Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:56 AM

Ironically, I woke up to snow this morning, just down the road and over the dotted white line from Whistler.  This course is part of the world famous Whistler and Blackcomb ski area, and as we play it today, it is in reality, under about 15 feet of snow!

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:13 AM

Ice, more like it...them greens are slick ;)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:22 AM

Played the single play free round this morning before work,,,,,,,,  skipped the morning cup of coffee, and must say it was not a bad course to play(actually, quite fun)  still don't think I will go spending the credits to play it regularly.  

By far, much better than Cabo IMHO.  The double breaker Eagle on 18 made it all the more fun for me ;-).

replay.aspx?ID=a7f0ee5e c836 4ef7 a55b a01300e1f4ae

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:29 AM

dfDurbs:

Ice, more like it...them greens are slick ;)

Must be the Championship greens. The Tournament greens are hard to read, so it is easy to waste birdie opportunities, but there seem to be no serious 3-putt dangers.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:41 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    I will wait for evening and see what the the moon looks like, bet its gorgeous.

I'd recommend the 8th to see the moon rise, The vista is amazing, and a lovely lake to see the shimmering moons reflection.

The Rhododendrons are to die for, wish I had some like that in my garden :)

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:42 AM

Just finished playing it wonderful course and some sick greens, I managed a par round with 6birds, 6 pars and 6 bogeys, lmao. I found the greens to be a real challange and the course to be a fun one. Definatly a more enjoyable course then Cabo. Graphics are not as nice as WGT course but still a fun play and worth spending some credits on it to play a round. Great addtion WGT.

Thanks,

Mes.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:09 AM

Great addition. Absolutely love the changes in elevation from the tee and to the greens. The huge slopes on the greens are a challenge but without doubt this course will see some ridiculous low scoring in the weeks ahead. In heavy winds it will be a great challenge. Well done WGT and TruGolf.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:17 AM

I had a 3 putt and a 4 putt. As I said, you can't charge it at the hole and then nonchalantly knock in the return putt from 5 ft (cos your usually 12 ft away)

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:49 AM

Ive just teed off at the Full 18 RG, on second hole my drives carries about 270

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=73daff0a-75fe-45c5-90dc-a01301126cf1

Went at it again and same result, ball ended up in the deep rought this time, made a nice tripplebogey

Third hole i hit a 3w of the tee, same result, ball just dives

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e877c982-3adc-4858-8bf5-a0130114d82e

Looks like some serious spinnbugs.

Icon, ill finish the round and post more replay here that are buggy ones and i expect full refund on RG fee and balls.

• BogeyMan310
    865 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:49 AM

I thought I was a pretty decent putter till I played this course, Master 68, this course humbled me to no end, I had some 3 putts on the first 4 holes and then I settled down a little, ended with some birdies, Beautiful course WTG, job well done, really enjoyed it.  Thank you for the free play, I might even spend some credits on green fees, I really enjoyed getting humbled, back to ST. Andrews and Kiawha.

RSS