Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:24 PM

cycle1979:

piztaker:

Hate it. It looks like an explosion in a artificial flower shop. If I need a headache I'll drink more beer.

People love to complain

Would you rather I lied? I thought this was about opinions.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:28 PM

cappiest:

Have played this course several times in real golf....great addition....should be enjoyed by all i think. Very scenic venue.

Agreed Cappie.  A very enjoyable course in real life!  But the best part of playing it on WGT?  You don't have to drive the See-Me-Fly (sic) highway! lol  I've always found it tough to pry my fingers off the steering wheel and relax them enough in time for the 1st tee when playing here.

And for any of you non-locals.....please don't mind the occasional clouds of smoke you may encounter.  That's just the local Fauna enjoying the local Flora.  Besides, it's all second-hand anyway....just ask Ross Rebagliatti!  lol

Nice work with this one guys.  And thanks for finally adding one from the Great White North into the mix.  Beauty stuff, eh?   ; )

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:30 PM

TruGolf does the Whistler course no justice. It would have been nice to see whistler shot in HD. It was quite boring to me, and I withdrew after the sixth hole. There's just no depth to those TruGolf courses. The Ready-Go players will like it though.

No new equipment for Legends.

Just a mediocre update. The U.S. Open course will be worth the wait.

**Don't forget to clear your browser cache**

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:58 PM

Played it today and it will be the last. It probably would be great if WGT shot it. Seems a lot of people like it which is good and adds another course but just prefer the real courses myself. 

HAWK

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 1:34 PM

Not agreeing with everyone else about Whistler, but hopefully more rounds will change my opinion.. it's like Cabo with a lot more slope.. greens are very tricky.. can't get a putt with less than 2 or 3 breaks in it...

CM

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 1:43 PM

very challenging although as mentioned earlier a few green elevations etc seem to be around the wrong way. not sure if ille play it again but really looking forward to the "real" wgt course in april

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 1:51 PM

yep, not liking this course.. tee-to-green, it's ok, but enough already with the slope of the greens.. never seen so many putts inside 15 feet that have plus or minus 5 inches of slope...  I also seemed to hit a number of shots like this one...

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b27e4afa-8106-45ae-a81c-a0130157634d

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:01 PM

I could give a better critique of the Whistler course if the undulations of the greens could be better viewed. The slopes can only be seen from a ground camera angle. Otherwise they look flat.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:23 PM

I cannot believe people are saying this course is "beautiful"?? Maybe in rl, maybe if shot in even SEMI HD. As it sits now, I'd like what some of you people are smoking before you played this course, because I've seen better vistas and landscapes in my 8 year old daughters paintings, and that is NO lie.  Just wow, what people will settle for nowadays.  Not a chance in hell I will spend another credit on it.. Have at it.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:16 PM
    hmmm, tough putting course, yes! Beautiful? don't think so. Not worth my credits to play. A very lateral move, unworthy of a real wgt course. none of my nickles spent there.
RSS