Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:57 PM

I've done this post as my reply to srellim is pending and there have been other posts since that one.

Firstly I have never shot a 56, my best 9 is a 28 and my best 18 is a 60.

I admit I have picked up the game pretty well since starting to play in earnest these last few months and put some good scores in. And as I explain In my pending post, I did the bad rounds on purpose trying to fend off being forced to Legend too early. I play a lot of rounds in my CC and RG's and do not try and avoid ranked rounds.

If you guys who have inspected my stats look closer, I have never played anyone for credits except skins against players I already know who invite me to play. I have only played the RG's and , yes, I have done OK.

I do not, and have not, preyed on other unsuspecting players for their credits, unless they have already invested them in RG's.

For gods sake guys look at my level, there are hacks out there way higher than me!!

I just don't understand how shooting a 63 can drop my AVG below 61.

And to quote srellim234

srellim234:
    A lot of those who have been preying on others are probably not even complaining, opting instead  to remain under the radar.

Why would I post in here knowing full well someone is gonna check me out?

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:35 PM

unclenewy:

I'm L63 for christs sake!!

How the hell am I going to compete with L59 clubs at best?!

I turned Legend at level 71. I had the level 59 clubs you had, and did fine. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:53 PM

TaterNater:

^^^^^^ system at work finally 

True, but how many innocents got stung to get this guy ? ...Andy

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:03 PM

easternguy:

CerinoDevoti:
    Your taking a 90 on the front side of St A yesterday was interesting. ;-)

Not nearly as interesting as the 155 he carded last week...right after a 56 on St A !

Who's the buffoon?

Looks like they got this one right.

lololol

if it's any consolation...you can still shoot 90's on the front 9 of andies etc.

• 1gordgekko1
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:27 PM

I am the wolf creek ninja but that is a fact stay away if you cant compete thanks! im happy not moving up any tiers

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:08 PM

unclenewy:
    I do not, and have not, preyed on other unsuspecting players for their credits, unless they have already invested them in RG's.

That may well be true but you are obviously ready for your new tier...Andy

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 9:56 PM

It doesn't take a 90 to keep your avg above a 61.  Once you hit your 50th round, that 90+ goes bye bye and your avg tumbles anyway.  Once each one gets replaced, your avg settles out where it should.  Shooting a 72 for 18 holes would have accomplished the same thing.

Either way, if he says he never preyed upon credits from people, fine with me.  I'm not going to get caught up in that.

I just still think WGT is pushing a lot of innocents up the tiers with reckless abandon right now.

I will also say that the analogy of cavity backs vs top irons on the tour is beyond ridiculous.  I played my best golf (at a high level) with old 845's and TopFlite XL2000 balls.  I was on staff at TaylorMade and received a set of Tour Blades....the kind Mark O'Meara used to play.....and couldn't hit that dime of a sweet spot for nothing.  I couldn't control the spin of a Titleist Tour Prestige, either.  I had to go back to my forged irons and Top Rocks to regain my game.  Granted, I wasn't playing Oly with Furyk.  But, Furyk would kick my butt with wooden shafts and a gutta percha everyday and for 36 on Sunday.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:37 PM

Well this might upset a few people but WELL DONE WGT with this move ! For to long on this site the SANDBAGGERS have had it far to easy sitting on the baby tee's beating the crap out everyone in matchplay & as far as i played a few bad rounds so i don,t move up tier get a fkn grip that,s the problem were trying to get rid of ! Playing crap & meaning to no matter the excuse is wrong full stop ! Nobody likes teeing off 50yrd back every hole ain,t my cup of tee & im pretty sure many other people feel the same ! But guess what ? If you play at a certain level....... TOUGH LUCK ! You are exactly were we should be ! I can see all the SANDBAGGERS Moaning & bitching in the forums already & that my friends makes me a  1 happy player !   smokie.  ;)

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 11:47 PM

Greyyowl:
    grow a set and play your equal.

here's part of my 1st post

I wanna make Legend......BUT NOT YET......I'm not ready and my equipment certainly isn't.

If they're gonna start forcing players to Legend then they should unlock the pro shop completely once players are Legend.

I have no problem with being a Legend and taking on the top boys, but not with L59 clubs. Looking at how the leveling up progresses, it will take me another year before I get to L90 and the equipment to compete. So that's a year of what? Boredom and frustration or fill myself with XP boost like the real sandbaggers and fall into WGT's money trap......can't anyone see what they have done here?

Greyyowl:
    Which according to you, should, be a Legend.

I never said I should be a Legend, I said I could see it coming after my average dropped crazy after a standard round of 34. That's why I tried to knock it back up again so I could at least get to the burners and the top G20 driver before they teed me from the carpark.

RSS