Forums

Help › Forums

Levels.

Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM (69 replies)
  • anthm12
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:15 AM

Was a nice game until some dumb A$$ came up with the level idea. WTF. STUPID STUPID STUPID. What a way to lose customers  I know I'm out now!!

• Feendish
    159 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:27 AM

cya

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:37 AM

BogadoCesar:
    WGT Tiers are based on your scores

Notice they didn't say average. As to what "scores" means your guess is as good as mine.

LOL-Could this be one of those situations where they can't dazzle us with brilliance so they baffle us with the you-know-what?  :-D

• tierany
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:38 AM

Just started playing Monday.  By last night, my ave. was 75.5, and I had made it to the pro level.  Pretty cool.  THEN I find out that I don’t “qualify” to upgrade clubs to be able to play at that level.  The best driver I can get only goes five yards further than the one in the starter set, but I’m playing from more difficult tees.

A friend went from pro to master during the night on wednesday.  She wanted to upgrade to be able to play from the back tees, and figured this was WGT’s little trick all along: make people masters and force them to buy better gear. What she found out was that SHE doesn’t “qualify” to upgrade.  She wouldn’t even be able to buy the same clubs she already has.

The WGT nerd-boys have outdone themselves, and I hope they pay the ultimate price for being so totally thoughtless.  I, for one, will find a more productive way to spend my free time……    

• BHEART1
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:59 AM

never thought about that angle.....but you're right.  they got some 'splainin' to do, and some revisions to make.  they'd better do it quickly........

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:25 AM

I'm not even going to read the posts prior to this.  I was set at a Legend tier with a 65+ avg, ok, I can live with that.  Got set at a level 30, as did the other legends.  I just played most of a day, at least 12 plus ranked rounds of some sort.  Got the dinger bell and advanced to level 31, yeh!  Took a look at the locked items I can not buy, did some quick calculations... figured I would need some 672+ ranked rounds to get to a level where I can buy a new driver, to be competetive from the legend tees.  OOPS, I haven't achieved that many ranked rounds in 22 months of play on WGT.  I play more than the average bear.  Is it just me, cause I'm a moron, or is there something wrong with this picture?

• jkr700
    165 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:44 AM

They do, the larger points are awarded when the round is completed.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:52 AM

Wanted to take a minute to stress a couple of points that have come up here and in other threads. 

Changes made relating to new Tiers, and the introduction of Levels, will help to provide more information on an individual's patterns of behavior. This will contribute to the process of deciding who to play with.  A large discrepancy between Tier and Level will partially serve as a means to identify those who quit games frequently.

Changes made in this recent upgrade are NOT meant to address Sandbagging.  We will be very specifically working to mitigate the Sandbagging issue in a future releease.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:53 AM

Yes completing multiplayer rounds will earn you far more experience points then quitting mid round.

Also thanks for your feedback.  We are looking into the situation where a player was bumped into a higher tier in the release and had no chance to buy the equipment.

We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us, your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

• cjpoco
    3 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:57 AM

No, you are not a moron, you are right on.  The new tiers are probably just fine but the whole level thing in my opinion is really just a money grab.  My buddy and i play at the Pro level (now Tour Pro).  We would never play 12 rounds a day, more likely 3 or 4 a week against each other which we have really enjoyed.  We have been set at level 20.  Your math is probably close enough.  We would have to play for around 5 years before we could buy any new clubs even if we made it to the master level at some point which now doesn't seem to have any relevance on equipment.  Haven't done the math on the number of balls that would have to be bought to get to a level where new clubs could be bought but would probably be very high.  Interesting that all balls can be bought by pretty much any Tier or level.

RSS