Forums

Help › Forums

Is Protecting your handicap cheating?

Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:21 PM (57 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:59 PM

Perhaps what Pugs Ace so eloquently described could be referred to as the "Don Quixote" syndrome.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:12 PM

He did appear to be 'tilting' that way.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:57 PM

Soulcatcher:

He did appear to be 'tilting' that way.

Don Quixote: Dost not see? A monstrous giant of infamous repute whom I intend to encounter.

Sancho Panza: It's a windmill.

Don Quixote: A giant. Canst thou not see the four great arms whirling at his back?

Sancho Panza: A giant?

Don Quixote: Exactly.

"And so, to sum it all up, I perceive everything I say as absolutely true, and deficient in nothing whatever, and paint it all in my mind exactly as I want it to be." 

;^)

• GreatGolfenstein
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 1:55 AM

Puggs,

To sum up...puff puff pass.

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 3:45 AM

C'mon

1. You're kicking a dead horse.

2. You've drifted away from the main topic.

Either shake hands with F. and forget about everything or continue to foster your bad feeling (on both sides) but refrain from bringing it here. The fact that you still get back to the issue between you and him only reiterates that some of you... I will stop right here.

*** edit ***

I was notified that it was not F. whom you were referring to. Well, my apologies then. At least it illustrates where does bringing personal issues into this forum leads to.

Peace.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:06 AM

"He was spurred on by the conviction that the world needed his immediate presence."

"Ah, ah, now I understand you, Sancho! Oh yes, lots of times, and I feel it coming right now. Get me out of this pickle, because it's already pretty messy in here!"

... only to protect my handicap, when necessary... and to not stray too far off-topic.

;^)

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:12 AM

As a suggestion, I think that the method of determining the average should be changed, it needs to take more rounds into account, say 20 out of the last 30 (or even more!), and dropping both the highest 5 and lowest 5 rounds, not to mention placing a proper weighting on 9 hole rounds.  I know this suggestion moves away from the 'typical' way to calculate a handicap, but some things do not and will never translate well from real life into a game scenario...

Right on Lee. I just saw this off a guys page who's winning one of tourneys right now. Is this what your referring to?

Career Earnings 7.68 Stroke Play Tournaments Entered 59 Stroke Play Score Average 107.52 Stroke Play Top 10 Finishes 9 Stroke Play Top 100 Finishes 18 Total Ranked Rounds Played 94 Skill Challenge Tournaments Entered 75 Skill Challenge Top 10 Finishes 15 Skill Challenge Top 100 Finishes 19

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:16 AM

I know we have the option to play only 9 holes but I don't think the average should be adjusted based on a 9 hole round.

I think it should only be  affected by a full 18 hole round.

9 holes are not a complete round of golf.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 7:58 AM

not true, do you play in a 9 hole golf league after work? do the handicaps work there? yes. a player can put thier "handicap" wherever they want it in the current format here. why do you suppose there is so many "new" players here racking up credits in ready go's blasting away from amatuer and pro tees with the precise knowledge of previous mistakes from a former life. it is what it is until wgt cross checks accounts, ip addresses, just my opinion, just imagine being an ex master with near master equipment and balls that go far and stop on a dime. then let them play from pro tees, huge advantage especially on par threes. the new money leaders on the first page? who the hell are these guys? i have no idea, but i know most have risen from the ashes. as someone said on another thread, just my 2 cents worth. thx. JB

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:31 AM

jbenny11:
    the new money leaders on the first page? who the hell are these guys? i have no idea, but i know most have risen from the ashes.

Hey JB,

There was another thread about this and I think it's due to winning the random SkyCaddie draws.  Not ready-go earnings.

Lee

RSS