Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown

Tue, Dec 19 2023 2:34 PM (21 replies)
  • zulu24
    308 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2023 10:07 AM

Why is it that every time my opponent either quits or forfeits a game I lose my score. This Showdown I was 5 under after 3 holes in the 1st round my opponent quits, the game stalls and I have to start again.

Just now on the second round 1st hole I hit a birdie my opponent forfeits, the game stalls and I have to start again.

Frustrating 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2023 3:06 PM

Heard it ad nauseam already. 😞

Frustrating indeed, but unfortunately, we can do nothing but hope for WGT to fix it someday.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2023 4:06 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Heard it ad nauseam already. 😞

Frustrating indeed, but unfortunately, we can do nothing but hope for WGT to fix it someday.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2023 5:33 PM

They're too busy puting big fat white lines on the putting green!yeah!☺️

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 4:51 AM

zulu24:
    opponent quits, the game stalls and I have to start again.

Had this happen to me this morning, -2 after 2, putting for bird on 3rd green and my opponent was down by 3.. On a side note, after the second round I have received only 1 apparel box that was any good to me after 2 rounds. This will be my last showdown. Getting tired of getting the "maxxed" apparel and the quitters. Not wasting anymore of my credits. Cheers

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 2:12 PM

Last I read, though I can’t find it now, WGT rep said they had finally been able to replicate the problem and would be able to fix it.  However, not yet, I guess…….

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2023 11:10 AM

I had to play Wolf creek 3 times lol. Every time i Eagled the other player bailed and the game crashed.

FYI Wgt  it only crashed at Wolf , nowhere else so maybe its more to do with the course!!!!!!

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2023 11:37 AM

AlaskanDame:

Last I read, though I can’t find it now, WGT rep said they had finally been able to replicate the problem and would be able to fix it.  However, not yet, I guess…….

I've seen that too.  But they're just saying that to give us hope.  Unlikely it will ever get fixed though because they have 'more important' rubbish to put in.

• CaptRon48
    184 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2023 9:29 AM

Just feel like venting and this as good as any place. I finished 8th in most recent Showdown in my group. But in my mind I finished with 4th best score. I believe 1st tiebreaker is last 9 holes. I finished -11 over all and I finished -7 on last 9 holes,yet of the other 5 players who shot -11 4 apparently beat me on last 9. Shaky at best lol.  As i said just venting I still feel good anytime I finish in top ten and beat bunch of TourLegends and above in Rookie division.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2023 5:23 PM

CaptRon48:

Just feel like venting and this as good as any place. I finished 8th in most recent Showdown in my group. But in my mind I finished with 4th best score. I believe 1st tiebreaker is last 9 holes. I finished -11 over all and I finished -7 on last 9 holes,yet of the other 5 players who shot -11 4 apparently beat me on last 9. Shaky at best lol.  As i said just venting I still feel good anytime I finish in top ten and beat bunch of TourLegends and above in Rookie division.

How are Showdown ties handled?

If two players are tied in a Showdown, leaderboard placement is determined by:

1. Number of Showdown holes completed
    2. Score of final Showdown game
    3. Score of second-to-last Showdown game
    4. Score of third-to-last Showdown game
    5. Number of Double Eagles scored in Showdown
    6. Number of Eagles scored in Showdown
    7. Number of Birdies scored in Showdown
    8. First to complete Showdown round

Sorry mate, your last nine holes are of little importance.  Just because YOU play a certain set of holes as your last 3 (what WGT calls a Showdown game) doesn't mean that they will fall on the "official scorecard" that way. 

Say YOU play Wolf Creek followed by Pebble followed by St Andy followed by Chambers followed by Erin Hills followed by PGA.  Lets say you shoot -2 at PGA.  Well I will play the exact same holes as you, but not necessarily in the same order.  Lets say mine is Chambers followed by Pebble followed by Wolf Creek followed by Erin followed by PGA followed by St Andy and I shoot -1 at St Andy.  You don't necessarily win the tiebreaker by beating me on the last 3 hole "game" because the "official scorecard" may have the holes ordered as St Andy, then PGA, then Wolf Creek, then Erin, then Pebble, then Chambers.  So whoever shot the best on Chambers, then Pebble, then Erin would win the tiebreaker.  And unfortunately WGT never reveals the order of the "official scorecard". 

RSS