rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM (48 replies)
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:46 PM

BolloxInBruges:

bumpski.

Just got the amex card.

Took 600-700 ready gos to make it.  Probably would of taken a lot less time had I not WD'd a number of ready gos before they announced the elite collection.

Wow :O

That is very impressive!

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:45 PM

BolloxInBruges:

bumpski.

Just got the amex card.

Took 600-700 ready gos to make it.  Probably would of taken a lot less time had I not WD'd a number of ready gos before they announced the elite collection.

I hate you! :p

Nah, congrats... Just don't break the WGT bank ;)

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:38 PM

Wow ping gi15`s 850000 and i wasnt happy paying $2800 for the set *** i am now i got a bargain

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 1:43 AM

I'm going to reply to WDTniv explanation about the eliete program being a "rewards" concept. Personally I see it as a rip-off. WGT has taken the path of the poker sites such as pokerstars and fulltilt poker to make their money. The take essentially a "Rake" on the ready-go tournaments much like the poker sites take a "rake" on each hand of poker or poker tournament being played.

<p>The credits for the most part represent real dollars paid by real players using real credit cards or cash transfers. The rake or percentage that WGT takes on the ready-go tournaments are real dollars they take. Not simply credits.

<p>What I don't understand is why anyone would wager real dollars that they can never cash out unless they pay way more than loan shark interest for the elite items. You pay 200 times the amount of real dollar value of the items' realistic value. That means WGT keeps all the extra dollars you paid. Those are REAL dollars WGT banks. Those are real dollars wagered for nothing more than credits that can never be the actual value that was paid for them.

<p>I thought the poker sites were smart on the way they make money. WGT has one upped them. Poker sites have to pay out actual real dollars. Amazing concept WGT has going on here. Real dollars vaporize for players into virtual credits. WOW, what a way to get rich.

<p>WGT takes money for wagering and takes a rake of the wagers and does not pay out the winnings. I don't see how this can even be legal. I bet they don't have a reserve in the bank that would cover the credits in the players accounts.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:35 AM

Skeeter... I'm not a big fan of the current concept of this right now either, however...

Think you need to look at it as a "lifetime" achievement award/payout. With most of all the items there as just placeholders that will never be given out.

The giftcards are the only realistic prizes, the credit value of the others are just too high, and more of a joke IMO, so I'll agree with ya there.

Hopefully this will progress into something more like cashing out or getting prizes at realistic credit levels.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:28 AM

Comparing this site to a poker site is silly, IMO.   Just because there may be some similarities doesn't mean they're comparable.   WGT is a game website first and foremost, not a gambling website.   One can choose to gamble their credits, but it's not a requirement here, and neither is purchasing credits.

WGT laid out how credits works here in the T&C, something everyone is supposed to read when they signed up.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:18 AM

Skeeter... if you're here to make money, you might as well just delete your account now.

As Marioh said, this is a GAME WEBSITE not a GAMBLING WEBSITE.  People come here to play golf, not win money.  WGT instituted the MPC for credits because we, the players, were screaming at them to let us wager between ourselves.

Let's look at TWO....  you spend REAL money there and what do you get in return... attributes to increase your golfers abilities....  don't see anyone crying about that, do you?  They charge money up front.  No cashout at the end when your cartoon golfer is all God-like.

Yes, WGT wants you to spend real, hard-earned cash to get better stuff IF YOU WANT IT.  Once you've spent it, it's theirs to do with as they please.  There is nothing here that says they HAVE to give it back to you.  Sure, they offer real cash prizes (or values) for doing well, and sure, you will have to upgrade your equipment to even sniff those, but that's a tried and true business model. 

If you want the big prize, you gotta race the big boys.  If you can't do it, it's not their fault.  They give everyone the same opportunity.

Again, the game is free.  Once you have spent money here, that money belongs to WGT to do with as they please.  The credits you buy are "house-money" good only in this house.

And this 'house' has a door.

And it's unlocked.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:24 AM

Ok so this elite club set is for the game?  at the price marked I thought it was a real set of golf clubs that you will ship out to us.  Well here is what I say to your elite........  Anyone want to be Tiger Woods?  Let's give Avatarlee just that much more of an advantage over the rest of us who are left in the dust trail of his launched golf balls. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 2:41 PM

ChristopherRouss:
    Ok so this elite club set is for the game? 

No.  For 850,000 credits you get REAL clubs, not virtual clubs.

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 12:22 PM

marioh:

Comparing this site to a poker site is silly, IMO.   Just because there may be some similarities doesn't mean they're comparable.   WGT is a game website first and foremost, not a gambling website.   One can choose to gamble their credits, but it's not a requirement here, and neither is purchasing credits.

WGT laid out how credits works here in the T&C, something everyone is supposed to read when they signed up.

Sorry, but what you are saying is fundamentally incorrect.

Have you ever played online poker?

You do not have to wager any money in order to play on these sites...There are such things as "Play" money tables, where people enjoy playing the "GAME" of poker where it is inconsequential to what stakes they are playing....similar to what most do on WGT.

You are never required to deposit on FT or Stars to play poker, and for the sake of argument, Poker has been deemed a skill game by several state courts, as well as a study done by Cigital and PS last year.

Once WGT started taking a "rake", they are facilitating gambling where both parties are wagering an equal amount with the winner taking both wagers, or in the tournament variety, a pay-out scale that DIRECTLY PAYS OUT BASED ON PERFORMANCE.  WGT directly profits from both players wagers, and since there will never be an instance where they are not paid, they are directly facilitating gambling and acting as a 3rd party in terms of payment processing.

The online poker anology is 100% correct, as it is the only precedent where you can debate gambling Vs. Skill based games and what role the facilitator plays.

When you act as a facilitator of gambling, you are in essence, a gambling website. 

RSS