Forums

Help › Forums

Just made pro, what to spend 150 credits on?

Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:23 AM (20 replies)
  • adhawkins
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:59 AM

Hi all

Just made it to the 'Pro' tier. Got 150 credits to spend. Is it best to get a new driver, or putter. Currently, putting is the weakest part of my game, but I'm not sure I can blame that on the club!

Any advice appreciated.

Andy

• Travbchiln
    38 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:57 AM

adhawkins:
    . Currently, putting is the weakest part of my game

Drive for show and putt for dough will ALWAYS stand true. I upraded asap and shaved a few strokes rite away,  just by having a little more forgivness. No offense 2 WGT, but id rather use a branch out of the woods than the starter putter. lol( stopd missn tap ins, lol) , just look into the club stats and know what ur spending ur hard earnd credits on. Congrats & GL,

Travs2credits 

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 1:52 PM

I've been playing since last June and have used nothing but the starter equipment until a couple of weeks ago.  I finally picked up a new club - The WGT Tour Pro 9.5 Driver.  It adds about 20 yards in distance and has taken about a stroke and half off my average.  It's also made the game much more enjoyable.  You don't have to necessarily get this club, but I would recommend a Driver for your 1st upgrade that's at least 20 yds longer than the starter driver.

Putting is key to this game, but I wouldn't be too quick to get a new putter right away.  My putting stats are actually pretty good - 95% 1 or 2 putts and 5% 3 putts or more and I've used nothing but the starter putter.  The key to my putting was finding a thread about 2 weeks after I started playing written buy one of the best players on here, Nivlac.  It really helped me and many others.  In fact WGT has it under the FAQ's "Putting Tips" ------------------------------------------->

Read it and I can just about guarantee that your putting will improve.  As noted, putting is key, but if you can't reach the greens in regulation, what's the point...lol.

Good Luck.

• rglrguy
    442 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:47 PM

I agree with Mem......Putting is the key.............however much of putting is reading the greens, and that comes with practice.

When I turned pro,I started with a complete set of the G10's ( the ones that came out first) and it helped my average by a couple of strokes. However my putting was still hit or miss...

So I would say get a good driver, and practice putting until you can't stand it anymore. You will see a good improvement in your score. 

my 2 cents worth.

rglrguy

p.s.      look me up and we'll play .....I'll help all I can

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:46 PM

i would upgrade to a better driver. Then you would be closer to the hole=closer approach shots-=shorter putts..but thats me..shoot an invite and we can play a round sometime..easier giving advice during a match..till then..silky shootin :o)

• LetsTryThis
    23 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:05 PM

Don't make the same mistake I did and get a better wedge and replace it with your hybrid...lol...turns out when you turn Pro, you need your hybrid a lot more. The wedge doesn't do you much good cuz you can't get close enough.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:37 PM

Driver.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:27 PM

DRIVER! without a doubt.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:07 PM

DRIVER..