Getting to Pro.. New Data..

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:48 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:52 PM

ghettocop1:
    In reality, most of the middle-of-the-roaders here are QUITE concerned with their average.

My turn to call BS...

You can't get any more "middle-of-the-road" than me, my friend, and I really, honestly, don't care about my average.  I know that as everything sits right now that I will not make it to the Master tier... and you know what?  I'm ok with that.   This is why you don't see round after round after round after round day after day after day from me.

I play when I can .... score what I can... and move on.

Ah... but then again, you said 'most'... 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:00 PM

I call double BS-you directed the comment and me and I resent it. Keep the amateur psychology bit to yourself and be happy experienced types try to help you.  

FYI I just posted a 37 at BPB I earned while helping a rank amateur with a few pointers, pointers that required doing different things I wouldn't normally do. I should have done like those average obsessed types and quit before the last putt -then I would fit your stereotype.

It took me a lot more than the 131 ranked rounds you played in 1 month to make master. Hmmmm, who's obsessed with the average here..........

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:11 PM

Dont bother Jim anyone that knows you will know you do more to help new players (that want help)than anybody involved in this community.Keep it up buddy your tips are truly worth there weight in gold

THANK you YJ

CSC

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:46 PM

ghettocop1:
    Fellas' I'm not saying that everyone should be concerned with specifically lowering their averages. I'm just calling BS on the guys that act like they don't care at all what their averages are. You know.....the same types that think it's cool to say "I don't care what people think about me" when in reality they obsess over it! Plus, I don't have emoticons to set the tone for my posts. It's more often than not, the guys that are really good at this game, preaching to the minions to "not worry about their averages". In reality, most of the middle-of-the-roaders here are QUITE concerned with their average.

Weel, my average at the moment as a new Peo is 78.16, take a look at it in a week and you will see what I mean :) Most likely be in the 90's since I can now play Andrews and Black (insteadf of just Kiawi front 9) an not care getting +20 :)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:36 PM

You guys need to chill.  As I stated in my SECOND post.....  I do not have emoticons to set the tone of my posts.  My original post was directed at you Yankee Jim, yes... but was made in jest.  You have helped me here in the past, and I appreciate it.  My observations are my observations.......  Great players with great averages can comfortably sit back and tell the struggling new guys to "slow down", and "not worry about averages".  These great players know damn well that when you are new, the one thing that concerns you the most is your average.  It's kind of like a hazing thing, or a priveledge you Veterans of this game enjoy.  I am not here to cause trouble, and this is a message board.  I cannot see you or speak to you.  Inflection, body-language, etc goes a long way when speaking in the real world.  Typing on a keyboard offers neither.

For the record......  I don't match-play or enter Ready-go's.  I compete against myself, and you are damn right I am obsessed with my average.  It's the only measure of ability I have in this game.

Also....Snaike sent me smiley info, so this may not happen again in the future.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 12:31 AM

ghettocop1:

Also....Snaike sent me smiley info, so this may not happen again in the future.

use any smileys from link below you care to as a inserted image :)

http://www.oldmmogamers.net/pics/smileys/

Cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 4:56 AM

I have this bookmarked-it keeps growing too and I like it because you can see the smilie. 
    There's some funny stuff there. 

http://vdp.sk/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:48 AM

I prefer Smiley Vault....

The search feature makes it the easiest when you're pressed for time and don't want to rummage around in page after page of icons...  but again, that's just me!

(Cool anime icons, too...)  

• PAGES
RSS