Forums

Help › Forums

How to gift a non-member some equipment?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:52 AM (7 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:01 PM

I haven't tried this yet and just wonder how this will work.

I see the "gift" option in the proshop. After you click on this how will you give a NON-member a gift?

Do you give it to their "email address"?

I just wonder since they have no username yet or account how you can give them something. I have a few people that are not yet members in mind for this.

TIA

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 2:28 PM

Yes, you can gift to non-members by entering their email address. If you send a gift to a non-WGT member and that person registers to become a member, you will receive a free sleeve of WGT GI-D golf balls. If that person then deposits $10 or more at WGT, you will receive 200 credits in your account as a bonus.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 3:01 PM

Now thats what I call Customer Service!!

Thanks Alex.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:48 PM

Great thanks!   I'm off to do some recruting.....

• mengberg
    29 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 6:29 AM

Weel exaxtly how long time before u recive a bonus got zipped so far

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:34 AM

Having seen this appear (after a long break in cyber post history) I think maybe  it needs to be looked at

Surely this is madness.  What is to stop a player creating another email address and then in affect gifting himself/herself  equipment from his/her regular account. ready to start as a new (multi) account holder with clubs that would not be available to him/her after joining in the normal way?  Sandbaggers paradise !!!

How easy would it be?  extremely easy.  Many email accounts  can be obtained easily through many social network sites along with the many anonymous email accounts available.    A dynamic IP would also assist in "fraudulantly" obtaining a second/third etc account. 

This function has more holes than Swiss cheese and needs to be tightened in a way that these scenarios are not possible.  By all means reward the player that brings in new clients   by some form of bonus.  but don't allow  the system to be manipulated by some unscrupulous types with the additional ease to act in a way that they can cheat others

• mengberg
    29 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:02 AM

Hi AGAIN !!!

Still NO    Recruting  200 credit`s bonus

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:52 AM

mengberg:

Still NO    Recruting  200 credit`s bonus

Hi Mengberg,

You receive a sleeve of golf balls for referring a friend.  The 200 credits are awarded when that friend buys $10 in credits.  If your friend indicates they have done this, then please direct message me with their account name and we can take a look to see what the problem is.

RSS