Help › Forums

The Elite Collection

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM (48 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:39 PM

WGTniv:

We put this together as a kind of "Credit Rewards" program if you will.  The intent here is that you will eventually earn "something for nothing" by doing what you were probably going to do anyway. 

I think this is a great point and a lot of people got excited about "free giveaways" that really shouldn't happen.  (and I know if I had 5K - 50K of credits, I would have too!)

You can't really say there is a "markup" per se, since things will be given away virtually for free, were talking about cashing in free credits that were won at no cost to the player or very little overall, if prizes were too obtainable, the damn farm would be for sale, sold, and goodbye to our favourite website. 

Its not even comparable to Visa points or Airmiles etc since with those you are continually spending money to earn more points, thus they are always making money from you and all those things take forever to collect points too. 

There still could be a bit of a middle groud but then again maybe its right where it needs to be, sure, it might take you 3 or more years of virtual golf to get one big prize but at what expense, the expense of WGT almost entirely, these are profits being given away.  

On another note, some smaller and more obtainable items would be nice for the average Master to try and strive for (not too small or easy to get) but I would not want it to be at the expense of losing money for future updates, etc.   

I do understand the let down feeling but the perspective is whats important. 

Who else is going to give you 250 bucks for coming to their site and having fun?  Even if it takes 6 months or a year or more heck. 

Lets also not forget about all the other prizes already being given away for free (though I wish it could be more contained to active users instead of a 4000 trip being given to someone that registered, played once and isnt even here anymore)

Bottom line is if things are too easy to get, more and more people will be cashing them in and where does that leave us in the big picture, food for thought. 

My 2 cents

-------------------

Edit - LOL 128 years for the car, better play more big stake match plays! 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:45 PM

That's the spirit, Jay. =)

128 years, heh.  That's not so bad, right?

Under the current state of affairs, yes, that is quite a long time to save up for something like that.   Just keep in mind that we aren't finished yet and what you have now isn't always going to be the only way to earn credits in the future. ;-)

And as always adjustments will be made if/when we feel it's necessary, so please keep that feedback coming in.  We do hear you on the "more attainable items" thing and we'll see what we can do about that.

• craiger85
    47 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:47 PM

So how about instead of buying the Maserati we just earn rentals on it? I've got about a thousand credits, that should earn me about a five minute drive, right?

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 1:20 PM

Thanks for all the replies, some interesting point in there.  And it's good to see that WGT are aware that we want some items that are more attainable.  Is also good that there will be other ways to earn credits.

One thing i noticed was said was that we can't expect to play a free game and get something big in return.  Its been said that this is a gaming website and I agree with that.  We all had to pay to get credits, and for players who are not winning on a regular basis they have to keep buying credits to enter tournaments and buy clubs, balls etc...  So we are paying for the game.  True some better players now have a big stash of credits and no longer need to spend actual money to get into tournaments, but someone must be paying for these credits that are being won.

I think the way forward for WGT is to have more realistic prizes or even better, actual cash withdrawls.  I can't see why this isn't an option.  They could add more Ready-Gos with higher buy in rates, create more competitions where entry fees are higher and then that would encourage people to play the game more.  Thus making WGT more money.  I think this makes sense.

If they took the site in this direction I see no reason why in 5 years time, people couldn't be making big money on here.  Roll the game out, have massive competitions where the prizes are thousands of dollars, surely the potential for this game to expand is massive?!

Just a thought anyway!

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 3:08 PM

Just my 2 cents worth. 

As this game becomes more and more visible to the internet audience. Where individuals can come to play in various venues. Over time, and not all at once, the structure will change.  For you old timers who have been here from beginning, perhaps they could provide some insight to what it was and what it is now.  I have only been here approximately 8 months.  During that time there has been numerous changes, specifically the addition of different clubs, new pin locations for BPB and tournament additions to name a just a few.  Overall, I think this site is great, and  can't wait for new product updates. Didn't mean to go off topic.

I for one look forward one day to obtain some of those luxury items. 

One Item I am surprised that is not on the list of luxury items is the SkyCaddie SGX.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 6:39 PM

craiger, 5 minutes in a maserati is nothing. Have a friend call your local Mas dealer, as your assistant to setup a test drive for his boss. Your choice, wear your best suit, or persian up with some gold bling, hit the dealership with your "assistant", test drive, and theirs your 5 minutes free.

of course return the favor, and do it for him at say an aston martin dealership

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 7:25 PM

pillsy:
    maybe everyone can gift their credits to Bollox and for 4,000,000 he can get the swing analyzer.  then we can pass it around so everyone gets to use it for a day.

To the first part of that, I sort of do when I end up in a RTG  with Bollox,nice shooting.

And to the second part,I want to hear what it has to sa sa say about  my meter stu stu stu stutter.

Best part about the car is it'll be a collectors item when you get it..If not it will be an antique for sure.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 8:25 AM

I have an idea about this. Now most of all of these are unattainable, even for, gulp, Lee ;). Why not having some lesser value items. Some of my favorite things in my golf bag are just little low cost gadgets and the like.

Maybe WGT could strike a deal with some of the sponsers  and throw some items out there as "limited time while supplies last." Keep the markup, I understand that part of it. But give the players something to shoot for.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 8:52 AM

ncviz:

I have an idea about this. Now most of all of these are unattainable, even for, gulp, Lee ;). Why not having some lesser value items. Some of my favorite things in my golf bag are just little low cost gadgets and the like.

Maybe WGT could strike a deal with some of the sponsers  and throw some items out there as "limited time while supplies last." Keep the markup, I understand that part of it. But give the players something to shoot for.

Agreed !   How about some cheaper gifts.   Such as..

Green repair tool.

Iron and Wood club head covers.

Executive desktop golf sets.

Mini putting green.

Copy of TWO (lol, ok, maybe not).

Posters of various golf courses.

Golf themed merchandise (rugs, clothing, towels, etc.).

• spinmaster
    56 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:18 AM

This elite collection is a great idea. If WGT did not have a maximum limit on how much one can wager in the Match Play Challenge, one of those gift cards might actually be attainable.........

RSS