Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:18 AM

Played the R/Go before for the first time. The Tourny green speed is so much better than the Killer Champ speed on these greens.

I shot a 65 (happy with that) in the R/Go, with 31 putts total (not happy with that..lol).  No Bogeys and No 3 putt holes and I'm really happy with that.

I Still like the course. I haven't been in too much trouble, but from Tee to green It's quite easy. The Greens, I would say are the toughest on Wgt... Dare I say it, even tougher than Oak. This is where you can make or break a great round.  I just have to learn where is the best place to land on the greens to make it that little bit easier,  not sure there is one though...lol. Time will tell.

I ended up having no backspin on my approach shots, I've noticed that there is an insane amount of run (backspin) on some of the greens, this proved to work better than having the backspin on. Topspin might be a better option.

Overall, it's a very nice course. Thanks Wgt

Now we have Whistler, maybe Wgt can think of releasing Cabo to the Social Clubs... Just a Thought.

Cheers

Roger

• alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 3:17 AM

Kills only balls that....... Never start there again, and the optik is to bad, to see that anymore.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 6:42 AM

mantis0014:
    Dare I say it, even tougher than Oak.

No way, its small yardage holes are only protected by the tough greens, but get used to where to land and i think it will produce sub 52.  I managed 55 after 2nd ready go, and missed 2 easy birdie chances on #10 and #11 for a 53.  The top players will score just as low (or lower) than cabo!

• Fidschi
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 7:02 AM

Absolutely agree ... this course look cheap, no details and totally artificial .... and it kills balls like hell .... no way ... never agin ... ridiculous course !!!

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 7:43 AM

im not really sure on this one really.. a great driving course had fun trying to drive some greens in 1 although i havnt done so yet maybe from the easier tees it should be possible. the greens are crazy it feels like oakmonts older nasty brother to me like the 12th green wow wat a stress full green lol. i will play it again but not as much as i thought i would. wgt have done well the graphics arnt to bad. 

anyone that shoots in the 50s on this course give yourself a pat on the back very difficult putting course it would be good in alt shot!!! just an idea

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:22 AM

xtabent:

I agree with a few here No:12 PIN needs changing, had a 3 ft putt cross ways ,liped it and end up 22 feet away,hit next putt to inside a foot and went 17feet back down the hill...

Its a PUTT Putt green

I disagree entirely. The 12th green is a putt, putt, putt green ;)

Jack.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:58 AM

xtabent:

I agree with a few here No:12 PIN needs changing, had a 3 ft putt cross ways ,liped it and end up 22 feet away,hit next putt to inside a foot and went 17feet back down the hill...

Its a PUTT Putt green

lol, had a nice 6 putt myself there last night.

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:42 PM

Too bad nobody wants to play on it.   Been trying to get a multiplayer stroke game going for hours and everyone keeps declining Whistler.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:21 PM

mantis0014:

Played the R/Go before for the first time.

Cheers

Roger

me too....

8 under for front 9 then got eaten alive on the back 9....finished on a 63....so once i'm used to the back 9 i'll hammer it.

tbe

• DCI962B
    36 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:38 PM

Posted a solid 26 on the front of whistler with and eagle on all of the par 5's. Hoping i have the front nine record for now but wondering if anyone has topped that yet.

RSS