Help › Forums

Short game woes

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:44 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • melcom6
    11 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:23 PM

there is no secret unluckly like me started 1 month ago you have to play good and play alot to become better in this game!!all the shots you make gets better if you know the courses and your clubs better and the putter speed and what it does to you!!to make it easier you have to see your mistakes and work with it thats what i do.Remember theres not just one putting line in one putt it all depends on the speed you hit it and the you ajust accordingly!!hope this helps you and just play more dont look at your score for the moment it will get better i promise.If you want you can add me as a friend so we can play together sometimes and i can show you give tips.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:45 PM

Darbous:
    With the caveat that I've only played this game for a day.....I've played a lot of different golf games since way back in the sega genesis and standup bar golf games......I've been pretty good at most of them.

Darbous:
    cmon guys.  this game looks great and plays great, until you get to the short shots.....I mean, I understand you're trying to sell stuff to people that suck like me......But I'm not buying when the mechanic seems so screwed...

Dude, chill out a touch.  You've been a member here for 2 freakin days.  What were you expecting,  to be shooting 10 under par after 10 minutes of practice?  How realistic would that be?   Read those guides and use practice rounds to sharpen your skills if you don't want them to count on your avg because you're trying different things out.

Yes practice.  "We're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice."

It may be hard to swallow that initially you're not quite as much of a rockstar as you were with Luc Robitaille of the Kings in NHL 93 on the Genesis, but I have full confidence that with a little "practice" you'll be just fine. ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:47 PM

OaktheToke:
    It may be hard to swallow that initially you're not quite as much of a rockstar as you were with Luc Robitaille of the Kings in NHL 93 on the Genesis

LOL Oak-quite the truth. Golf is a humbling game as it is and to come here and have to submit to that same humility to master this game might be asking a little much of a gamer. This fact alone should emphasize the reality of the game. You aint pointing and clicking your way to the top. 

@Darbous-the best thing you can do, especially if you're a real golfer, is to play this game as you would for real. Are you going to take a dainty swing out of 40-50 rough because the club says it can go so far? Or are you going to practice how 40-50 rough affects your swing and yardage? This applies to all the shots you have at your disposal and buying clubs is not going to fix this. You have to learn whatever you're hitting. Your K-Mart specials aren't going to perform like the pro shop versions but you still have to know how whatever you use performs.  

There are some real sharp golfers on this site and you're really going to have to work to hang with them. There's cartoon golf if you want to instantly be at the top. This aint it. GL

• jasonmgomez
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:11 AM

neildiamond11790:
    Dont forget you have flop option.

Neil,

in regards to the quote above, I cannot seem to find the option to change my shot type when coming out of the rough around the green.  I have seen other people refer to these options as well,  can you help me on this?  It would be VERY helpful to be able to flop from the rough around the green but the program seems to default the shot selection to a chip.  Or even to punch out of the deep rough to the fairway.

I almost hesitate to ask but my searching has proven fruitless so far.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jason

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 2:10 AM

jasonmgomez:
    I cannot seem to find the option to change my shot type when coming out of the rough around the green.  I have seen other people refer to these options as well,  can you help me on this?

Jason,

Lower left of your screen will look like this:

Click ON the word FULL and you will see this:

Then you may choose whatever type of shot you wish.

(You can also change clubs this way, by clicking on the club itself.)

Hope this helps you.

Peace

• jasonmgomez
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 2:55 AM
    my eternal gratitude snaike! This is exactly what i was looking for! now, lets go see if i can knock off those triple bogeys at Bethpage Black... wish me luck. jason. ps. happy heart day.
  • jasonmgomez
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 3:17 AM

snaike,

that tip was simple but unbelievable!  front 9 of bethpage black and i shoot a 31.  4 birds, 2 of them chip ins.  my average before this was a 40 for 9 holes on this course.

a 12 pack of virtual beer to you, sir or madam.  many happy returns, you have earned one helluva addition to your karma bank.

thanks x infinity.

jason.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:44 PM

jason, just remember something on the flop option, and really any shot type, the default angle and body angle is to go at the pin.  I dont know about how you or others play real golf, but my flop shots and bunker shots have the clubface aimed at my target, but my body is aimed a good 30 degrees from target.  Same holds true for this game, flops will often go to the right of your aimed target.

• PAGES
RSS