Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:41 PM

Good addition, fun to play, way better graphics than Cabo.  The greens seem a bit inconsistent, the breaks around the hole will get ya if your not careful and how about # 12, had a 2 ft putt I missed and it went down the hill18 ft. lol 2 putts to get back. Not going to pay to play but will play RG's.  Good job WGT/TRUE GOLF. 

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:32 PM

Firstly thank you WGT again for a free hit .

As for the course its just another course it has fairways greens bunkers and ruff..not all that fussed about the scenery..it doesn't seem to come into my shot calculations at all.

As for the graphics both Cabo and Whistler appear, how does one put it ....sort of plastic like.

Greens to be honest (not that i can putt anyway) are ridiculous 

The above are just my opinions of what i have seen .

At the end of the day i played both courses, i was happy with both my rounds here and at Cabo.Would definitely play them again if they were free..(I play courses just as good for free) and don't see any advantage to pay to play.

Thanks once again 

Raelenerose

• Singaporeman
    28 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 2:00 AM

Wow! i have several peoblems especially hole #3. Scored my worst yet 77! anyway, satisfied with score. made a triple bogey at #3... #3 have problems. hope can see bolloxinbruges's one in youtube!

• clemmo1234
    41 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 2:32 AM

just played the course and payed 40 credits was it made for the playstation 1 graphics are terrible what a shame

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:30 AM

Agree with most of what has been said.  It is a cool course and i like the elevation changes, but putting, for me, was like try to play a round of mini golf after slamming home a 12 pack.  i played it a few times for good measure, and doubt i will play it again, at least until they stop charging for it.  There isn't anything that resembles a straight putt on that course.  Dont get me wrong i like a challenge, but to have to play 1 foot of break on a 2 -3 foot putt 11 times a round gets a bit frustrating.  I'm sure after 20 or so rounds there i would get the hang of it.  I will say this, you might as well remove the "concede putt" button all together if that course is a available for MPC.  No putts are "good" at that place.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:54 AM

Why are every one slating the challenge of this course & greens, what do you all want Flat Bethpage style greens?  This is a decent addition (stocking filler) untill WGT release their new courses and graphics aside its fun and challenging to play and the greens will make you think for a change. Beats playing St Andrews over and over anyway.

If you begrudge paying 60c for a round then enter the ready go. The more courses we have the better it is!

Oh, by the way, i must be the first to score a Hole in one at Chateau Whistler too, you wont get a better reading of the slope on green than this (or maybe a lucky slice!)

Hole in , Whistler #16

Scored a nice 55, but lower IS POSSIBLE! (managed 3 eagles,including Hole in 1)

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 5:59 AM

Nice course...in HD solution could be awesome!!!!

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:00 AM

chrisironsbones:

Oh, by the way, i must be the first to score a Hole in one at Chateau Whistler too, you wont get a better reading of the slope on green than this (or maybe a lucky slice!)

Hole in , Whistler #16

Hey Man Cygnus3000, got one on the 13.03.2012  at #10 

Maybe the first on that hole though :)  

• Singaporeman
    28 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 7:00 AM

TheLighterDark:

Just played my first round. Shot a 57 with eagles on #7 and #9. 

Great course, magnificently beautiful.

Thanks WGT! Look forward to wearing this one out over the next few weeks. :)

• alekandr
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 7:43 AM

chrisironsbones:

Why are every one slating the challenge of this course & greens, what do you all want Flat Bethpage style greens?  This is a decent addition (stocking filler) untill WGT release their new courses and graphics aside its fun and challenging to play and the greens will make you think for a change. Beats playing St Andrews over and over anyway.

If you begrudge paying 60c for a round then enter the ready go. The more courses we have the better it is!

Hole in , Whistler #16

Scored a nice 55, but lower IS POSSIBLE! (managed 3 eagles,including Hole in 1)

Yours is 14th March. Mine however is the 13th ;) It's a tossup between Cygnus3000 and Myself for the first HIO on the 13th, based on the fact that I'm in the UK, and play ahead easily by  6-9hours, its a hard one to judge ;)

Alekandr: replay.aspx?ID=72a26cb1 14ba 47d2 9af4 a01301846e05 13/04/2012

Cygnus3000: replay.aspx?ID=c446e71b 3a3d 4253 9209 a01400113220 13/04/2012

RSS