Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:15 PM

Games4Ever71:

The reason I don't play with credits is because it takes time to earn credits, and since I don't get many credits to earn, then I don't have the credits to play. Simple as that, since I have very low income. Since, the limit of earn credits now has gone very low, and you have to spend hours to get a lot, and take time off your playing of the game in the first place.

That goes for the RG's and MP Challenge. I guess I will never get use Cabo course, because of it.

Why do you always mention, in near every post, that you cannot afford this, or that, etc?

I'd really like to know why you feel you need to bring up your credits shortcomings.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:56 PM

WGT, have you given any thought to my suggestion to open up the higher and better equipment to the new legends.?

If not why not?

I'm sure you are not completely happy with the fact that players are starting over in droves here, and once that begins to fade as a waste of time and credits, so to will WGT fade into the background as players find something else to do.

IMHO sooner you do this the better.

MPC is a ghost town, the lower tiered RG's are rampant with new accounts as is Blitz and skins challenge, the lower tiered monthly's and weekly are a freaking joke with 2 day old accounts shooting 50's.

I get it, you may of hoped the newly promoted players would stick it out and burn their balls till they moved up and bought more and better equipment all along the way, but that is a severe miscalculation.

Why would they wait and spend oodles of credits, when they can make credits now starting over with a much smaller investment.

If you open up the equipment, they can buy the better equipment now and play the MPC and RG's etc now with no waiting to become competitive making the game better for everyone. 

And why do I even care, MPC is and was my favorite format, it's a freaking ghost town now. I want to play please and more than 1 or 2 a day after hours of waiting.

Just do it.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:42 AM

One of the negative sides to the new sandbagging policy is that there are people out there that just want to be a Legend so badly that they are activley seeking out Legend to beat in regular free match play so they will get bumped up to Legend.  We have one that went from Master to Legend in 9 days by playing 5 different legends in match play.  In that 9 days he played only 20 ranked rounds and avarages 66.7 in those 20 rounds..  Granted, he will have to pay the piper now that he is on the tips, but it is a direct slap in the face to all those that worked their A$$ off to get to Legend Tier.

just sayin

• TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:02 AM

I agree totally with Phiber. Being a legend means nothing anymore. So many are getting there by beating the system. I just hope that that gimmick will not work for getting to tour legend.

• Phlos
    48 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:08 AM

TheDuckinator:
    Being a legend means nothing anymore

Being legend give you only handicap:
    You are  far.
    you are playing with the same equipment as ev1
    You create a group for skins challenge, you can t find 4 players ev1 decline your game because you are a legend.
    You want to join a group you are removing by the hoster.
    When you find a game you will playing with lower tiers who got often the time the same equipment, or better(i was legend at lvl 70) then you got to much more handicap.
    You willl playing with players who got more exp than you but who are oing the best to stay at easy tee.
    I think it s a mistake to be legend in this game, and more to be a tour legend.

To get more legend players and kill the sandbagger, wgt need to create awesome equipments avable for legend+ only. that is the only way.

Master players decline games with legend players...
    i can t understand  that, they will decline a game with legend player, and find a group with maybe master only but how many sandbagger they will find there? they prefere playing with ex legend who are playing at easy tee, than a true legend playing from  the back tee. LOGIC !

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:28 AM

phiber:
    We have one that went from Master to Legend in 9 days by playing 5 different legends in match play.

If someone beats 5 different Legends in match play the they SHOULD be moved up. That's the whole point of the system isn't it?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:44 AM

Steve2golf:

What does it matter to WGT if they buy the sticks today or 2 months from now, it doesn't, it only matters and always has only mattered to the high level players that want to have the advantage every time they step on the tee.

Steve I haven't studied the levels and clubs relevant to them closely enough to speak with total authority but isn't the whole basis of WGT's strategy to make it the case that a player is likely to buy 3 full sets of clubs on his path from hack to legend?

For someone who tries out the game and decides they are going to invest in it and hopefully become a legend or higher, they will buy starter upgrades then further upgrades around levels 50-60. Finally they will buy the best clubs once up at level 90+. That's a fair amount of money invested and I cannot see WGT going back to the scenario where you can buy one set and they'll serve you well irrespective of the tees you hit from.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:59 AM

Steve442:

phiber:
    We have one that went from Master to Legend in 9 days by playing 5 different legends in match play.

If someone beats 5 different Legends in match play the they SHOULD be moved up. That's the whole point of the system isn't it?

If in fact they really beat them, yes I think they should be.  I have documentation where several players have played "friends" that were legends and moved up to Legend tier just to get the title of Legend.  I think in credit play, they absolutely should be, that is where the crust of the sandbaggers existed (exists).  I just don't htink players that play for free should be included in that .  What is happening is that players all across the spectrum of WGT are starting to become legends through this practice.  It's only going to hur those that do itthough because most of them are not ready for that level of skills.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:42 PM

tiffer67:
    Steve I haven't studied the levels and clubs relevant to them closely enough to speak with total authority but isn't the whole basis of WGT's strategy to make it the case that a player is likely to buy 3 full sets of clubs on his path from hack to legend?

Actually not. I've compared the club stats in the pro shop when I started thinking about investing money in this game and found out I'd be pretty foolish to spend any cash on any club stes before G20s, so I played with starters until L59 and then bought G20s (just before I became a master). Those lasted me (with the driver upgrade on L81) well into my legend days and the only reason why I bought the R11s is the fact they were available and I had more than enough credits. I could live without them with not much grief.

This current system should infact be worse for WGT, cause it allows (in theory and with a lot of patience) for anyone to gather enough XP points to get any clubs they want without tiering up. So the L90 R11s could potentially be the first set you ever buy and you're still a hack. 

But, if clubs were locked with a level + tier combo, then you'd be forced (unless you are a superstar in the making) to buy at least 2, more likely 3 club sets, to ever get anywhere.

Imagine if you needed to be a master to get G20s. Most couldn't get there with starters, so they'd be forced to buy something. And when they'd reach master tier, that set that got them there would no longer be enough to score well (for most), so they'd be basically forced to buy another set (G20s, etc).

So (in theory), making clubs tier + level based (so the level boosts and drinks don't lose their appeal) should be better business for them. But since a lot of people don't think before they buy (I'm describing this the most PC I can), this is obviously not the case.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2013 5:23 PM

PUHOLINO:

But since a lot of people don't think before they buy (I'm describing this the most PC I can), this is obviously not the case.

Most don't have the patience you clearly have, nor do they research or rent as much as they could prior to buying.

Thankfully I never had to face the dilemma but I have to confess to buying a whole load of irons over the years. Raptures x3, G10s x3, i15s x2, Tour Preferred x1, Burners x1 and R11s. Had I not had the credit bank I am sure I wouldn't have been so profligate lol.

RSS