Forums

Help › Forums

not happy with wgt!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:26 PM (25 replies)
  • imaloser
    32 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:03 PM

I have played on and off here for over a year and I am an average player. I have fun for the most part trying to improve but as you can see by my scores I am not a "MASTER" player nor do I cheat like some of the people on this site who shoot in the high 20's and low 50's on the 9 and 18 hole tournaments. I applaud those who truly play this game without cheating and do well, I know there are some great players here and not everyone is a cheater so its cool.

Anyway my main problem here is that when I started playing I was thrust into the "MASTER" tier after like a week of playing. If you have yet to reach this level I will be the first to tell you that you dont want it!!! You have to play against the people who cheat and shoot ridiculous numbers as well as have to play from much longer distances which is difficult when you are not as good as these others who don't cheat. It is funny because many here want to be a "MASTER" but instead I would like to be placed at the level I should be at which would be "Pro" but the site REFUSES to do so!! I know I will play against players at that level whom are still better than myself but I can at least compete and don't have to worry about the cheaters at the "MASTER" level.

I am sure some probably think I am lame for writing this and it is just a game but I have put in money to this site and it just gets very frustrating to be honest. I mean since I joined over a year back they have only added the 1 extra course, St. Andrews, for everyone to play so at this pace we will get a 9 hole course every 1-2 years. Still I like the site in general but for the people who run it not to allow me to at least be placed back as a "Pro" is stupid.... In real life golfers go up and down so what is the difference if you want this site to be realistic? I would think you should worry more about players who shoot 26 and 27 every week than someone asking to be placed back one level!

This is the email sent back to me after my request so you people can view it and see.. maybe you agree with some of what I said or you didnt but I just wanted to throw this out there for others, especially new people trying to become a "MASTER", and do not cheat!

Best of luck to all of you who play this game legit and have fun!

Mike

email:

"Hi Mike,

Your tier is based on a weighted average of the best 10 of your last 14 scores, with most recent scores weighted more heavily.  You need an average of around 66-68 to reach Master, and 9 hole round scores are doubled and counted as an 18 hole round.

7 consecutive sub-par rounds (between 31 and 34) on the Back 9 of Bethpage Black in August (8/4-8/6) is what put you in the Master Tier. Since you shot these scores in an unlimited play tournament (wk 32 9-hole unlimited play), you continued play it from the Amateur tees, even though outside of the tournament you had already advanced to Pro.  Because you shot so well in these WK 32 tournament rounds, you were immediately propelled into the Master tier.

Once you advance to a higher tier, there is no way to move backwards and go back to a lower tier.  Our apologies for any inconvenience.  You were placed in the Master Tier because of your abilities.

Thanks,
    WGT"

• timpyron1980
    56 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:20 PM

Hey Mike, everyone is entitled to their opinions but i really don't think there is cheating going on here. I personally can shoot a 26/27 and can also turn around and shoot 33/34 if not higher. Just like real golf you got to have good hand/eye coordination. I have played with the best on here and can assure you we all have bad rounds and bad days where we can't ding anything or make any putts. Don't get discouraged, just try a little harder.........Tim

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:48 PM

I'm sorry but it just appears you are not progressing when others are, saying that other people are cheaters just because you are not learning from your mistakes is irresponsible and total nonsense.

If you want to get good at the game you have to note things that dont work and note things that do work.

I hear your frustration, Golf is a VERY frustrating game, just see one of my blog posts...lol, but dont blame other people or WGT or anybody else when the problem is solely on your shoulders, not good form and wont get you anywhere.

You shot good enough in the past to get to the tier, WGT can not move people back for the simple reason of cheating(everyone trying to go backwards to win tourneys easier), so now you have to step up your game to be able to compete with you peers at your tier.  I'm in the same boat, just got here myself and cant shoot a 27, but I'm working on it and getting closer and closer.

Good luck

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:02 PM

imaloser:
    I have fun for the most part trying to improve but as you can see by my scores I am not a "MASTER" player nor do I cheat like some of the people on this site who shoot in the high 20's and low 50's on the 9 and 18 hole tournaments.

The people you are accusing of cheating have well over 1000 ranked rounds played....you have 155.  Those players also have plenty of WDs from weekly and ready go tournaments so your theory doesn't much add up. 

imaloser:
    Anyway my main problem here is that when I started playing I was thrust into the "MASTER" tier after like a week of playing. If you have yet to reach this level I will be the first to tell you that you dont want it!!!

