Forums

Help › Forums

Profile page status edit workaround

Tue, Apr 16 2024 12:10 AM (38 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2024 1:31 PM

If you are in need of changing the status text on your profile while it's not working correctly, you could try this (for Windows PC).

Copy the code in blue below and, on your profile page, paste it into your browsers address bar. Remove the hypen from the word java-script, and then press enter...

java-script:$("#status_field_wrapper, #status_buttons").css({display:"block"});$("#status_text_wrapper").css({display:"none"});$(".textLink").eq(0).click();void(0);

(I have to add in the hypen to be able to post the message here, but the code won't work in the browser address bar unless it is removed).

The code should produce an editable status field which you can fill in, as per usual. (You may have to click the 'Edit' button before you can type anything).

If the code doesn't work in the address bar of your usual browser, try Chrome or a Chrome based browser. Other than that, try opening your browser developer tools, pasting it into the console window and hitting enter.
    NOTE : java-script: should be removed from the front of the code for this method.

EDIT : If you want a more permanent solution to this issue then you can install a short script I have written for Tampermonkey. If you already have Tampermonkey installed then just click this link to start the script install procedure. Clicking the link will open Tampermonkey (if installed) and at the top of the page you should see an install button, click that to complete the install. Now when you go to your profile page, the status edit button should just work.

The script installs a jQuery migrate file into your profile page. I have a feeling that WGT have recently updated jQuery on this site, and that may have broken a few things. The migrate file will hopefully keep the broken bits working until WGT sorts out the issues.

• Hacker456
    167 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 3:24 PM

It took me to a new page.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 3:51 PM

What browser are you using?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2024 5:14 PM

Thanks for the useful tips once again, Scott. ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿฝ‍โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿฟ

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2024 12:32 AM

Thank you Simon. It's not exactly user friendly, but might help out a few members.  ; )

• Stefano123
    316 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 10:45 AM

Hello, "ScottHope".

My “Edit” button no longer works…

I followed your explanation, and it worked very well...

Thank you very much.

Best regards. Stefano123 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 10:55 AM

Excellent!  Thank you Stefano.  ; )

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 2:38 PM

Also worked well for me. But then I realized I couldn’t care less if I could edit my profile page. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 3:19 PM

Er...   thanks Robert?   : ))

EDIT : I can't see your status at all!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 3:48 PM

๐Ÿ˜€

RSS