Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go Robbery

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 15 2010 10:38 PM (50 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:03 AM

Oh yeah DS, you must be a brain surgeon. I have always said that a majority of the consistent -12 handicappers on this site use a macro of some sort to ensure a perfect strike each time. 

You should try a little practice and figure the game out and quit calling people cheats sir!  A few maybe, but the majority no, if you think your statement is true, buy me a new Dell, and you sir can have this one. I will personally demonstrate its performance for you before you leave with it so as to make sure you know you have the right one.

There are literally 50 different mouse-macro utilities available and unless they want to take their bottom line profit to zero, they could not program to detect each and every one.

To that thought I might add, for a two years this game didn't cost anyone a penny. You assumptions are just that, assumptions.

• dsfreeworld
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:23 AM

claremoreblue:

You should try a little practice and figure the game out and quit calling people cheats sir!  A few maybe, but the majority no

At least you acknowledge that there are cheats, even in your mind.  With that said, I appreicate your candor and maybe the cheats will be weeded out one day. 

For now though, this thread was meant to be a question of fairness on the strucutre of the Ready Go's.  Any thoughts on that?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:28 AM

First of all, the developers don't need to check for each and every utility.  All they need to do is get a list of the processes running on one's computer.  Once they have the list of processes they can filter it and see if anything comes up out of the ordinary. 

Under WGT terms and conditions please note the following paragraph.

Acknowledgement

YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER’S PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME SOFTWARE, AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY "BOT" OR "SPIDER" THAT IN WORLD GOLF TOUR’S SOLE DETERMINATION ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE OR ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE GAME SOFTWARE.

In my opinion it would be foolish to think that one could get away with cheating.  The individual will eventually be caught.

Now, myself, after more than 1500 rounds I'm still learning.  To me that is what golf is all about.

As for a new computer, these would be my specs:

Intel Dxs50 motherboard

4-gig Ram, 1300 Front side bus

intel 3.6 extreme CPU, quad core

high end Nvidia PCI express VideoCard, Sli-mode

E710 math coprocessor board. 

Donations accepted. LOL

• dsfreeworld
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:39 AM

Infinito3010:

Now, myself, after more than 1500 rounds I'm still learning.  To me that is what golf is all about.

And your thoughts on the tiers for the Ready Go's?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:59 AM

Tiers in the ready go I feel are about even DS, but that is only my opinion. I have played many pro's that are very difficult to beat with the upgraded clubs. I have won a bunch and lost some also playing pro's.

I realize on the outside looking in club wise, you might feel we have an advantage with master clubs, but until you have played from the back tee's in ranked mode, the master level and club deviation is very difficult to overcome. When you miss by a pixel with a 175 yard approach, it is a mile off when it gets to the hole.

God luck and keep trying, your on the right path to success.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:43 AM

WGT is making Ready-Go improvements on this upcoming release.  Perhaps your questions  will be answered. 

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 7:42 PM

Tiers are Tiers and cheating is cheating.

I played a very low averaged 61or 60 player today. who hit within almost 3-5 ft  but he couldn't putt to save his life, I could've swore that he was mentally handicapped. I was hitting mega putts,  It was a matchplay challenge with 3 lead changes and it all came down to the last hole. He was by far the best player I've played, but also the worse. perfect drives and perfect approaches. but couldn't read a hill on a green. if he was any decent he would easily be shooting 58's on average.

After running into him I just have the urge to stop it. I already knew of the cheating. but after losing to it playing a great game, it is very demoralizing and it cost me money.  

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:26 AM

Maybe the person was having a bad putting day.   I've had those, even at this point in time.  Or perhaps he was playing with you, keeping you in the game to make things interesting.

I've had games where my AVG DISTANCE TO PIN was inside of 5 feet.

I guess I must've been cheating in those games as well.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:30 AM

oppy:

it would be pretty sad if people were going this far out of their way to compete in WGT

really ,   you belive this?       People will do almost anything for money,  and  if you look at the top money earners on here   you will see it is significant $ they are getting. I surely dont condone it, but I am sure people will go WAY out of their way to win.

ohh    and on the teirs in the ready goes,   I think there would be less payout for the top players if this were the case.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:50 AM

wizbang360:
    you will see it is significant $ they are getting.

I sure hope you don't think this is real money...............

RSS