Forums

Help › Forums

The Elite Collection

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM (48 replies)
  • TIM237
    15 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:18 PM
    Don't really understand the below quote WGTniv "You can't really say there is a "markup" per se, since things will be given away virtually for free, were talking about cashing in free credits that were won at no cost to the player or very little overall, if prizes were too obtainable, the damn farm would be for sale, sold, and goodbye to our favourite website." How can anyone say it's at no cost to the player, match play cost someone everyday so there are obviously some dumping hundreds or a thousand into this site. You can buy golf games for 50-60 bucks and play 10+ courses why would people continue to spend hundereds to play a new course every 1+ years. Something needs to change as it all appears to be about profit and not rewarding the customer "us". Without players there are no programming jobs etc.
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:18 PM

I guess if people don't like the prices of WGT's free stuff they can set the price & give away their own...

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:09 PM

To buy that car, lets assume ncviz's figures of 128 years and that we can never leave our computers.  Assuming WGT won't allow us to transfer accounts to future generations, how about allowing us to rent the car, for one day, to give us hope.  The way I figure it, since a one day rental around here is about 20% of the cost of a new item, we should be able to rent the car for 14,000,000 credits.  In other words, we could be riding in style in only 25 years if we play our cards right.

Joey (0;\

PS: Oops, did we factor in that it would take nearly 5,000,000 in credits to play all all those tournaments?  Hmmm....it might take a little longer (wink). 

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 4:16 PM

I thought the car offer was hilarious, I guess the humor escaped many other people.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 5:46 PM

Joeyola:
    ncviz's figures of 128 years

Come to think of it those Elite prices could be chump change by then.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 7:58 PM

All I wanted to do was be able to buy a golf shirt.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:19 AM
    what i think we will see in the future is sponsored events with bigger and better prize money. something on the lines of a proper tour four round events with the cut after the first two with maybe a small entry fee.
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:03 AM

I came back from a few days out of town and anxiously logged on to check out St Andrews and the new elite collection.  I was very impressed with St Andrews and the new My Status options.  The Elite Collection...........um, not so much.

jakestanfill7:
    A 700% markup seems quite extraordinary and a bit of a slap in the face.

I felt kicked in the family jewels.  The only gifts they are in any danger of having to give out are the gift cards, and only a couple at that.  This just pisses people off by dangling something in front of us we'll never catch.  This is what a greyhound at the dog track must feel like.

I get their angle.  They don't want to have any inventory or have to worry about the complexities of shipping, but they have to do better than this.  I believe most people who do well on here are golfers and would appreciate golf-related prizes.  Having a relationship with a manufacturer or retailer for individual clothing and equipment items is the only way to go, even if WGT chooses not to incur the addition costs of branding and inventory.

For 20-25k in credits i should at least be able to get a very nice golf shirt, whether its WGT branded or not.  Maybe something from the course pro shops.

Why bother putting something in the collection if it not attainable to anyone?

Do you know it will only take you approximately 150,000 consecutive RG victories to get the Maserati?

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:22 PM

bumpski.

Just got the amex card.

Took 600-700 ready gos to make it.  Probably would of taken a lot less time had I not WD'd a number of ready gos before they announced the elite collection.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:54 PM

Bollie, very nice work. 

Yeah, I knew when they announced the collection that there would be less WDs.  Even the 50 credit forfeitures add up over time and I'm surely less likely to pull out if something goes wrong.    If they added less expensive merchandise I would expect even less WDs.

RSS