Forums

Help › Forums

What Tiger Should Have Said

Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:09 AM (132 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:35 PM

Hear, hear, SP! BFD if he does. Nothing like stirring up the ol hornet's nest to whet the public's curiosity and provide for the ultimate tabloid fodder.

@Oak-How do you think Tiger's layoff will affect his game, setting the diversions aside? Any idea what to expect?

• motaman
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:39 PM

OaktheToke:
    There's also the chance he might not be as good without the possible artificial enhancement supplied by the hoser doctor

I'd be very surprised if he was a drug cheat, given the greatest asset in his game is his mental capability. How many times do you see Tiger not actually playing that well but still scoring low? Plenty, because he get's his head around what he needs to do to make a score. That's one of the main reasons I watch him, his steely attitude.

Great post to get it all started SP.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:40 AM

I guess it's funny if you like old stuff. A radio bit almost a month old? C'mon, is there a reason to perpetuate this comedy? Give it a rest, the Masters will surely provide all sorts of tabloid crap to see. 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:21 AM

Instead he overplays the 'treatment' crap.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:39 PM

To: Tokin on Oak

Just when did the drug use start?....age 12???

A very very edited chronology of Tiger;

AGE 15 (1991)
    • Won - U.S. Junior Amateur Championship (youngest ever to win)
    • Won - Optimist International Junior World (sixth time)

AGE 16 (1992)
    • Won - U.S. Junior Amateur Championship (only golfer to win twice)

AGE 17 (1993)
    • Won - U.S. Junior Amateur Championship (third time)

AGE 18 (1994)
    • Won - U.S. Amateur Championship, Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. (youngest ever to win; largest comeback ever)

AGE 19 (1995)
    • Won - U.S. Amateur Championship, Newport Country Club, Newport, R.I.

AGE 20 (1996)
    Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year
    • PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year
    • Won - Disney World/Oldsmobile Classic
    • Won - Las Vegas Invitational
    • Won - U.S. Amateur Championship, Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, Cornelius, Ore. (only golfer ever to win three consecutive titles, record 18 consecutive match-play victories).

AGE 21 (1997)
    • The Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year
    • ESPY Male Athlete of the Year (Tied with Ken Griffey Jr.)
    • Player of the Year as selected by PGA TOUR (Jack Nicklaus Award), PGA of America and Golf Writers Association of America
    • Leading money-winner on PGA TOUR (Arnold Palmer Award) with $2,066,833 (most ever won in a single year)
    • Won $2,440,831 worldwide in 25 events.
    • Won - Masters Tournament (first professional major championship)

To: Steelsing...OK Ok you L-O-V-E youtube ...I'll buy stock today...heck you'd probably find the video of me buying it.

• golfbum1
    18 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 7:42 AM

@Steelsings:

Great job. Very informative and entertaining. Thanks for doing the leg work and complying all of this information. Keep up the good work. I’m sure that 80% of the WGT community appreciates your efforts. Personally I think Augusta National Golf Club is full of gay, misogynistic NAZI creeps.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 9:00 AM

golfbum1:
    Personally I think Augusta National Golf Club is full of gay, misogynistic NAZI creeps.

But that is only during the tournament, if they have a ticket. But they do keep the democrats to a minimum.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 11:01 AM

It is all about the word private which is the opposite of public. Augusta National is private. The membership there wishes to keep it that way and nothing or no one will change that right. If it ever becomes public, and it never will, it will be because the membership decides to do so, not because some worthless, ranting, ne'er-do-well, blabbering, female thinks they should.

RSS