Re: Levels.

Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM (69 replies)
  • Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:35 PM

cyl6:

In case anyone here had any ideas, I posted some thoughts on Levels here:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/21102.aspx?PageIndex=3

Some great points there.The fun has departed for me,mainly due to my connection dropping in Matchplay games all the time but also because of the ridiculously fast greens.All my chip and putt notes can be shredded now.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:42 PM

Around 10am-1pm PT we experienced an issue with our hosting company that affected multiplayer games and some dropped.  Sorry for the inconvenience, this has been fixed now.

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:44 PM

WGTadmin2:

Yes completing multiplayer rounds will earn you far more experience points then quitting mid round.

Also thanks for your feedback.  We are looking into the situation where a player was bumped into a higher tier in the release and had no chance to buy the equipment.

We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us, your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

Add me to the list of people concerned about the locked equip. Better equipment is an important part of advancing ones skill.  Why deny people the chance?  Playing more with lesser equipment  will drive people away in frustration. 

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:46 PM

I think YankeeJim is right, WGT has unrolled the changes, and will be making the appropraite fixes soon. [i sure hope so] i would love to see this news release:

Dear Golfing Community,

We at WGT have been working day and night to fix the things we broke with the last fix in order to update these problems before the weekend. All Tiers will now be able to access all equipment in the Pro Shop for their specific Tier. There have been slight modifications to the Levels calculation, but the principle remains the same. In addition, we have given all Tiers the ability to play on 1 of 4 greens speeds. We will continue to work diligently to improve the play for everyone here.

We apologize profusely for any inconvenience/confusion we have caused our players in the recent past and we thank you for your patience. Stay tuned for fantastic enhancements  in the next 2-3 weeks....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:09 PM

Here's a link to CY16's other post, check it out!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:17 PM

cyl6:
    In case anyone here had any ideas, I posted some thoughts on Levels here:

Gee cyl6, was that after you read this?

http://wgt.com/forums/t/21057.aspx

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:54 PM

Babaloo1:

could not agree more Blackbeard! I am now getting bounced out of the server during games. The updates may have been needed but fix the damn basic game first

I like that post. I often avoid playing multiplayer games against friends because of this. It's annoying for all concerned when you are 5/10 holes in and really enjoying yourself and the server throws you out.

Just fix these please.

As for the changes. Well there was some consultation on here. At the time I didn't like the sound of it. A large number of posters said they didn't like the proposals.

Problem is some regular posters shouted them down rather aggressively, and the big mouths won out.

I have avoided the site tournos like a plague anyway, so will keep playing with my little group of mates. I am sorely in need of a wedge, and hoping to make tour master to earn some free credits. I have spent a fair sum on this site, so don't fancy putting any more on the credit card.

FWIW, I think the good balls are and have always been too expensive. Especially when a lose shot steals one in a little stream of water etc..

Peter

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:42 AM

WGTadmin2:

We are looking into the situation where a player was bumped into a higher tier in the release and had no chance to buy the equipment.

We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us, your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

It's not just those who were bumped up. Those progressing from now on will encounter the same problem.

The tiers and levels by themselves are not the problem: It's the ridiculous arbitrary and astronimical level restrictions in the pro shop. That is all that needs changing. Make sure the low levels have access to decent clubs for all tiers.

It's entirely possible that someone will join, play really well and quickly get promoted to Master tier.

• High tier + low level = totally screwed.
    • High level + low tier = unfair advantage.

Only because of the pro shop restrictions.

How hard is it for you to understand that WGT? How much 'data' must you collect to realise such an obvious thing?

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:00 AM

WGTadmin:
    A large discrepancy between Tier and Level will partially serve as a means to identify those who quit games frequently.

Not necessarily. Some people just aren't that good (slow reaction to the meter, poor course management and rush their shots, maybe they just hit the ball for fun and don't care about being good at it).

I assume you mean this is for our benefit: So we can identify quitters. I hope you haven't done all this so you can spot quitters WGT: You should have that information already.

If you wanted us to know then don't provide us with a very unreliable formula (level/tier): just record and display the statistics of finished rounds/unfinished rounds.

Please stop trying to justify your ball-selling-scheme in these ways. They just don't hold water.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM

VilaRestal:

WGTadmin:
    A large discrepancy between Tier and Level will partially serve as a means to identify those who quit games frequently.

Not necessarily. Some people just aren't that good (slow reaction to the meter, poor course management and rush their shots, maybe they just hit the ball for fun and don't care about being good at it).

I assume you mean this is for our benefit: So we can identify quitters. I hope you haven't done all this so you can spot quitters WGT: You should have that information already.

If you wanted us to know then don't provide us with a very unreliable formula (level/tier): just record and display the statistics of finished rounds/unfinished rounds.

Please stop trying to justify your ball-selling-scheme in these ways. They just don't hold water.

No, YOU stop being so logical. +1 (again). Outstanding posts.

RSS