have dropped for me since the 'upgrade'.  And the swing meter is still as jumpy as ever.  Costs me 2-5 strokes a round usually.  And you still only have 4 stroke play courses, 1 of which isn't available for tournaments.  But you focus all your efforts on the f-ing menus?  How about putting the freaking number of balls I have left on the GUI when I'm playing?  How hard can that be, but how much frustration would it save me when I run out of balls mid round......  And more pin positions......LOTS more....for every course....since I only have 4 courses to play, at least make them play a little different each time.

And while I'm ranting, I know it is realistic to have me lose one of my balls when I hit it in the water, but that really pisses me off when I'm paying actual money for them.  If you want it that realistic, then add a feature where I can walk around the lake or in the weeds and find 10 balls that people have lost.

And yes, I have invested at least $40-$50 in this game, so I would like to see some REAL improvements.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:25 AM

rohdem:
    How about putting the freaking number of balls I have left on the GUI when I'm playing?

They sorta did-it's the first thing you see when you open the game menu. It was added in this last update. You probably already have but I'll suggest it anyway before somebody else does-clear your caches after an update. GL

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:33 AM

Still no Oakmont on the country club tournament menu. 

• rohdem
    40 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:41 AM

YankeeJim:

rohdem:
    How about putting the freaking number of balls I have left on the GUI when I'm playing?

They sorta did-it's the first thing you see when you open the game menu. It was added in this last update. You probably already have but I'll suggest it anyway before somebody else does-clear your caches after an update. GL

Yes, I've cleared my cache.  I know they added the number of balls on the first menu which helps, but I want it while I'm playing.  What if I start with 3 or 4 but hit a couple in the water?  And why can't I change balls, at least between holes?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:49 AM

Hi

rohdem:
    Game performance seems to have dropped for me since the 'upgrade'.  And the swing meter is still as jumpy as ever.  Costs me 2-5 strokes a round usually. 

Personally I haven't witnessed the game performance drop off you mention.  I just dont see it.

Again from my own personal experience, the meter costs me a shot and maybe a ball, once in a blue moon. I do experience meter stutters, like most people - but I can generally work around them. My last meter induced lost stroke /  ball was 10 days ago, and before that probably 2 to 3 weeks.

If you're losing 2 - 5 shots a round you have something seriously wrong, and its not all at WGT's end.  I would have a good look at your system specs and PC performance first something there not right !!

Contact WGTNiv  he'll be able to put you right, and give you some advice.

Cheers

Doug

I

• rohdem
    40 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:20 AM

dorkfeatures:

Hi

rohdem:
    Game performance seems to have dropped for me since the 'upgrade'.  And the swing meter is still as jumpy as ever.  Costs me 2-5 strokes a round usually. 

Personally I haven't witnessed the game performance drop off you mention.  I just dont see it.

Again from my own personal experience, the meter costs me a shot and maybe a ball, once in a blue moon. I do experience meter stutters, like most people - but I can generally work around them. My last meter induced lost stroke /  ball was 10 days ago, and before that probably 2 to 3 weeks.

If you're losing 2 - 5 shots a round you have something seriously wrong, and its not all at WGT's end.  I would have a good look at your system specs and PC performance first something there not right !!

Cheers

Doug

I

I get what you are saying, and I probably exaggerated just a bit when I got going on my rant, but it does cost me at least once a round, in extreme cases up to 5.  I would say the meter jumps at least once every 1-2 holes.  The performance issues I've noticed since this last release aren't related to the meter (although its certainly not better), its the animations, when my guy swings, its slow and choppy.  When putting, I'll see him hit the ball, then see where it ends up, etc.

I'm an IT Systems admin and the machine I usually play on is a dual quad core machine (thats 8 processor cores) with 18 GB of RAM (yes, eighteen).  I know how to keep my machines performing as they should, I don't have spyware, viruses, etc slowing it down.  I've played in Firebox, IE, and Chrome and experience similar issues in all of them.  Do I have other programs open when I'm playing?  Of course, this isn't 1992, but they aren't bogging down the system by any means.

