Scheduled Downtime Tonight - 7/27

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:32 PM (81 replies)
  • nicknaron
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:50 PM

dorkfeatures:

Hey Nick,

Yeh - we'd all like that, no issues there,but ya gotta be reasonable. It takes a lot of time, money and 6 months of work to put a new course together. They will be coming alright - guaranteed. Patience my friend.

Cheers

Doug 

Ok I understand your point there, but that wasnt really what I was aiming the comment at... that was just a side note pointing out that instead of adding new ways to throw ads in our faces to buy new clubs and features that will in turn only cause more issues on top of the already current issues (ie: the current Match play problem that seems to have occurred) they could be working on improving the simulator and server issues and try to come to a final stable product... that then could have new features added. It seems to me like they tweak a little here and there and then throw in new clubs and site designs and small features that in no way effect the main sim itself and only provide smoke screen for the issues at hand which then causes more issues.

I know there's alot of people who have spent more money here than me but I have spent somewhere in the vicinity of $50US overall on the game. I'm sure some people have spent well over $100US hoping that our money was going to helping pay for a more stable product... Most games on the market today cost around $50-$70US and you get a final product with vast features that even sometimes have free updates available. 

And I know alot of you won't even take the time to read this and disregard to it's length, but I just like to see something I'm paying to help develop actually move in a forward direction.. not a lateral one.

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:32 PM

Just one thing!  THIS GAME IS BROKEN! :( NEED I SAY MORE?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:55 PM

YankeeJim:
    The cameras weren't put back. Reverse greens views are still gone at SA-don't know about the others.

I'm seeing reverse view greens, Jim.  Which holes are you not seeing them on and did your clear your caches?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:45 PM

The Road Hole for sure and yes on the Flash cache but not the browser. If you say they're there then I'll clear the browser too. Tx.

*edit*  this is the 17th hole after clearing both caches...........

No reverse views.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:56 PM

Still keep your eye out, Jim.  I've only had time to get through about half of the holes so far today on each nine.  It may be possible that one or two are still absent.  If you find any, please let me know.

• chadkev1982
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:37 PM

Hi i'm new today, played a matchplay and won, but I cant seem to join a tournament. Or open country clubs. Any ideas?

• jillpot
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:54 PM

this new way sux

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:38 PM

Couple of minor things. 

1. The "boomp" reminder for your turn in Match Play goes off with every new shot by both players. Quite annoying.

2. This might be good. When the opp disses by xing out of the game you are taken to the new game screen, not the 5 minute jail.

*edit*  Came and posted this and returned to game browser and saw that I won the match because the opp didn't come back. So I didn't see the jail, was able to browse the game menu after the quit, came here to post and on return saw what you would see after doing the 5 minutes, even though I never saw the jail bars. 

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:12 PM

nicknaron:
    I'm sure some people have spent well over $100US hoping that our money was going to helping pay for a more stable product..

I am one of them   but  what  I wanted out of my  money was  better equipment, better balls ,  more fun    was satisified with the game play   knowing that it would get  better.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:18 PM

YJ's correct WGTniv, there is at least one camera missing on SA #17.  There was one about 2/3 of the way down the fairway looking towards the tee.  Not there still.  I see the same cameras YJ does.

RSS