Forums

Help › Forums

Master Drivers: G10 vs R9

Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:03 AM (59 replies)
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 2:23 PM

Faterson:
    It's rather terrifying that finishing the St. Andrews course is not even on that 30 to 60 days list and not even at the top of the Roadmap list

The UPR is just to give you a general idea of what to expect in the coming days.  The order of or placement amongst the roadmap isn't necessarily an indicator of anything.  The UPR also mentions the following:

"Please note that not every planned feature and course is listed, and the list is in no particular order. What you see here are items we can talk about publicly, and have a spot in our roadmap."

In other words there's a long-term plan in place for everything and some of it involves working with partners and/or sponsors within the terms of their agreements.  With respect to those agreements, sometimes that means we have to keep a tight lid on things and other times not so much.  It's important that we honor our side of any agreement, otherwise everyone would lose out and nobody wants that. =)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 2:33 PM

OK, here's hoping for another pleasant surprise comparable to Bethpage. I know that not many site users expected to see it when it was rather suddenly presented to the community last year.

Back to the drivers question... I'd be all for a driver with a 285yd or 290yd default hitting distance, but only if paired with rather brutally diminished forgiveness. In other words, high risk & high reward. Then we'd have the following structure...:

• 285yd driver: extreme distance, but very easy to misfire
    • 275yd / 270yd Master drivers: superb distance, but a fast meter
    • 255 yd Rapture Pro V2 driver: diminished distance, but low-risk

Then the current dilemma regarding drivers – R9 or G10? – might actually expand to a trilemma or quadrilemma (sorry, I've just invented those words). And the debate might go on indefinitely...

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 2:38 PM
    I would be in favor of adding distances to all the clubs, not just the drivers but move us back to the black tees. O yeah I cant wait for those up/down/side hill lies, with all those things the game should play really realistic.
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 2:50 PM

Faterson:

...And the debate might go on indefinitely...

Consider the members warned.

R9 Driver here...ty

• gandollf
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:05 PM
    distance is best who cares about persion or forgiveness i've seen more people miss hit with G10's than r9's
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 5:43 PM

Faterson:
    OK, here's hoping for another pleasant surprise comparable to Bethpage.

Good news Faterson, I think I found the original Oakmont photo out on the web. Before the marketing/PR group did their mock-up.

It clearly shows a Ping Rapture Master 8.5 driver!! @285yds.

just kidding of course.....

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:20 PM

Not exactly my style, I must say. Looks like high risk, low reward to me all the way.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:34 PM

Faterson:
    high risk, low reward

An understatement

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:48 PM

Faterson:
    Not exactly my style, I must say. Looks like high risk, low reward to me all the way.

On the contrary, the Master Rapture 8.5 would be low risk, high reward!

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 8:01 PM

In my opinion,  Accepting  the high risk, low reward style  over phony morality,  would be the lesser of two evils.

RSS