Saying its not WGT's problem and its my issue is a cop out IMO.

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:35 AM

I just had to throw in my two cents ..I have played this game for almost a year now and overall have had very few problems..sure there may be a glitch here and there ,,but if you follow the letter in troubleshooting..it corrects it..or you may have a settting wrong..experiment.. and it can be fixed,,also if meter not one you want..let it go just dont hit mouse a 2nd time..and it will not hit ball..always do a couple of practice swings as this will usually correct this..this is only my take on this.. but I have no probs with game at all..gl and have good rounds

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:49 AM

rohdem:
    What if I start with 3 or 4 but hit a couple in the water?  And why can't I change balls, at least between holes?

At this point in time, your unable to switch balls during game play, that's the way WGT has the game set-up. You can simply save your game, equip your golf bag with new golf balls and resume your game.

If your experiencing a problem with the meter, simply read this thread.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:47 AM

rohdem:

dorkfeatures:

Hi

rohdem:

Cheers

Doug

I

I get what you are saying, and I probably exaggerated just a bit when I got going on my rant, but it does cost me at least once a round, in extreme cases up to 5.  I would say the meter jumps at least once every 1-2 holes.  The performance issues I've noticed since this last release aren't related to the meter (although its certainly not better), its the animations, when my guy swings, its slow and choppy.  When putting, I'll see him hit the ball, then see where it ends up, etc.

I'm an IT Systems admin and the machine I usually play on is a dual quad core machine (thats 8 processor cores) with 18 GB of RAM (yes, eighteen).  I know how to keep my machines performing as they should, I don't have spyware, viruses, etc slowing it down.  I've played in Firebox, IE, and Chrome and experience similar issues in all of them.  Do I have other programs open when I'm playing?  Of course, this isn't 1992, but they aren't bogging down the system by any means.

Saying its not WGT's problem and its my issue is a cop out IMO.

I have found in the past 2 weeks that it is not your system as such but your video card that has the most to do with the meter and how smooth it is. Sure a lot of people swear by chrome and game booster. But honestly it seems to me that the biggest problem with the meter is your video card and or drivers or a combination of the 2. Update your video card drivers and you might just find that you have a smooth meter.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    I'm beginning to think your incidents are no worse than mine.

I'm going to get around to shooting some video and posting it.  Then you can decide.  As I've said I have come to terms with it and accepted it for what it is. 

YankeeJim:
    I have club in hand and know what I'm going to do before it's my turn and still have to hustle to beat that timer. :-)

Then it sounds like you need to put that big fat spliff down.  :)   I don't take practice swings as I've noticed they make the CPU spike.  I typically pause at the top of my swing for about 3 secs and found that to be the best. 

Full shot routine.

1. Zoom in
    2. Adjust aim
    3. Hit shot.  Sometimes I need to let 1 or 2 swing through but even doing that it doesn't take any more than 25 seconds for me to pull the trigger.  If everything is smooth I usually pull the trigger within 15 seconds.  

I totally play off feel and have never counted avatar movements putting or hitting full shots.  I get a chuckle out of people that do but we have plenty around that even put tape or paper on their screen to judge distance.  BOOOO!

Now all that said, I certainly don't expect everyone to play that fast and think a 45 or 60 timer would be a great compromise.  I'd like to see all masters play with 60 timer or less.  90 seconds is fine for people still learning the game but watching a master take 70 seconds to hit a putt under 10 feet sends me over the edge.  I guess I'm too impatient but like to move quickly. 

Example:  played golf this morning.  Started on back nine with no one in front and shot 38.  Made the turn and played the next 3 holes +1 then ran into 2 elderly men that could barely walk.  Waited 5-10 minutes on every tee and fairway for a TWOSOME and we were a foursome!  +7 for the last 6 holes.  SLOW PLAY KILLS!  I didn't agree with Rory Sabbatini several years ago when he teed off on next hole while Ben Crane was still putting, but guys like Crane and Furyk are excruciating to watch.  I draw the same correlation to a master taking 50 seconds to hit a drive. 

RSS