Forums

Help › Forums

Levels.

Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM (69 replies)
  • mickcharvill
    1,281 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:18 AM

cjpoco:

No, you are not a moron, you are right on.  The new tiers are probably just fine but the whole level thing in my opinion is really just a money grab.  My buddy and i play at the Pro level (now Tour Pro).  We would never play 12 rounds a day, more likely 3 or 4 a week against each other which we have really enjoyed.  We have been set at level 20.  Your math is probably close enough.  We would have to play for around 5 years before we could buy any new clubs even if we made it to the master level at some point which now doesn't seem to have any relevance on equipment.  Haven't done the math on the number of balls that would have to be bought to get to a level where new clubs could be bought but would probably be very high.  Interesting that all balls can be bought by pretty much any Tier or level.

Exactly right i am a master level with a scoring average of 68.95  and a level of 30 looking at the pro shop i see that i would need to double my level to even buy the clubs i have now i just fel so sorry for the guys close to achieving master status who for some time will have to play from master tees with pro equipment not exactly a level playing field to my mind.Also you went into detail how a person could earn level points how about letting us know what scoring averages need to be achieve to progress up the tiers

• MDOCTOR
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:31 AM

Maybe high levels and high averages will be an indicator of who your playing and will probally help with Quiters and Sandbaggers in the long run. However, since the change my average is study rising along with the my level meter because I was bumped to Master from Pro but still have to use Pro level clubs. I now appear to not be very good at all. I'm wondering how is this is a good indicator of how I play. On some holes I cant even reach the fairways. Certain Par 5s are deffinite Par 6s for me now and on lots of Par 4s my second shot seems to be a 3 Wood or 3 Iron. Even most Par 3s are all long irons now.  Its hardly possible to Par out this way let alone Birdie, and I have a good set of Pro Clubs. I feel sorry for the Pros who became Masters and didnt have good Pro equipment. You cant play this game from the Masters Tees with a 225yd Driver no matter how good you are. I dont mind moving back, but Tiger and Phill would not play the PGA Tour with the same clubs they used in high school so why are we now 20 to 30yds back using are old equipment. Its does not make any since. Hell, in the WGT Pro Shop, as a Master, I dont even quallify to purchase the Pro level clubs I already own.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:39 AM

WGTadmin2:

Yes completing multiplayer rounds will earn you far more experience points then quitting mid round.

Also thanks for your feedback.  We are looking into the situation where a player was bumped into a higher tier in the release and had no chance to buy the equipment.

We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us, your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

Don't you think that it would have been better to limit the rise in tiers to just one? The lower scoring pros have been the hardest hit. After all players will find there own level soon enough.

• BHEART1
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:04 AM

To WGTadmin2:   why didn’t you guys think all of this thru a little better?  Wait til the weekend gets here and more people find out about this. You’re gonna be stuck with an insurrection 

I am not ALLOWED to buy clubs to compete from the masters tees.  Because of your genius, some people I play with will no longer play with me.  Some people I play with I will no longer be able to play with.  I’m not gonna give up 25 yards off the tee because I’m not ALLOWED to buy better clubs……….nice friggin’ going.

I think this was a money monging scheme of the first order…….keep people playing and buying MORE BALLS to play MORE GAMES in order to advance.

I’m gonna hope to find another site soon……..this is beyond bogus   

• rotsey
    42 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:12 AM

As a pro I enjoyed playing the masters, and trying to get to their level. Now that I am master, and my master friends have gone to legend, the game is crap.Now pro's beat all levels. No one can play the game with 150 yard on shots. A z wedge is now useless to a master. I bought 3, and now have never been close enough to a green after a drive to use one. Yet as a master I'm not allowed to buy a master driver...Oh yeah, that's fair. The wgt is full of fools. out of 100 friends, 16 have quit the site in 24 hours time..Atta boy wgt....Yer losing money now I bet....

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:31 AM

just so every1 no's..every 1 got screwed ..even legends ..with the new green speeds i switched to spin balls and need to get a new wedge to adjust..countless hours spent,over 2600 ranked rounds and nope,i cant buy a new wedge..

• gocubs1238
    206 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:44 AM

This level stuff is absolutely retarted. I like how the driver I have now I cant buy today. I'm surprised there not going through everybody's equipment and taking away equipment they aren't allowed to have anymore HAHAHA. WGT YOU ARE IDIOTS!

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:46 AM

All in all, this is probably the one update that WGT needed, if only to see how angry and frustrated their PAYING customers feel. 

May it be a salutory lesson for them to provide us with more notice of their intentions, thoroughly check the game before new versions are released (yesterday's lag was not even the joke category) and realise that we are always able to spend our leisure time and money on other activities.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:51 AM

these tier changes are BULL ****, I for 1 am just about done with this site, this is a GAME and i thought games are to be FUN.... HA HA HA. WGT i hope u lose 75% of your players. if u let all the cheaters stay and win all the money, and these bogus avg's then good luck with your site.

one VERY upset player

WYLBILL

• Babaloo1
    36 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:17 PM

could not agree more Blackbeard! I am now getting bounced out of the server during games. The updates may have been needed but fix the damn basic game first

RSS