Forums

Help › Forums

How can you shoot a 53 at BPB without cheating?

Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:38 AM (55 replies)
  • RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:31 PM

Ben Hogan said it best: "The answer is in the dirt."

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:20 PM

Since its only 2 courses at the moment..you play the same ones plenty of times....knowing where and how far to hit...and its all about ringin the bell after that

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:27 PM

Masters can flat play. When they are given the opportunity to play BPB over and over again from the white tees, believe me, they will.

It is great fun to play using the Master clubs. Both 5 par holes are reachable in two using as little as a 5 or 6 iron. Holes # 5, #7, #9 along with #10, #12, #16 and #18 all play as easy par holes with strong option for birdie and the remaining par 4 holes are easy birdie holes. Sadly, #15 is still no bargain...at all. The par 3 holes offer birdie opportunities but #3 and #17 are still difficult birds,  but easy to par.

But as I said, it is such great fun just to go on birdie binges at Beth with many eagles along the way. I doubt that there is not a single Master who isn't having a ball trying to see just how low things can go.

For me, it is a nice change. I am  really enjoying the game again just like I used to.

• foley1362
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:33 PM

PRACTICE, practice and MORE PRACTICE.  I've been a master for over 6 months or so now, I think, and I just shot my first 59 yesterday on Kiawah.  Wanna know how?  I bought the upgraded clubs 3 weeks ago and PRACTICED and got lucky or hot or on a streak, or any other NORMAL golf term you can think of.

Anybody that has an avg of 60 or lower certainly didn't get it overnight, and they are constantly on the leader board of almost every tournament in here, including the weekly's.  Which I personally think is great, because it mean's they are active and helping to keep the site great.

I've worked hard for my current 62.79 and will continue to work harder to compete with the big guns myself.

Now let's go watch some real golf and get rid of that ugly C word on here!

~Gentleman's game

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:39 PM
    i will say that there are programs out there that 1 could use to their advantage.are people here on this site using them is the question?????????hmmmm...
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 4:56 PM

And if you'll glance down the list you'll see some 26 or 7 people under 60 which makes it more believable ...not the cheating part i mean ... the part about masters , clubs, and practice ...

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:14 PM
    i agree with u don but u can't rule out the possibility. if its out there then u never know.
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:17 PM

I never accused anyone of cheating. I never tried to change someone's opinion. Yet i'm the knucklehead. Yes i watched the piece on 60 minutes. So you are saying that gaming die-hards dont cheat just to be the best? Ok. It doesnt matter if its for profit or not people will try to beat the system. I respect all the players who shoot in the 50's. This is a great game and I enjoy myself here. Good luck to all and go as low as you can. Everyone has their opinions, I have mine. I believe that many of the best players are shooting 55 because they are good. I think that some are cheaters. Its human nature. Some people are honest some aren't. Well anyways hit em straight all, and enjoy the game.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:26 PM

TaterNater:
    i will say that there are programs out there that 1 could use to their advantage.are people here on this site using them is the question?????????hmmmm...

I'm no techy and wouldn't begin to know what to look for in programs that could cheat the game.  Would love to know more about these proposed programs so I could know what to watch for or if they are detectable.  There was a question a few months back about a player that purchased on of these programs.  The only real cheat factor I have personally observed is certain players creating multiple accounts to compete multiple times in premium tourneys for nice prizes.  Would love to call a few of them out like  J_____B__ but we're not allowed to list names in here.  As for the top players, AvLee, Bollox, Nivlac, etc. I can say they are people of integrity and I don't have the first question about the legitimacy of there scores.  Dudes can flat play.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:39 PM

TaterNater:
    i agree with u don but u can't rule out the possibility. if its out there then u never know.

agreed ... it's a possibility ...

RSS