Help › Forums

The Elite Collection

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM (48 replies)
  • andyoz
    465 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 3:53 AM

Wow - Its here!

Just been checking out exactly what I can get with my hard earned credits!  At first glance, wow, what an awesome selection.  I can win a car!  Well I could if I lived in the US. 

However when looking at the gift cards, something struck me.  What a RIP OFF!!  How come a $500 gift card cost us 300,000 credits!!!  Now I'm not great at maths but as I'm pretty sure that 100 credits is supposedly worth $1, then they are charging us $3000 dollars for a $500 dollar gift card.  Now I'm sorry but that is simply robbery!  Surely it should be 50,000 credits for a $500 card!  

Ive spent months getting my balance up, and been looking forward to the day when I can either withdraw it or spend it on something real.  Now it looks like that may never happen!  I love this game but do feel somewhat cheated, surely WGT are making plenty of cash from the cuts they take from ReadyGos and Matchplay challenges.  Marking these prizes up so much is wrong.

Anyway, rant over, what does everyone else think.  Am off to play my first St Andrew game, thanks for that part of the update.  :)

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:15 AM

Surely making these courses and paying all the staff takes a lot of money.  I will agree with you tho that the prices seem a little high.   Something along the lines of 200k or 250k might be more reasonable for a 500$ gift card.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:16 AM

Elite is a good word for it.

As in, 99% of the site will not be able to acquire anything from that collection.

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:20 AM

Well I suppose taking something from the sales make sense for the business.  But even 200k seems very high to me!  Maybe 60k, then they are making $100 each time they sell a card.  Seems more reasonable than them making $2500 every time they sell a $500 gift card!

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 4:22 AM

bollox if you need some credits to buy a car, i gift you my credits. good luck, you are the only that can purchase anything of this collection

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:15 AM

ROFL!!!!

maybe everyone can gift their credits to Bollox and for 4,000,000 he can get the swing analyzer.  then we can pass it around so everyone gets to use it for a day.

this reminds me of that visa/mastercard/amex promotion where you could go on the space shuttle for 50,000,000 rewards points

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:45 AM

pillsy:

ROFL!!!!

maybe everyone can gift their credits to Bollox and for 4,000,000 he can get the swing analyzer.  then we can pass it around so everyone gets to use it for a day.

this reminds me of that visa/mastercard/amex promotion where you could go on the space shuttle for 50,000,000 rewards points

I'd gladly gift Bollox 5000 credits towards the Maserati if he let me take it for a spin.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:37 AM

Only 790,000 credits to go before I can buy the set of Pings.  Looks like the "0" got stuck when they priced these things.  Was very excited to learn of the Elite Collection only to feel the rug was pulled out from under me.

A 700% markup seems quite extraordinary and a bit of a slap in the face.  WGT, please reconsider the pricing structure of these items.  I can see a 200% markup but 700% is way past extreme.

Anyhow, great idea and hope you guys turn it into the true "Elite Collection".  As it stands we should call it the "Exclusive Collection" because pricing structure excludes everyone on the site. 

Would also love to see some of the golf equipment options split so you could buy a driver, wood, set of irons, wedges, putter, balls, etc. a la carte, so to speak.

Thanks for the update and the new course.  Keep up the good work.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:46 AM

Hey fellas,

Thanks for the feedback. 

We do urge you to keep in mind that the intent of the Elite Collection is not to "sell" you gift cards or vacations.  I definitely don't want anyone spending money outright to simply buy a gift card from us. =)

We put this together as a kind of "Credit Rewards" program if you will.  The intent here is that you will eventually earn "something for nothing" by doing what you were probably going to do anyway.  Now instead of accumulating a pile of credits, you can aspire to achieve greatness (and line your pockets too)!

However, with all that said though we are exploring the possibilities of making other items available, but we'll need to wait and see how it goes at first.

Enjoy =)

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:19 PM

I can appreciate what WGT is trying to do here, but I have to agree with Jake. This is just not a reasonable value to any of the items, I will throw some numbers out to ya.

Decent to great record in RGs winning an average of 250 per tourney, 6 tournies a day. How much would you have at the end of say 6 months.

250*6*182 days... 273000, that will get you a $250 card, and almost be to a $500, not bad, but considering you had to play EVER day for the last 6 months, you might have gone insane by then.

The $250 card is about the only reasonable goal, but even with that it's a bit much to have to play at a high level mind you for 6-12 months to achieve it.

I would rather see lesser items like balls, gloves, retrievers, and the like. They would still be marked up but would take say a month of playing at a high level.

If you were wondering how long it would take to get the car, given the current rate of gaining credits I expressed above, ready? r u sure?

46666 days, or 1534 months, or maybe years thats got to better right? 128 years!!!

RSS