Forums

Help › Forums

not happy with wgt!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:26 PM (25 replies)
  • Larryj38
    8 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:20 AM
    Yes and the author is voicing an opinion even if some people don't understand the meaning of it. Everyone is allowed to voice what they think about cheating even if it doesn't exist however it's thought to be around. No need to call someones character out just because of their name and what they think. Insulting remarks just close threads.
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:20 AM

Although not a MASTER myself, I am starting to play a little more consistantly. Just as in the real game, course management is the name of the game. Reaching a par 5 in 2 is fun, buit not always the best way to go. I took some advice from another post and ditched the hybrid for a third wedge....it really makes a differenece for me. I can't play in the RG tournaments and I rarely enter the others. When it stops being fun, I'll move onto something else.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:33 AM

ghettocop1:
    it would be the epitome of naivete to assume that cheating simply cannot and does-not happen here.  Someone, somewhere is able to hack this game and do with it what he will.  

Hasn't happened yet.

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:14 AM
    Although not a Master yet, or even close, I have already had rounds that easily could have placed me well in the top 10 or higher during tourneys, if not for silly mistakes of my own doing. There have been many times I have ruined my score by not hitting the ball hard enough leaving it just short of the cup. I for one don't cheat.. never will either (even if I knew how). If I have to resort to cheating to compete, I'll leave first and go find something else to occupy my time. My thinking on the matter is simply this... If a average player like myself that has around 50 ranked rounds in, can at any given moment start dropping in those short putts (which is my main problem atm), I would be on the leaderboard with respectable numbers. Now imagine what a person with 1000's of ranked rounds can do, let alone a gifted player with 1000's or rounds in! So, in my opinion, shooting 20's or 50's is not impossible. The difference I think, is that the "true" masters here at WGT have literally MASTERED certain aspects of their game.
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:16 AM

Thanks for your business, bye.

Is that the response you want?  Complaints about suspected cheaters with no proof, few ranked rounds over a 7 month period compared to most advanced players, no match play against better players.  Not to sound like a jerk but...what else do you expect?  Much to your point  how real pro's go up and down, well, once they go way down, they are off the tour looking for a job.  They dont go back to the amateurs.  If your not gonna put in the time, dont expect a free handout by WGT to drop you a tier, because that opens the door for every sandbagger out there.  Put in the time, practice, play with masters.

I made master after 4 weeks of joining.  My score went up close to 67 and now its back down.  I have won a few ready-go's, have even more top 5 finishes, have shot in the 50's, and the high 20's.  But I cant seem to get into the 20's with any consistency, thats my next goal.  And playing more and practicing will get me there. On the main page earlier today was a friend of mine with a 58 average, cheater?  No.  I have played with her a few times, and had a putt to beat her every time (but missed unfortunately).  Those players have their bad days like the rest, but they play a lot and know how to manage the course, where to hit to and a memory of greens.  Thats what experience does for you.  Give it a try.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:38 AM

YankeeJim:

ghettocop1:
    it would be the epitome of naivete to assume that cheating simply cannot and does-not happen here.  Someone, somewhere is able to hack this game and do with it what he will.  

Hasn't happened yet.

YJ, I believe it actually has happened.  There are 2 occasions that I don't know all the details about but I believe the players were banned for suspicion of being cheats.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:01 PM

I was playing as pro then all of a sudden I was promoted to the master's tier.  Just, when I was getting competitive at the pro tier.  It definitely was a shock, my average went back upto 71 I believe.  But, I didn't allow that to deter me.  Several thousand years later (lol) it feels that long, but I put in the time to practice.  Thats the key, practice, learn what you can at all levels cause thats' experience which you can draw on.

Also, one should continue to learn and try different shots.  Golf is a game of self improvement.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:03 PM

jakestanfill7:
    YJ, I believe it actually has happened.  There are 2 occasions that I don't know all the details about but I believe the players were banned for suspicion of being cheats.

I was in the middle of that  :-(

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:19 PM

jayjonbeach:
    Golf is a VERY frustrating game

It can be. Depends on how a person approaches that sport. People here post scores of 40-45 on CTTH challenges, which means less than 5 feet of the pin on average! When I land it less than 15 feet away, I'm very happy!! Makes everyone wonder how I feel when I ace it in!

Let's see it that way... Splendid sun, warm breeze, birds chirping, the smell of freshly cut grass, a sea of green... real stress-buster!

Entering an 18 with a high competitive mind just ruins it!

But everyone's different, I guess.

Rob

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:25 PM

YankeeJim:

ghettocop1:

Hasn't happened yet.

Like I said in another post, those are called Aimbots and do exist. They are programed to react when a specific pixel (or image) crosses a part of the screen, let's say... when a green pixel appears in the middle of the meter!   :-O)

By looking at my score, you can tell I'm not using this.  :-)

Rob

RSS