Forums

Help › Forums

presenting: WGT Hall of Fame......and all notable results & achievements

Sun, Aug 6 2023 11:17 AM (96 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 12:02 PM

Finally a course that will separate the super top legends from the average ones, "The Olympic"

In my opinion this the very first WGT course that will give anyone the best challenge with the most difficult & demanding conditions, by teeing off form Championship tees only the very best legend here will go under 58 or even 59. When the USA finals are played here at WGT, single matches will be the real way to see the difference among all legends.....then I think the Wall of Fame should be awarded.

Just my two cents......

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 10:58 AM

Congrats 2 RUNWME 4 a fabulous and historical 49 in the Sun Safe Classic, first ever sub 50 on WGT. Honorable Mention will follow.

Cheers, GC

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:32 PM

GoodyChamp:

Congrats 2 RUNWME 4 a fabulous and historical 49 in the Sun Safe Classic, first ever sub 50 on WGT. Honorable Mention will follow.

Cheers, GC

Thank you GC :D

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:59 PM

Great job GC. Quick suggestion - could the winner of the $400 SkyCaddy tourney be mentioned?

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 1:06 PM

RUNWME:

GoodyChamp:

Cheers, GC

Thank you GC :D

You're welcome Don, you thoroughly deserve it ;-)

Cheers, GC

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 1:08 PM

SgtDoodles:

Great job GC. Quick suggestion - could the winner of the $400 SkyCaddy tourney be mentioned?

Yep was already working on it till I realized WC Snooker final was in final session....priorities you know ;-)

Cheers, GC

Edit: done

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 4:06 AM

Since it aint possible 4 WGT 2 provide all kinds of stats I wanna try it in a different way.

2 kick-off I wanna add 'submitted' longest drive, putt and approachshot.

Here's how it works. When you've a replay of a drive over 430 yds, a putt over 250ft, or a holed approachshot over 250yds, please submit the replay and it will be registrated in the OP. It has 2 be in a ranked round and in your stats 2. Not sure about the final format but I'm thinking of a Top3 4 each category.

let's bring them in!

Cheers, GC

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 10:49 AM

GoodyChamp:

Since it aint possible 4 WGT 2 provide all kinds of stats I wanna try it in a different way.

2 kick-off I wanna add 'submitted' longest drive, putt and approachshot.

Here's how it works. When you've a replay of a drive over 430 yds, a putt over 250ft, or a holed approachshot over 250yds, please submit the replay and it will be registrated in the OP. It has 2 be in a ranked round and in your stats 2. Not sure about the final format but I'm thinking of a Top3 4 each category.

let's bring them in!

Cheers, GC

While this could be a good idea, I think it needs a bit of refining.

1. A bit fat asterisk on the title, seeing as it is very difficult if not impossible to find every single player who has done this.
    2. I would say have every drive over a certain yardage (I'm thinking 430?) on a list, every putt over 200ft, and every holed approach over 220 yards. 
    3. Since the lists could get very lengthy after a while, the standard to get on the list should be increased. However, GC, this would all intend on what size lists you want.
    Just my thoughts on a great list, which is still getting better :-)

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 11:56 AM

Sgt, 1st of all thx 4 the feedback and kind comment ;-D.

1) Think u're right 2 promote otherwise. Don't think players are already aware of this. Guess I start another thread, referring 2 the HOF, 2 stimulate players sending in their replays of LD, LP & LHAS - NB It has never been my intention 2 find/search every player who has done it, like you said it's (almost) impossible. 

2) Although there's lots of players with better scores (CarlosSainz has putted from 254ft, doesn't have replay anymore though, and there is several 250 yds+ holeouts), 200ft and 220 yds could  be ok and might stimulate submissions.

3) Like 2 start with top3 I guess, and depending on number of submissions, max will beTop 10.

Anddddd....keep your toughts coming ;-)

Cheers, GC

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 1:42 PM

GoodyChamp:

Anddddd....keep your toughts coming ;-)

Not sure what a tought is... but I'll give you more thoughts :-)

What about a top 10 monthly earnings archive. As late as possible on the final day of the month, someone (i.e. you GC :P) goes to the homepage and copies and pastes the top 10, or a screenshot of the same thing could be used. Like this:

1 97 Legend $864.47
    2 97 Legend $675.05
    3 102  Legend $665.89
    4 99 Legend $648.00
    5 96 Legend $643.62
    6 94 Legend $541.37
    7 112 Legend $531.51
    8 96 Legend  $526.76
    9 95 Legend $522.56
    10 99 Legend

$513.84

Except, it would be at the very end of the month.

RSS