Forums

Help › Forums

This is getting out of hand

Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:13 AM (50 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 1:18 PM

LMAO D-talk to SweetiePie about the buzz. Besides, you should already be primed by that time having bought out the Beer Cart anyway!

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:02 PM

YankeeJim:

LMAO D-talk to SweetiePie about the buzz. Besides, you should already be primed by that time having bought out the Beer Cart anyway!

YankeeJim:

hahahahha you guys are f***** nuts man ...LOL

• Titleist4life
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 1:30 PM

how about the ability to sell your clubs to other people. Huh

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:20 PM

Would no doubt be less profitable for WGT than the current option to sell back to WGT. Although, of course, WGT might permit this, as a nice gesture towards users, while always retaining a certain percentage of every such user-to-user transaction.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 3:15 PM

Titleist4life:
    how about the ability to sell your clubs to other people. Huh

LOL-I can see it now-ID's all over the place, owned by the same clown that buys 1 set of stuff and sells it to his other ID, playing the same tournament at the amateur level and so on and so forth. Champion idea.

• dickie40
    37 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:15 PM
    It is so true. You rock man!
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:25 PM

What YankeeJim says is no valid objection. Why would anyone buy stuff for one's duplicate account, while losing money to WGT (who would get provision off each user-to-user sale), if anyone can simply purchase any equipment directly for that duplicate account. Remember that no credit-card is necessary to purchase credits on WGT.com; just an anonymous email address is enough, and any anonymous email address can be associated with any anonymous PayPal account.

Therefore, Titleist4life's proposal is excellent, but I'm afraid it won't get implemented, because implementing it would be less profitable for WGT than the current direct sell-back to WGT's store.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 5:39 PM

Faterson:
    What YankeeJim says is no valid objection.

LOL-Given the current flap about sandbaggers I have no doubt that someone would no doubt give it a try.  I establish an ID. I buy stuff, use it to win whatever then sell it to my second ID (me) ostensibly cheaper  than buying new. Win more stuff and sell it to my 3rd ID. Win more stuff. WGT's net gain-whatever they sold the original set for plus whatever rake they get for inter-player sales. The players gain?-all that stuff for the price of 1 set of clubs and a few small commissions. Pretty basic stuff to cheaters. Anything to beat the system.

Unquestionably valid and a distinct possibility.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 6:02 PM

YankeeJim:
    The players gain?-all that stuff for the price of 1 set of clubs and a few small commissions.

Oops! You tripped up there, Jim. You forgot that player B must likewise have some credits to buy that second-hand equipment, so those would be additional expenses for the cheating player A.

What about the following sell-back structure? Just as an example:

• You sell your equipment to another player -> you receive 40% of the original price back.
    • The player buying second-hand equipment gets a 20% discount.
    • You cannot sell more than 1 ProShop item to any single player in one calendar year; you can gift the same player an unlimited amount of times throughout the year, though (with the current absurd limitation on gifting Pro/Master equipment cancelled, if the recipient is an eligible Pro/Master player).

In practical terms, this could mean: you sell your Spider putter (original price of $4) to another player who needs to pay $3.20 for it. You receive $1.60 back. WGT gets $1.60 back. You can't sell anything to the same player until 2011. Where's the problem? (Apart from, as has been said, lower profitability for WGT, compared to the direct sell-back to the ProShop.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 9:07 PM

There were no distinctions on pricing between players. If there are set prices between players set by WGT then the argument is moot.

RSS