Forums

Help › Forums

What Tiger Should Have Said

Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:09 AM (132 replies)
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 11:28 PM

Oh SP that is the funniest thjing ive ever read in these forums and from a woman wow your the best lmfao

thx for sore ribs Chip

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 7:13 AM

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive ...

And the band played on ...

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 1:19 PM

Good stuff SP,,I took a dislike to the man years ago when he had some men from the gallery  move a big rock for him so he could shoot for the green and not have to chip back to the fairway.. but he got away with it..  this time he got caught   " with his pants down" 

• ThomasRalph
    7 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 7:14 AM

I thought I was the only guy that remembered that incident. How did the PGA allow that to happen? Was it a practice round?  If anyone knows of the incident and the appropriate ruling please post it.

Thanks

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:17 AM

ThomasRalph:

I thought I was the only guy that remembered that incident. How did the PGA allow that to happen? Was it a practice round?  If anyone knows of the incident and the appropriate ruling please post it.

Thanks

1999 Phoenix Open. He claimed it was a "movable object" under the rules and asked spectators to roll it out of the way of his backswing.

But in the British Open at Carnoustie he asked for relief from TV cables in the deep rough and was given a free drop in short rough. He made birdie (I think) instead of a likely double bogey (the British deep rough is worse than BPB).

The cables were easily movable for his shot but the rules official caved in the the megastar.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:21 AM

The worse part about that whole thing was Woods didn't even help them move the rock.I doubt they even got a thank you.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:49 AM

SweetiePie:
    I chose that over watching a bunch of Brady Bunch re-runs or shooting golf breeze with a host of morons that wouldn't know a good shot if they saw one

Sweetiepie, I don't know what to think. I just got done taking a cold shower. lol

That would've been a good one had he uttered those words indeed. In addition, It's true, Tiger cherry picks tournaments because he can.

Tiger does, and always will have the PGA in his hip pocket. The reigns have officially been passed down.

Good 1 SP.

• Provan9
    6 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:27 PM
    LOL at SweetiePie's opening salvo :-) I couldn't care a hoot what the bloke does in his own time. Mind you, I feel sorry for his wife, kids and extended family. Was it just me, am I on my own path here - In recent years his temper on the golf course has got progressivly worse, slamming clubs into the ground, swearing etc. Was this Tiger reacting to what he was doing behind closed doors?? Was it all starting to build up inside him?? If he ever comes back to Australia I'll be there again to see him. ps 'Love your avatar, 'charlie' Cheers; Provan9
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 2:36 PM

Provan9:
    Was this Tiger reacting to what he was doing behind closed doors?? Was it all starting to build up inside him??

Great perspective, Pro. It's out in the open and getting dealt with. Get him back on the course and let's get on with it. Leave the tabloids to their spoils. 

RSS