Forums

Help › Forums

Wanna go to St. Andrews!

Sun, Mar 25 2012 1:40 PM (51 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:19 AM

anstruther fish and chip shop - sit on the waterfront eating your chips and get attacked from all angles by the seagulls . They are pretty fierce and getting bigger and worst .

And then wash it down with a tin of irn bru .

St andrews bay hotel and golf course is another one to try out .

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 1:00 PM

craigswan:

anstruther fish and chip shop - sit on the waterfront eating your chips and get attacked from all angles by the seagulls . They are pretty fierce and getting bigger and worst .

And then wash it down with a tin of irn bru .

St andrews bay hotel and golf course is another one to try out .

ah yes............Anstruther Fish & Chippy on the sea front......voted best fishy in the UK for many years.

i took a gal out for a meal once..........after an hours drive I reckon she was expecting more than a battered haddock :)

still i treated her to the baby salmon later on. :)

tbe

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 1:10 PM

For a little extra you can get lemon sole with bread and a cup of tea and even a seat .No mushy peas though that,s an english thing .

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:07 AM

craigswan:

For a little extra you can get lemon sole with bread and a cup of tea and even a seat .No mushy peas though that,s an english thing .

no mushy peas?

not gonna bother going up there then :)

• davep043
    12 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:14 AM

I've heard that the Tailend Fish Bar in Market Street in St. Andrews does a pretty good fish and chips.  I just checked their website, and they DO have mushy peas!  If you don't get a report before then, I'll try to check it out when I'm there in June.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:18 AM

davep043:

I've heard that the Tailend Fish Bar in Market Street in St. Andrews does a pretty good fish and chips.  I just checked their website, and they DO have mushy peas!  If you don't get a report before then, I'll try to check it out when I'm there in June.

make sure they do gravy as well :)

• davep043
    12 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 10:54 AM

Now I'm confused.  Does the gravy go on the chips, or on the mushy peas?  And can I get ketchup for my chips, or do I have to use malt vinegar?  And where can i get a COLD beer???

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 11:20 AM

Bad news: The beer will not be cold.

Good news: It will be beer.

• GaryKoop
    149 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 1:52 PM

You Americans stay away from our fair land....Don't want you coming over here impregnating our women again!  ;)

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 2:32 PM

davep043:

Now I'm confused.  Does the gravy go on the chips, or on the mushy peas?  And can I get ketchup for my chips, or do I have to use malt vinegar?  And where can i get a COLD beer???

Many open questions but: There is cold beer!

RSS