Forums

Help › Forums

Levels.

Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM (69 replies)
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:00 AM

YankeeJim:
    A high average with a high Level rating could be an indication of something not being right. 

Hit the nail on the head Jim.  You see a pro with a 87+ level rating, something is not right.   The player plays a lot, but has not progressed.   In my eyes a huge red flag.

Cheers

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:31 AM

b0geybuster:
    The player plays a lot, but has not progressed.   In my eyes a huge red flag.

How can he progress if  he/she doesn't have the "level" to obtain the clubs neccessary to progress? Of course its going to take a long time.  It will take all a long time  to get to the ridiculous levels set. A pro starting at level 20  needs at least  300 games  to get to a level to be able to even purchase the bare minimum club to have a realistic chance of improvement   

Don't be too hasty to jump on innocent players that were forced into something that is beyond their control or capabilities using equipment not designed for their current tier status.  Let's hope  your hammering of nails  is a little more considered !

• RMRamler
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:32 AM

This sucks

• BogadoCesar
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:41 AM

YankeeJim:

BogadoCesar:
    Tiers are still based on average, not in levels.

I'm not so sure about that. There are Legends with 70 averages. I think (hope) WGT is moving away from the average emphasis.

I also hope you are right Jim. However, that is not what WGT is saying. From the News on Home Page:

WGT Tiers are based on your scores
    WGT Levels are new and are based on completing rounds and interacting with other players

I never saw any indication the your level will influence your tier.

• BHEART1
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:26 AM

Yesterday, I woke up to find out I had attained masters status.  I was soon to find out that I’d be playing from the back tees.  When trying to upgrade clubs accordingly, I found that I couldn’t do so.  In fact, I don’t even “qualify” to buy clubs I already have in my bag.

Who are the masterminds of this madness?  Initially, I thought it was WGT’s little trick to upgrade people to master level so that they’d have to upgrade equipment.  Instead, the way things are set up, it DETERS people from doing so.  Also, why is a person’s level status dependent upon how many times a person plays in a group?  A score is a score.

Also…….why were none of these changes openly publicized?  Every other time I log on, I get a pop-up about one thing or another. Why not do so for these changes?  I don’t come here to read the forums and news sheets.

The masterminds have outdone themselves.  Once the weekend gets here and more people find out what has happened, it could cause a mass exodus from WGT.

• skyman131313
    12 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:35 AM

YES...same here, past masters had R9 driver, i was uped to master from pro and CAN NOT BUY  the R9 for more more distance. I am hitting off the same tee as tour masters..WTF IS RIGHT....wgt  whats up

• greensgolf
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:49 AM

I totually AGREE with BHEART1, THIS stinks.

• skyman131313
    12 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:50 AM

to tell the truth..lost interest here......hope to find another game on the internet...really thinking of not playing anymore.

• JAYPTN
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:54 AM

Ditto!

• JAYPTN
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:06 AM

This is nothing but a blatant, backdoor way to make a player spend more money!  Now, instead of being able to purchase a better club(s) when your tier changes, you also have to hit a level threshold.  If you are below that threshold, you must play more, much more.  This means you must purchase many more balls (spend much more money with WGT) to "unlock" the club(s) you needed 300 games ago to compete.  I think they are also attempting to push a player to play more frequently to drive stats for ad revenue.   I'm betting the "masterminds" lose their A$$ on this one...I'm certainly looking for another game out there!

RSS