Help › Forums

Profile page status edit workaround

Tue, Apr 16 2024 12:10 AM (38 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2024 6:33 PM

ScottHope:
    I can't see your status at all!

How can you make it disappear completely? Curious to know...

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 1:20 AM

Hi Simon, I always thought it was something that WGT did if you put something unsavory up there.

You probably could hide it with some code, but it would only be hidden for the person that applied the code.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 2:46 AM

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. I see...

I gotta then ask it to Robert.

ScottHope:
    if you put something unsavory up there.

What did you write or put there, Rob? LOL

Nah, never mind. I don't wanna get you in trouble with moderators. 😉

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 3:04 AM

Just clicking around after replying to you I came across several other profiles that have no status either. It might be an automated thing like the profile picture checker.

Don't worry about getting me into trouble, I've probably been here too long anyway, lol.

⇩ EDIT : I have had a temporary ban, so I did stand on the edge of the envelope once, lol.  : )) ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 3:19 AM

Hey Scott, thanks again for rechecking. Appreciate it. 🙂

ScottHope:
    Don't worry about getting me into trouble, I've probably been here too long anyway, lol.

I was addressing it to Robert. I worried about him repeating what he'd written in his status and might get moderated for it. LOL

And you into trouble, Scott?! Boy, if that ever happens, they should probably ban all the rest of us first!

↑ EDIT : Whoa, didn't know! Hard to believe really. 😦 ↑

↓ EDIT : Gotcha, Robert. 😉 ↓

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 6:07 AM

@Simon

Actually, I didn’t write anything in my profile page. Simply noted it worked for me. 😉 It’s like the joke about academics being pedantic. 

So, you say academics are pedantic?

Yes, I do. 

Can you provide me with an example?

Yes, I can. 

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2024 1:02 AM

This didn't work for me, Scott.  I haven't been able to change the status on my profile page for weeks.

It also didn't work for others in our CC.  In some cases, it apparently simply erased everything written on their status and gave no opportunity to write anything.  In my case, it did nothing.

~Nancy

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2024 1:16 AM

Hi Nancy, sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Can I ask what browser you use?

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2024 4:59 AM

So how do I change my billing info I have moved several times and have changed bank accounts several times as well  and I  change the address every time I purchase credits. I haven't lived there for 7 years! FRUSTRATING!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2024 7:36 AM

@Scott

I know Safari returns an error message and prompts user to use Developer section. For me, Chrome and Opera both worked without a problem. Firefox didn't work and didn't give any prompts or errors. Just nothing with Firefox.

I know you already mention users might need to use developer tools but that may have been overlooked by some. I also suspect some might overlook that they need to be on their profile page and not just on any WGT page.

Simple thing seems to be just direct people to use Chrome.

I also just verified that MS Edge works without an issue.

RSS