Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:32 AM

Just played my first round. Shot a 57 with eagles on #7 and #9. 

Great course, magnificently beautiful.

Thanks WGT! Look forward to wearing this one out over the next few weeks. :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:55 AM

I agree, It is a very nice course. Just Finished the Front9, Par 37... ....shot a -4  33. Had to use my 3wood on a couple of holes off the Tee on the Par4's  and the Pars 5's (3)  are reachable in 2 shots. I will be playing it again and looking forward to playing 18holes

-Roger

** Edit.. There is a Free 18 hole Single comp at the moment.  Wish I saw that before ...lol

• deninovak
    7 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:39 AM

great course,i dont like  graphics from true golf, but golf course is magnificent

btw., i have hit hole in one, on 8 hole :D

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:42 AM

Whistler is a mother!

Tricky putting.

Shortcomings of the graphics notwithstanding, it is nice to see a mountain course - as an old hillbilly myself. Also, we now have North America covered.

(Thanks, I see the free 18-hole tournament is on the main tournament screen. Funny place to put it for a change.)

There do not seem to be any awards for this course.

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:42 AM

my 1st impressions are all positive...v nice course with greens well mapped...no case of liein dot's after 18 holes...would need to be super fit to walk that course...had 50 ft uphill on 1 approach

good job !!

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:44 AM

Yes, absolutely beautiful course. THANK YOU WGT. shot my avg (66) with 3 bogeys and 2 beautiful eagles and just had a blast Thx again. Can't wait for the one in the wings.lol

Tony

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:11 AM

Totally agree, gr8 addition and very different from other strokeplay courses on WGT. Nice slopes and elevation.  Graphics not HD but better than Cabo. Putting can be tough, especially with championshipgreenspeeds. No awards yet, suggestion: "Whistler Winner". .....oh, have 2 go, time 2 play again.....:-)

Cheers, GC 

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:30 AM

Good job WGT; nice bit of variety in comparison to the other courses. Many people struggle to judge shots into severe up and downslopes, so this course should help a lot to better their play. Each hole generally only has one good putting position and it's easy to face a very tricky putt if you get above the cup.

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:35 AM

Very nice course indeed. Is it just me or are the elevations wrong on the third hole at the tee off?? The arrow is pointing up when it is an obvious major decline.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:40 AM

A very nice course indeed, a lovely stocking filler as you could say.  Much better than cabo. Rented the G20's and bought the G20 wood and tested them out at whistling.  Wow, why does playing whistling feel like christmas? Irons meter so slow i'm pressing way early .LOL  Thanks wgt

Hole 2 says 56 feet up slope, on the tee it looks like its down slope, i thought it was a mistake so went for my driver, PLOP 280 yards into water, it clearly is RIGHT, its UP!.lol

RSS