Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging Change

Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:03 AM (162 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:26 PM

Who gives a flying f*ck..I'll beat anyone I choose to play..or not...grow up LADIES the tools are there !!...Andy

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:54 PM

Quijotazo:

would be a fantastic Xmas present to send all the tight a$$es playing this game :)

tbe

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:23 PM

I think the changes are good. I think there are very few, other than sandbaggers, who would disagree. It's also fairly obvious that there are a number of sandbaggers who are so dumb they won't admit to themselves that they're sandbaggers.

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 11:48 AM

It is getting crazy again... dropping 2 to 2.5 strokes when beating a higher tier in regular match play. 

• bopag
    78 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:19 AM

I played a legend this morning and my avg dropped by 3 full strokes. I went from a 68.87 to 65.87 in 1 MP game.

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 12:29 PM

my advice don't play match play, play stroke  play.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:02 PM

Richard4168:

The way I see it, this new method WGT has implemented will do more good for the game, then bad.

Translation I'm good as long as every time I step on the tee I have the advantage.

Bottom line, no one is allowed to level the playing field closer to the high level players, the high level players must always have all the advantages.

Move em up fine, but give them the fck'n equipment to play it. What does it matter to WGT if they buy the sticks today or 2 months from now, it doesn't, it only matters and always has only mattered to the high level players that want to have the advantage every time they step on the tee.

You will see what I say is correct, as the only cheerleaders, well vast majority, for this new system, is in fact High level players with the top sticks, and believe me, if you are lvl 70 standing on the same tee with me, you have NO CHANCE whatsoever and I will play you for whatever you want, wherever you want.

I want a fair fight, give them the sticks.

• LukasDad
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:16 PM

Steve2golf:

Bottom line, no one is allowed to level the playing field closer to the high level players, the high level players must always have all the advantages.

Move em up fine, but give them the fck'n equipment to play it. What does it matter to WGT if they buy the sticks today or 2 months from now, it doesn't, it only matters and always has only mattered to the high level players that want to have the advantage every time they step on the tee.

You will see what I say is correct, as the only cheerleaders, well vast majority, for this new system, is in fact High level players with the top sticks, and believe me, if you are lvl 70 standing on the same tee with me, you have NO CHANCE whatsoever and I will play you for whatever you want, wherever you want.

I want a fair fight, give them the sticks.

Bravo!! The most intelligent statement ever made in this thread.

I can tell you the only thing that this new system has done is made me quit the game. I haven't played in months except to try a couple rounds on that new CTTH course.

This was a completely calculated move by WGT. Not only has my avg, gone up 6 points since being made Master, they also made me Master 9 levels before I could by the most valued and efficient clubs. They were trying to make me buy clubs twice!!

Nice try WGT, but I'm not fallin' for it.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:19 PM

Having read numerous threads on sandbagging, and even starting one, I can understand the need for the 'new' system. I can also see that it obviously has some serious flaws.

So I've amended my idea: however to put it into more understandable language I will need the assistance of some 'real world' golfers

I remember watching the Ryder cup matches and the commentators, or at least the ones I listened to in the UK, were repeatedly saying that round would equate to a x over / under par. Therefore there must be some 'system' to turn a matchplay score into a stroke play score.  If that is the case couldn't WGT just use that system and turn all matchplay type scores into a strokeplay score and use this to alter your average?

Perhaps add a few conditions e.g. anyone forfeits before 5 holes have been played no effect for either player, game is void, forfeit on holes 6 - 9 above / below par score is taken and translated into a 9 hole score, forfeit on holes 10 - 14 above / below par score is translated and rounded down to a 9 hole score, forfeit after hole 14 above / below par acore is taken and equated to an 18 hole score.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 11:54 AM

The reason I don't play with credits is because it takes time to earn credits, and since I don't get many credits to earn, then I don't have the credits to play. Simple as that, since I have very low income. Since, the limit of earn credits now has gone very low, and you have to spend hours to get a lot, and take time off your playing of the game in the first place.

That goes for the RG's and MP Challenge. I guess I will never get use Cabo course, because of it.

RSS