Forums

Help › Forums

Hitting the mouse at the right time

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 6 2010 7:01 PM (27 replies)
  • cougar1234
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:24 AM
    One of the major parts of this game which hurts my score is hitting the mouse button at the correct moment . Anyone found anything to help that?
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:57 AM

cougar-There are a number of ways to deal with it. You can buy clubs or balls that slow it down, if you're so inclined, or you can be like me and just plain suck at hitting perfect. I deal with it by actually playing to miss it. You can offset wind direction, steer putts, and adjust club distance by doing this. It takes a lot of practice to know how a miss will affect a particular shot and I'm sure the top golfers don't play this way. This is just what works for me because I like the fast meter and I'm lazy. :)

YJ

Just read this from Spack-he says it better

http://wgt.com/forums/p/7865/49486.aspx#49486

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:00 AM

I'm a little confused. Wouldn't it require talent to create the perfect miss hit as well?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:23 AM

Not only that, most club upgrades SPEED UP the meter!!!!!!!!!    (yes balls will help to slow it down though)

Now new clubs have better accuracy usually so maybe that helps to compensate for the faster speed, not sure, going to bite the bullet later today then I'll know. 

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:30 AM

NormH3:

I'm a little confused. Wouldn't it require talent to create the perfect miss hit as well?

lol... this is something that has confuzzled me, as well... and then having to deal with the additional yardage changes, both left/right and short/long has left me still seeking "the ding" on every stroke I attempt. But... to each his own!

YJ? you don't intentionally miss the center line when hitting out of the sand, do ya? I've found that when I mishit there, I get WIDELY-varied results... none of which are ever good. I s'pose it would depend on the lie% in the sand...

I try to reduce or eliminate as many "variables" as possible when playing this game. YJ's method may work for him... sadly, I still haven't found an ideal answer to the "ding question", and prob'ly never will.

Good Luck.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:47 AM

PugsAce:

NormH3:

lol... this is something that has confuzzled me, as well... and then having to deal with the additional yardage changes, both left/right and short/long has left me still seeking "the ding" on every stroke I attempt. But... to each his own!

YJ? you don't intentionally miss the center line when hitting out of the sand, do ya? I've found that when I mishit there, I get WIDELY-varied results... none of which are ever good. I s'pose it would depend on the lie% in the sand...

I try to reduce or eliminate as many "variables" as possible when playing this game. YJ's method may work for him... sadly, I still haven't found an ideal answer to the "ding question", and prob'ly never will.

Good Luck.

I keep one of those little "bellhop" bells on my desk. With every shot I tap it.It's the only way I've found to get a "ding" on every hit. lol 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 11:21 AM

PugsAce:

NormH3:

AlaCowboy:

Good Luck.

I keep one of those little "bellhop" bells on my desk. With every shot I tap it.It's the only way I've found to get a "ding" on every hit. lol 

Nice one! 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:21 PM

I pretty much play the edges of the perfect line for almost all my shots.  

I'm probably making the game harder than it should be for myself as I both aim and play what I call "cut" shots where I miss by a pixel or two on either side, which side depending on a variety of factors.   There will be times where I will look to hit it perfect, but that's typically on drives where I'm trying to get as much distance as possible. 

The worst part of playing this way is sometimes I get into a "rut" where I keep hitting perfect and end up burning the edges in putting or I end up waiting too long when attempting to miss right, and miss way right.

My entire game revolves around just how good my timing is that round, especially since I use the standard ball and fast swing meter woods.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:03 PM

It has been my habit to hit either early or late. It is my view that by trying to hit the white line I have the potential for three possible outcomes, early, perfect and late. By purposely choosing early or late, you eliminate one or the other as an outcome and replace that outcome with a perfect hit, which is always acceptable. In other words, you go from 3 possible outcomes to 2.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:17 PM

If I may add to this, I have often thought that as an added statistic it would be useful to have a percentage of perfect white line hits available to use as a tool and to compare with the rates enjoyed by our very best players.

• RSS