Forums

Help › Forums

Scheduled Downtime Tonight - 7/27

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:32 PM (81 replies)
  • nicknaron
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:26 AM

I dont like the 30 second timer.. too quick... why skip 60 and go straight to 30? As far as the interface goes.. doesnt help with anything except just adding a few more things to load up and popping ads in your face everytime. The new pin locations are a nice change, and a couple of new clubs are ok, nothing big there though, in all its really just alot of glamour and not really alot of needed change. 

Enough with aesthetic and small changes, let's see some server improvement, better shot-shaping technique, and some new stroke play courses. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:39 AM

The game lobby has just entered the 21st Century.Looks great,Very professional.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:54 AM

Hey Nick,

Yeh - we'd all like that, no issues there,but ya gotta be reasonable. It takes a lot of time, money and 6 months of work to put a new course together. They will be coming alright - guaranteed. Patience my friend.

Cheers

Doug 

• sweet23
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:23 AM

I was surprised when i played right after your downtime. I'm a pro but I am now teeing off where masters usually tee off.

I just purchased a rapture driver but now I need another upgrade.

BOOHOO!

• gladsome
    446 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:02 AM

Nice ..... but where is the point : options   ????

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:18 AM

Yeah i agree it looks very nice :(  and again no new pin placement for kiawah :( more clubs :( It may look nice but the question now is  will it work or is it gonna cause more  problems !  it seems like evrytime they  all they  do is add  MORE CLUBS MORE AVATARS & OTHER UNNECESSARY THINGS! OF COURSE MORE $$ FOR WGT BUT WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET TO FIXIN THE BUGS! DAAAAAAAAAMN !

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:58 AM

Very nice interface WGT. The game is coming right along.

It looks like the Pro tier scores are going even lower with the new Pro driver. That means more Masters quicker. Also, the Master tier gets a new Redwood putter, I imagine we'll see the lowest round yet with this new putter. It does only have a half dot more on the precision and balance then the Daytona putter, but that could be the difference.

I would have liked to have seen the game menu remain in the lower part of the main menu. I had a hard time finding it in it's only location which is in the drop down menu at the top left of the screen.

I like the new ball feature that let's us know how many golf balls are remaining in our golf bag.

When I click a club in "My Equipment", it defaults to our driver. It would be nice if we could see the clicked club or ball first. For instance, if I click the putter, it should go to the putter and not default to the driver.

I'm pleased with the games upgrade, and like I stated in an earlier post, this is one step closer to the game coming out of BETA. Keep the updates coming WGT.

• bryant1
    62 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 8:09 AM

The new game page is a pain in the ass. Also, while i'm a fast player and 30 seconds sounded good it wound up being too short for the other players and sometimes myself. 45 seconds would be more than enough while allowing enough time for the tougher shots. Players kept disconnecting after their time ran out and the whole game would drop.

• nearlyfreddie
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 8:15 AM

Amen, Nick...  calling more graphic intense bells and whistles in the game set-up window is hardly improvement.  Symbolism over substance, jeeez.....

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 8:27 AM

The new GUI looks nice but will take time to relearn the "click pattern" to set stuff up.

A couple things I noticed right off the bat:

• The Oakmont game shell under My Settings has the old "Game Options" choice. While the player Menu has the new "Game Settings".  They both go to the same place. No big deal but the names should be the same, no?
    • Thank You for the method of adjusting the damn music volume by rolling the mouse over the speaker in the lower right corner of the game window.  But it doesn't work consistently in conjunction with the volume control in the Game Settings. And it affects the club volume.  Someone needs to explain how this unannounced feature works please.
    • Disappointed we lost the back 9 CTTH on St. Andrews
    • Disappointed we lost both CTTHs on Oakmont
    • Would like to see 60 sec and 120 sec options on the multi-player timer options. We use Skype in our CC and have a good time yakking away and lose sight of the 90 sec time, so an extra 30 would be appreciated.  Heck, we could use a no timer option to take a break and get coffee.  We often are in no hurry to finish.
RSS