Forums

Help › Forums

What Tiger Should Have Said

Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:09 AM (132 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 4:41 PM

CGBADGER1:
    Tiger obviously sucks at golf and dealing with family. Besides golf sucks. the only thing that matters in sports is ncaa football and basketball.

on wisconsin!

No.. what is obvious is that you have the IQ of a fern.

I'll bet all Wisconsin fans are really proud of you and how you represent the school.  "Short Bus U"?

Have a nice day... If you can find it.

• olifinoil
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:51 PM
    What Tiger should have said ?......NO THANKS LADYS.......
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:12 AM

olifinoil:
    What Tiger should have said ?......NO THANKS LADYS.......

How about.... "Hi honey, I'm home."

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:18 AM

I don't think Tiger's comeback will be as epic as everyone is proposing. If he can't pull it together in the next two years, I'm afraid that will be the beginning of a steady decline to the end of his amazing career. But why do I care, he has always been one of my least favorite golfers because of his dirty mouth and "greater than thou" attitude. Long live Mike Weir! 

• JMPP
    28 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:02 AM
    THE NEWS CONFERENCE THAT SHOULD BUT WON'T HAPPEN "To my loving wife, hey baby the checks in the mail. Now leave me alone" (turning to caddie as he walks off) "Call Bambi and tell her i'm gonna be a littke late"
  • sohm360
    2 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:41 PM

you are very correct my man. Everybody liked Tiger, but he is losing fans very drastically. I heard that he is probably going to play in the Masters Tournament next weekend. Let's see how he does..........

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 5:21 PM

sohm360:
    I heard that he is probably going to play in the Masters Tournament next weekend. Let's see how he does..........

There is no 'probably'.  He is in.

The reason he is in, and the reason he picked the Masters, is because it is an EXTREMELY controlled environment with the media and gallery.  He has picked the absolute safest place in the golf world to reappear.  Tabloid press will not be present. 

Do I blame him?  No.  I think it is a smart move on his part. 

I find myself in a bit of a quandry.  I sit here today and hope that he makes a good showing of himself in the tourney.  I don't think he'll win, but I'd like to see him get back on the road to contending each weekend.  This is a far cry from my opinion of him before thanksgiving last.

Perhaps I recognize that he is human afterall.. with all of the mortal faults and foibles the rest of society has to deal with... I don't know... maybe it's just because I'm becoming an old softie... (whodathunk?!)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:43 PM

Tiger is playing at Augusta because there are only so many grains of sand in time. He set an early goal to be the best that has yet lived, has only Big Jack in the way and that is all that matters to him. He has attained in life every goal he has set, along with a record that history provides no other example. Why would it stop except if it were someone else? But it isn't someone else. It is Tiger Woods and he will win...Masters 2010

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:49 PM

There's also the chance he might not be as good without the possible artificial enhancement supplied by the hoser doctor.   Something that not many consider.   But then again it's not like he would ever test positive anyways.  The Tour would be decimated.   

I'm curious how the golf community would react if federal investigators find and release any solid evidence.  How harsh might the backlash be?  The affairs scandal might seem like a gentle breeze compared to the gail force winds of a doping one given golf's rich tradition for being a gentleman's game with honesty at its very core.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:27 PM

OaktheToke:
    I'm curious how the golf community would react if federal investigators find and release any solid evidence.

I'm even more curious how any American could allow/think federal investigation of anything is proper at anytime. To do what? Who cares? The mentality of such notions brings me more concern than freedom ever has.

RSS