Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 12:03 AM

Choppography:
    t doesn't take a 90 to keep your avg above a 61.  Once you hit your 50th round, that 90+ goes bye bye and your avg tumbles anyway.  Once each one gets replaced, your avg settles out where it should.  Shooting a 72 for 18 holes would have accomplished the same thing.

I know this and the last bad round I shot didn't work anyway. But is being dropped from 62.5 to 61.15 after a 34 and then from 61.15 to 60.14 after a 63 right also. My average was falling like a lead balloon after average rounds and I could see Legend coming way too soon for my equipment.

Choppography:
    I will also say that the analogy of cavity backs vs top irons on the tour is beyond ridiculous.  I played my best golf (at a high level) with old 845's and TopFlite XL2000 balls.  I was on staff at TaylorMade and received a set of Tour Blades....the kind Mark O'Meara used to play.....and couldn't hit that dime of a sweet spot for nothing.  I couldn't control the spin of a Titleist Tour Prestige, either.  I had to go back to my forged irons and Top Rocks to regain my game.  Granted, I wasn't playing Oly with Furyk.  But, Furyk would kick my butt with wooden shafts and a gutta percha everyday and for 36 on Sunday.

Maybe so but you chose to use those clubs because you couldn't use the the better clubs. Imagine someone being told they have to take on Tiger and Rory with crap gear for another year before they are allowed better equipment, or they can buy these nice little drinks and line the bosses pockets for a while, and then they can have the nice shiny clubs.

If I can't use the clubs and go back to the ones I have then It will be like your situation, but until then I am forced to use the crap ones without choice.

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 12:15 AM

upinsmoketour:
    For to long on this site the SANDBAGGERS have had it far to easy sitting on the baby tee's beating the crap out everyone in matchplay

Not once have I done that.

• Greg123245
    28 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:34 AM

Here's my problem.

I am a retired older fellow, who plays only match, blitz, and alternate rounds (not tournaments, challenges, or stroke play), in which your own rules states will not affect my average. And now you are stating that there are a new set of rules and that they are being withheld from the members, because a few people have gotten upset over being beaten by someone from a lower tier.

I don’t mean to complain, but that sounds very unfair and even very odd to say the least. I have spent a lot of money participating in WGT wonderful games and I will continue to do, until your arbitrary rule changes drive me away.

As a "Master," I find it very unfair that when I play a Tour Master, they have a tremendous advantage over me, since we are playing on their greens (tournament speed), an issue that wgt has continued to ignore. And when I do beat them, this usually occurs when they are having a bad day with their unpredictable meter, another issue Wgt has continued to ignore.

I am not sandbagger. But, when I do play a lousy round, my average never decreases, which creates the illusion that I am a better player than I actually am, which is also very unfair.

So basically what you are stating is that in order to keep my average at a reasonable range within range of my true abilities, I shouldn’t play Tour Masters and Legends any longer.

• Greg123245
    28 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:05 AM

You are right Cat, we cant have tour pros or masters beating us, it just isnt far.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:03 AM

Here some nice ideas that might help a bit on this thread :

Bottom line :  With this line of products we would become a whole new community of sandbaggers wouldn't we ?  ... lol ... cheers !

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:10 AM

I'll take three sleeves.......then, I'll move up.  ;)

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:25 AM

Choppography:

I'll take three sleeves.......then, I'll move up.  ;)

Basically, from the sandbagging-philosophy's point of view, you don't have to bother by "moving up" Choppography ... that's where the beauty lies ;) ... lol

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:31 PM

I love it an excellent idea wgt now maybe my average will go down lol i shot a -7 and average went from 67.27 to 67.24 a -7 lol.Could you make the wind play what is shows again or better yet reverse that 5/1/12 update it is still killing me lol

Weylon

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:26 PM

tramilleo:

I love it an excellent idea wgt now maybe my average will go down lol i shot a -7 and average went from 67.27 to 67.24 a -7 lol.Could you make the wind play what is shows again or better yet reverse that 5/1/12 update it is still killing me lol

Weylon

Just go beat a player in a higher tier and you'll drop that avg by more than a full stroke.  If you want to tier up, that's where your focus should be.....not on measly ranked rounds.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:01 PM

not trying to tier up lol just made legend on 4/12/12 and still relearning greens after that 5/1/12 update. My point is for those who mainly play ranked stroke rounds,average falling by so little is absurd when average is falling faster in other game modes,i occasionally play matchplay and never for creds lol and my record against legends is abysmal at best,have yet to face a Tour Legend in matchplay but my putter would make sure that i snatched defeat from the jaws of victory lol.Just saying love the idea wgt but even it out. Some players (rightfully so) are dropping average like the plague and others it is stuck like frozen molasses lol

Weylon

RSS