Looks like you were in a hurry to get there by posting only your best scores in the unlimited 9 holer.  I too made master within 3 weeks and guess what...I started winning within a month with the improved equipment.  Again you have 155 rounds since last August.  I think I had that many within my first month on the site.  And I love being in the master tier.  You get to compete for much bigger prizes in the Monthly Tier Opens.  Got a really nice pair of shades out of it.

imaloser:
    Still I like the site in general but for the people who run it not to allow me to at least be placed back as a "Pro" is stupid.

It's not stupid at all.  Folks would intentionally sandbag to go backwards when they figure out that they simply don't have the game to compete at a higher level.

Like Tim above, I am one of the players who doesn't cheat and never will.  I have shot my share of 26/27 in unlimited events or when they let us play from the pro tees with master equipment.  I have my share of 34/35s too.   I also believe in the depths of my heart that the very top players on this site aren't cheating either.  I know them well and believe they are gentlemen of great integrity.

So imaloser, please try playing a bit more and working on your game.  I understand your frustration with your lack of skill but your post only personifies your username.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 7:49 PM

Hi Mike,

Sadly for you - you are wrong on all counts. I took nearly 20 months to make Master, I'm not that good, but boy I did learn a lot about how to play the game - and I really enjoyed it. Still am.

Your email serves no purpose here. It is inflamatory, acusing players of cheating without one scrap of evidence, its all heresay. I would refrain from posting in the future if this is all you can complain about.

WGT's response is on the money. End of story.

Just how I see it.

Cheers Doug

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:05 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Like Tim above, I am one of the players who doesn't cheat and never will.

I have no dog in this fight as I do not compete here.  I also think the OP is ridiculous.  However, the quote above gives me pause.  Is this simply a language error or are you stating that there are indeed ways to cheat but you "just don't use them?  Thanks if you can clarify.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 8:55 PM

ghettocop1:
    I have no dog in this fight as I do not compete here.  I also think the OP is ridiculous.  However, the quote above gives me pause.  Is this simply a language error or are you stating that there are indeed ways to cheat but you "just don't use them?  Thanks if you can clarify.

You might be reading too much into it.  People contend that there is software to aid the game.  I'm no techy, have never researched it and don't plan to.  I do know the top tier players well and play with them regularly.  If there are indeed cheats on the site those guys aren't the ones.  I also believe that WGT has ways of monitoring any such software.

• Larryj38
    8 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:03 PM

Having taken some time off from the game just as I was getting into it, it can be just as encouraging and discouraging seeing the low scores.  I just don't have enough time to dedicate to it as much as I would like to.  These people play and practice a lot and when I have more than 2 minutes to read the forum I will get back to it.  And just as I've seen here before,  just because someone voices their opinion on the game doesn't mean they need the intelligent reply of making fun of their name.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:56 PM

To imaloser:

To date you have only played 157 ranked rounds and 6 match plays, none of which

was against a Master. I have played 455 ranked rounds and 674 matches of which

289 were against Masters. I have played some of the top Masters, some of which

have ranked rounds in the mid and low 50"s and consistently place in the top 10

in tournaments. I can assure you that as talented as they are, they do not cheat. 

Most of these Masters have played over 1,000 ranked rounds and that is the

secret if your looking for one. It really all depends on what you want out of this

game and out of yourself. Feel free to challenge a Master and you will be pleasantly

surprised at how helpful they are . I enjoy the challenge of getting better but

that is what I expect out of me and the game.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:13 AM

jakestanfill7:

ghettocop1:

You might be reading too much into it.  People contend that there is software to aid the game.  I'm no techy, have never researched it and don't plan to.  I do know the top tier players well and play with them regularly.  If there are indeed cheats on the site those guys aren't the ones.  I also believe that WGT has ways of monitoring any such software.

Hey thanks Jake.  The way you wrote it initially made it seem as if it is a foregone conclusion that some cheat and you just choose not to.

I also agree with others that most of the members who play and post here seem to be of high character, and possibly a higher average age than most gamer-centric sites.  That said, however, it would be the epitome of naivete to assume that cheating simply cannot and does-not happen here.  Someone, somewhere is able to hack this game and do with it what he will.  

RSS