Help › Forums

Hitting the mouse at the right time

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:01 PM (27 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:19 PM

SweetiePie:
    By purposely choosing early or late, you eliminate one or the other as an outcome

Ah SP... you've never seen me play, have you...  lol..  I can try to hit early and still miss late.  Hell, I can try to hit late and miss altogether!!

As Inspector Whittier said to Agent 47...  "Beyond that, it's a crap-shoot."

(Happy New Year and grats on Master!!)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:32 PM

PugsAce:
    YJ? you don't intentionally miss the center line when hitting out of the sand, do ya?

As a matter of fact I do when I use the flop shot. The triangle lines up with the first mark to the left of perfect.  In fairway traps I play for par which basically means get out of the trap to a good 3rd shot. If on in 2 is a possibility then that sand shot has to be very close.

SweetiePie nailed it with the outcome scenario. Look at it this way-if you have a right to left wind and ding it or hit late the result will be close to your aim, definitely on the side of the aim. But, if you miss early not only is your aim out of the equation the ball immediately takes off to the left from the default aim point, not your aim point.  

I always try to ding the swing but I know I can't every time so the miss part is basically a mental thing making sure to miss on the correct side if the ding fails. I will tell you that high wind conditions are way easier to deal with. LOL-aim all you want then miss on the wrong side-goodbye. If you try this method do not adjust the default aim to start so you can see how missing affects the aim. Then go from there (I'm assuming practice mode for this kind of fooling around.)

Whatever works...................

YJ

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:39 PM

Hmmmm.... better to know your tendencies and compensate.... or adjust to your 'forced' tendencies??

I'd rather know myself than force myself.

JMHO

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:50 PM

Hmmmm.... better to know your tendencies and compensate.... or adjust to your 'forced' tendencies??

I'd rather know myself than force myself.

JMHO

Yeah... Keeps me reg'lar...and avoids mental constipation and braineroids... lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:59 PM

better to know your tendencies and compensate

Isn't knowing your tendencies knowing yourself?

LOL @ Pug

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:32 PM
    YJ.... I do the same thing with the 'no ding' meter swing'... and it seems to work out 'fair' enough... its good to know i am not alone... ps... i think by doing that i hide fairly effectively from the beast...
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:52 PM

sylverhare75:
    YJ.... I do the same thing with the 'no ding' meter swing'... and it seems to work out 'fair' enough... its good to know i am not alone... ps... i think by doing that i hide fairly effectively from the beast...

Looks like it's been effective in hiding you from the master's ranks, as well, Sylverhare...

OK...OK... I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

I just couldn't help myself! Just kidding, pal... forgive me?

:^)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:35 PM

Make him squirm, sylver!    ;-)

A side note on missing-it's good for getting you there but you need to be accurate around the green and nothing is better than the ding there. Slow, short backswings increase that likelihood such as you would get by using the larger scales on your putter, for instance. GL

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:01 PM

I use both methods.Now that the GI2's are available the meter is not much of an issue.I can pretty much stop it where I want to.There's a lot of  benefits from hitting early or late as well as the ding.Both ways works good for me.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:12 PM

Along this line, I have a question. I have 375 friends, have never deleted any of them, along with the posts to my blog nor any of the personal messages I have received, both of which are numerous. I have noticed that our top players keep friends and posts to the very bare minimum. Is this a way toward a smoother meter? If so, is there a quick way to make reductions aside from one at a time?

RSS