Help › Forums

Getting to Pro.. New Data..

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:48 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:43 AM

It seems that the aforementioned average of 75.00 in order to get to 'Pro' standing was in error (as least in my case)

As far as I can tell an average of below 80 with get you from Amateur to Pro.

+7 - 81.6 - KIAWAH ISLAND Front 9 - Amateur

+3 - 80.66 - KIAWAH ISLAND Front 9 - Amateur

+4 - 80.66 - KIAWAH ISLAND Front 9 - Amateur (strange didn't change at all)

+3 - 80.03 - KIAWAH ISLAND Front 9 - Amateur

-1 - 78.16 - KIAWAH ISLAND Front 9 - (Turned Pro here)

FINALLY,

Since I have no ego to go to master I can finally have some fun and not worry about my average.

Aslo I can get new toys at pro shop (I love new toys :))

Cheers

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:19 AM
    Congrats man, good work! Pro is definitely the most enjoyable tier IMO. You can get great clubs that will greatly enhance your experience. If you can spend the high price for the Rapture 9.5 driver, you will be hitting the par 5's in two. Stay Pro as long as you can without sandbagging (if you match-play). Once you get the Master clubs every shot is like threading a needle. Absolutely no room for error at all.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 5:26 AM

AlexisStarfire:
    Since I have no ego to go to master I can finally have some fun and not worry about my average

Very good advice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:19 AM

Why were you worrying in the first place?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:34 AM

AlexisStarfire:
    Since I have no ego to go to master I can finally have some fun and not worry about my average

lol...

Welcome to my world.

Have a nice day.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:44 PM

YankeeJim:

I was worring about ti in order to get to Pro..now I don't because you can never drop to 'Amateur' again even if it shoots to 150! :P

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:02 PM

YankeeJim:

C'mon Yankee!  You guys that act like you pay no attention to your averages what-so-ever crack me up. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:06 PM

ghettocop1:
    C'mon Yankee!  You guys that act like you pay no attention to your averages what-so-ever crack me up. 

Excuse me? I've been between 64 and 69 for 10 months now. I would think if I was worried about it I'd be in the low 60s by now. Peep the score history for a legit look. Shame on you for that wild accusation.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:10 PM

ghettocop1:

And I've been between 68 - 72 for even longer than YJ...

Don't have the time to devote to specifically trying to lower the average.... so, realism sets in.

Not everyone is hyper-competitive....

.... at least not on the internet.           

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:12 PM
    Fellas' I'm not saying that everyone should be concerned with specifically lowering their averages. I'm just calling BS on the guys that act like they don't care at all what their averages are. You know.....the same types that think it's cool to say "I don't care what people think about me" when in reality they obsess over it! Plus, I don't have emoticons to set the tone for my posts. It's more often than not, the guys that are really good at this game, preaching to the minions to "not worry about their averages". In reality, most of the middle-of-the-roaders here are QUITE concerned with their average.
  • PAGES
RSS