Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 10:48 AM

Hate it. It looks like an explosion in a artificial flower shop. If I need a headache I'll drink more beer.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:08 AM

piztaker:

Hate it. It looks like an explosion in a artificial flower shop. If I need a headache I'll drink more beer.

People love to complain

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:11 AM

Course Is great, some hole distance on the approach shot seem to be wrong, mostly the ball falls short.  

Greens are a nightmare ( at least to me )  very hard to find a flat area. Would like to see this as a free course don't like the idea of having to pay so I won't play it  very much.

Might play the RG at least there you have a chance to get some credits back  .

• stallion860
    3,312 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:18 AM

Kriztjan:
    pinplacement at 4 needs overlooking, breaks allover the place but not right way, similair to Cabo 11 but worse.

I agree Kriztian.I was 3.9 feet pin high right and dots clearly moving right to left but the putt certainly broke right at the hole.Then of course I had to miss the return 3 footer which is the same optical illusion from the other side.It must be a trademark of TruGolf to throw a couple of these in on each course they give us.That aside I like the addition also.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:19 AM

Much, much better than Cabo ... if it was a "real" WGT course it would be fantastic. I like the fact that you're faced with choices on just about every tee shot -- very refreshing and a nice change of pace compared to the other courses.

That said, I still can't stomach the green fees so I won't be playing it much.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:28 AM

Looks pretty good. I like the elevation on just about every hole. Greens are hard but true. 12th hole reminds me a little of cabo 18. I landed it 1ft to the left of the hole just shaved the cup as it came back down and i ended up 12ft down the bottom of the hill. It's gonna play very different depending on the wind set. 

Overall i like it. Well done wgt.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:41 AM

Fun layout, putting is sure tough though!

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:02 PM

Have played this course several times in real golf....great addition....should be enjoyed by all i think. Very scenic venue.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:04 PM

First time seeing it I shot a 58! Insert celebratory dance here...

Amazing course. It is a shame it is not in HD as the views would be breathtaking. By far the best course on WGT as far as elevation changes.  A few of the greens are really challeging, a couple of times I got lucky and an errant shot funneled back to the hole, but a few other times I stuck a shot only to have it roll 20+ feet away.

I also see WGT having some fun with this course like they do with Cabo and moving the tees up. Several of the par 4s would be drivable and the par 5's easy eagle holes.

Overall, a fun addition to the WGT course lineup. Will play again for sure...

• RoughAndBunkers
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:11 PM

relatively easy course. shot a 65 with 7 birds, 1eagle, 2bogeys(one of them was 1 3putt from 7feet on #5. that green is crazy)
     short course with alot of wedges into par 4s and eagle chances on par 5s.
    elevation changes are nice.
    greens are just brutal though 

RSS