Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go Robbery

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 15 2010 10:38 PM (50 replies)
  • dsfreeworld
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:56 PM

I wanted to get a general ense from the rest of the community on the format of the ready go.  It is not a fair tournament by any stretch and I feel like it will hundreds of us to get WGT to move on their position.  I will break this down simply:

My View:

Making different tier players simply play from their respective tee boxes is not good enough.  I have seen and been involved in several ready gos where I shoot my best as a PRO, in today's case 3 under on 9, and I would hold sole possession of 2nd amongst all pros but instead I am in fifth because there is a 3 way tie for first with 5 under scores by three masters who hold handicaps up to 7 strokes better than me and are simply better golfers at WGT than me or other pros. 

Secondly, if WGT is smart enough to separate by tier for other premium pay tourneys why not apply that logic to ready go?  Separating tee boxes does not help the amateur with an 80 avg. against the pro with the 70 nor the pro against the master with the 60.  Your as good as you are from your tee box.

WGT's View - nonsensical tee box differentiation

Again, tell me I am whining, tell me you agree, tell me you dont care.  i want to hear what your thoughts are.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:28 PM

I do feel it is unfair to hacks/amateurs and most pros.

But, on the flip side.   I suspect that there may not be enough participation in the hack/amateur tier ones to really meet the RG type of game they're pushing.   Everyday I see complaints of people who are trying to figure out why they can't enter another RG of the same format (due to the current 24 hour setup).   I can only imagine how many more threads we'll have when a RG takes a day or more to fill, which becomes a 2+ day wait before being able to participate in another of the same format.

edit:  And we'll probably see an increase in "sandbagging" in the Pro ranks, and you just may end up being in the same position again.

• holebrowser
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:41 PM

If they divided it up by tiers then you would have sandbaggers and posers taking you for a ride anyways. I play ready go's everyday, against much better players than myself, sometimes I lose, sometimes I win but typically I break even. It is incentive for me to play better. If you want to play only pros then stick to the match play challenges where you can select who you play against or the weekly tournaments that are divided by tiers. Just be glad that there are so many states that don't allow the ready go's or the competition would be even tougher. Happy hitting............

• Randy209
    65 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:45 PM
    You guys are missing the point. It'll never be fair unless WGT can figure out how to stop the meter cheats untill then it doesn't matter what tee box you play from. Look at these scores the same peps are posting. I'm a master and play pretty good but I still can't compete with cheats.
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:10 PM

If you read "Terms and Conditions" and under the section "Acknowledgment"  you will read that WGT monitors all our processes to ensure no software is interacting with their own to provide any unfair advantage.  Thus I quote

Acknowledgement

YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER’S PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME SOFTWARE, AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY "BOT" OR "SPIDER" THAT IN WORLD GOLF TOUR’S SOLE DETERMINATION ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE OR ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE GAME SOFTWARE.

• Longshire
    186 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:24 PM

Dude..U my friend..1 of the few..and I will spell it out for U..cause U know I'm on it.

Fugg all that inbetwix bs..If U make the decision to enter a ready-go...U are saying..I can compete..regardless!

If U do well..Kudos!..If U do poorly...no blame ceptin for U know who.

If U cain't take the heat..stay out the U know whats!

Anyways..not to diss U dog..just sayin!

• Randy209
    65 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:28 PM
    Ok check this out http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/online-golf-in-pursuit-of-the-perfect-swing/
  • Randy209
    65 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:29 PM

So look at that and tell me there not programing there meters lol

• holebrowser
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:56 PM

Randy209:

So look at that and tell me there not programing there meters lol

Those are gaming network cards, they only make your computer better at prioritizing it's resources and using them for the gaming application. Anyone can buy one and it's not cheating it's just upgrading the computer you play on. It may give you a better meter to work with but ultimately you still are the one clicking the mouse.

• Randy209
    65 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:01 PM

So your telling me you cant progam your mouse for a perfect ding everytime?

RSS